Runaways

I want to run away

Sorry for any misspelled words, or grammar mistakes, ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ.
Enjoy!
_____________________________________________________________

JungGuk was always fascinated from the idea of running away, leaving everything behind and despairing, doing what you really want, making a new self.

Ever since his mother died there was no one holding him back. His father was never there, and he never really liked the people he handed out with, he called them friends because that was what is expected from him.

But he was afraid. He was just an eighteen years old boy that just left the orphanage, barely making enough for living. He just couldn’t afford running away, no. that was just too expensive.

'Were will I go?'

'What will I eat?'

'Were will I sleep?'

He was always a realistic thinker, and although he had fun thinking about a new life for himself - in a new place, where no one knew him as that sad orphan boy, or that neared from school, or just as JungGuk - it was fun, but the thought about doing it never crossed his mind.

Well, at lest until a certain man walked into the diner he was working in. The man looked around his age, with bright red hair, ripped faded blue jeans, a simple black t-shirt and a brown leather jacket that matched his short boots.

The man was hot. JungGuk wasn’t shy to admit it, everything with eyes would tell you that. JungGuk was always attracted to boys, and although he never tried to hide it, no one really knew.

JungGuk's eyes followed the man as he set himself next to the window and looked at the menu. JungGuk couldn’t stop himself from wandering whay the man walked to the diner at 2 a.m, but he also couldn’t bring himself to care enough to ask.

"Excuse me?" the man called out, his accent was differed, he wasn’t from Busan, JungGuk noted to himself.
As he didn’t saw any other waiter approaching the man, he went to his table.

After taking the man's order and giving him the food JungGuk returned to the counter. He kept giving the mysterious man a look ones in a while, until he caught the man gazing at him as well. When he saw the man smirking at him he became bright red, and turned away. He wasn't even the one to give the man his check, letting his shyness to take over him.

The next evening the man came again, at a more reasonable time this time, at 7 p.m to be exact.
This time JungGuk took his order again.
This time, JungGuk wasn't embarrassed when their gazes met, but he did look away as the other smiled a cute boxy smile at him.

In the third day the man came to the diner JungGuk was working at the bar, and the man didn’t hesitated as he walked straight to the bar and sat himself in front of JungGuk.

"Hello" the man spoke, his voice as deep as JungGuk remembered it.
"Hey, what would you like to brink?"
"A beer will be fine, what's your name?"
The man's question caught JungGuk off guard.
"JungGuk." He said quietly, placing a cold bottle of beer in front of the man.
"I'm TaeHyung. Hey, amm, when does your shift ends?"
As all he got in return was a questioning look he continued,
"I'm not from here, and I'll leave Busan soon. But I haven't had the chance to wander around and I thought that it will be the best if someone from the area will show me the city."
"And a random guy from a bar is your choice? What if I'm a serial killer?"
"You are cute enough to take the chance."
JungGuk was trying hard not to blush. It was defiantly the first time someone asked him out, and he didn’t know what to answer.
"My shift will end at nine." It wasn’t yes, or no, 'it will give me time to think about it'
"I'll be here at nine, see you then JungGuk" TaeHyung said, getting up, he placed some money on the counter and turned away, living the untouched beer behind.

As nine was slowly coming JungGuk was slowly freaking out.
He just understood he will be wondering around at night with a stranger. 'But he seems nice, and I can't imagine someone with his smile to be any harm for anyone'

As JungGuk was getting ready to leave, he saw the man, TaeHyung walking in. his close were different this time, JungGuk noticed. He wore black tight jeans, and a creamy oversized sweater, which made him look really cute.

As his eye landed on JungGuk he smiled to him and walked towards him.
"Let's go?" he asked, still smiling brightly, and JungGuk just nodded, walking out of the diner.

They walked together in silence for a few seconds, no one knows what to say.

"So…" TaeHyung spoke, "Where should we go?"
"There is a really nice building's rooftop not far, the view is amazing,"
"That sounds nice, how about we buy some snakes and than go there?"
JungGuk just nodded. He didn’t know what to do, he never was on a date before, 'Is it even a date? We are just walking around, I don’t even know him,'

"You are cute when you embarrassed" TaeHyung said as he walked closer to JungGuk,
"Why- why are you flirting with me? You said you leaving Busan soon," JungGuk questioned.
"If I have a reason to stay I'll stay, there is no where I really need to go to," TaeHyung answered, confusing JungGuk even more.

They walked inside a small convenient store. TaeHyung wandered around the shelves, picking random snacks, "Hey, JungGuk can you bring the drinks? Just get me a beer and take what you want for yourself," with those words JungGuk went to bring the drinks, taking a beer for himself as well.

TaeHyung paid for the things, and they walked out heading to the rooftop, TaeHyung was amazed from the view, he saw some pretty thing when he drove around the country, but that was beautiful. All the city night lights spread in front of then, seemingly lasting forever, and the night sky, they were dark as always, but you could see more stars from up here, it felt like you can reach out your hand and touch them.

"So do you care to explain what you were talking about before? About leaving Busan," JungGuk asked as they settled on the rooftop
"Do you want the long story or the short one?" TaeHyung asked while he opened both of the bottles.
"The long story."

"Well, the story starts about a year ago, when I told my parents I'm gay, they didn’t take that very well and kicked me out," TaeHyung said with a sigh and took a sip from his beer,
"After that I took my car, and started driving. I didn’t know where, I still don’t know. I just driving around the country, I have some savings, and sometimes I stay long enough for a job. Eventually I would love to go to Seoul, you know, the 'big city'." TaeHyung chuckled, looking at JungGuk, who was looking at the city lights.
"You know, I always dreamed about running away, it seemed fun," JungGuk said,
"But I'm too much of a cowered"

They stayed quiet for most of the night, just quietly sharing stories with each other, JungGuk found TaeHyung as someone he felt free to talk to, someone he actually enjoyed his company for ones. They had spent hours on that rooftop, and in the end JungGuk knew more about TaeHyung then about his friends.

He couldn’t believe he had just met him.

After that night TaeHyung decided to stay in Busan for some more, wanting to know more about JungGuk.

The next day JungGuk would lie to himself is he will say he was surprised when he saw TaeHyung walking into the small diner.

"JungGuk-ah,"

JungGuk's ears got a little red with the nickname,

"Is your shift ends at nine today?"
JungGuk nodded,
"Great, can you meet today?"
JungGuk nodded again,
"You know you can talk right?"
JungGuk nodded, "Oh, amm, yes. Let's meet today."
TaeHyung smiled brightly at those words, giving JungGuk that cute boxy smile, "Oh, this is my phone number," he said, giving JungGuk a small piece of bright green paper, and the younger could swear he saw blush on the other's cheek's.

The both met for every day for the last week, always on the same rooftop, at 9:15 p.m, with two bottles of beer and JungGuk's favorite snack.

JungGuk was slowly but surely falling for TaeHyung. He was the sweets, the funniest and the weirdest person that JungGuk had met, and he just couldn’t get enough from him.

"JungGuk-ah, are you cold?" TaeHyung asked, noticing the other was shivering "A little, I shouldn't have forgot my jack-," his sentence was cut as TaeHyung pulled him into his warm embrace, rubbing his hand on JungGuk's arm.
"Hyung, when are you leaving Busan?"
"I don't know JungGuk-ah"
JungGuk hummed as an answer,
'Was it to crazy to think about running away again?'

In the first time for very long TaeHyung didn’t want to go, not alone anyway. It was selfish, he knew that, but it didn’t stop him from considering asking JungGuk to come with him. It was crazy, he knew JungGuk for a week, but he didn’t want to leave him behind, 'That is why you don’t asking people out TaeHyung'.

He was stupid, he knew that, but sitting with JungGuk alone on the rooftop, hugging him, and watching the city lights together felt so good he couldn’t bring himself to care about it in this moment.

He smiled to himself as JungGuk sank into him embrace, letting his head fall on TaeHyung's shoulder.

"You are beautiful Guki"
"Guki?"
"You don’t like it?"
"No, I do like it"

JungGuk took his hand and played with TaeHyung's fingers.
'It's now or never' JungGuk sighed to himself,
"Hyung, I want to come with you. I want to runaway"

TaeHyung was shocked, he never thought JungGuk would actually want to go with him, but he couldn’t let the younger leave all his life behind,
"Guki, are you sure? You have a job, and friends, and-,"
"No hyung, I never loved my life here. I always wanted to run away, just not alone. And well, I knew you for a week, but I want to run away with you" JungGuk didn’t looked at TaeHyung, afraid from his rejection.
"Guki, I- I want you to come, I really do, it's just," TaeHyung sighed, 'Is that I really like you, and I don’t want to ruin anything between us'
"It's okay hyung, I'll understand If you don’t want me to go with you" TaeHyung could feel how heart JungGuk's voice was, and it made him feel bad.
"I really want you to come Guki. I just don’t want things to be awkward between us."
"Why would they be awkward?"
TaeHyung sighed, "Because I like you Guki, more then I should like you after just a week." TaeHyung said, losing his embrace a little, to let JungGuk know he can push him away if he isn’t comfortable.

"I think it would make thing better," JungGuk whispered to TaeHyung's ear, and made TaeHyung turn to look at him, confused,
"Why would it be bett-,"

TaeHyung never got the chance to finish his sentence as JungGuk's soft lips met his, for just a small kiss at first, not even giving TaeHyung the chance react. But JungGuk didn’t went away, TaeHyung could still feel his breath, their lips just an inch apart, "It would be better because I wouldn’t have to hide my filings from you now," the younger whispered.

Now it was TaeHyung turn to connect their lips, his hands lay on JungGuk's nape and shoulders, holding him close.
They moved slowly, letting themselves to enjoy every moment.

JungGuk's lips were so soft, moving with TaeHyung's lips as if they meant to be together.
JungGuk tasted sweet, like strawberries almost, his sweet taste mixed with the bitter taste of beer, and the salty taste of chips, but TaeHyung didn’t mind, he just wanted more of it.

He bit JungGuk's lower lip, letting his tongue in his mouth, exploring every part of it.

It felt so good, TaeHyung couldn’t stop himself from smiling into the kiss.

They broke apart, catching their breath.
"So can I come with you hyung?"
"Of course."

They set together on the rooftop, hugging each other, sharing a few words here and there, and just enjoying each other's company.

A couple days latter JungGuk finished packing, quit his job, canceled his contract to his small apartment, and said goodbye to the people that knew him.

"Wont you miss Busan?" TaeHyung asked as he putted JungGuk's bag at the back of his van, which was big enough to fit a mattress in the back.

"Maybe, but it is better like this. I'm finely going to do what I wanted" JungGuk said as the both of them got inside the car. He was finely happy with his choices, "So where are we going?" JungGuk asked TaeHyung, which set in the driver's seat, making the older smile,
"Where ever we want to go"

 

So yes,
JungGuk was always fascinated from the idea of running away, leaving everything behind and despairing, doing what you really want, making a new self.

When he actually did it he never regretted it, it wasn’t as he imagined it, no, it was better.
With TaeHyung on his side, sleeping at wired motels on the road, driving for days, losing themselves in foreign cities. It all was amazing.

JungGuk ran away, and he never wanted to come back.