Promise on the Rooftop (Part 1)

[a few one shots] GuiLun's Love Stories

Promise on the Rooftop (Part 1)

Two years later, Sakura High School

“And then, he asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend, then I said yes and we just…kissed!” Xiao Xun told enthusiastically about her first date with Ah Ben yesterday. But Gui Gui, who was walking beside her on the hallway, couldn’t concentrate with her words, because her eyes caught a figure who was walking with the bunch of his friends on the other direction.

Gui Gui heartbeat increased when they got nearer and nearer. She felt like suffocated. She bent her head down, didn’t dare to look at him, nor at his friends. When finally she and Xiao Xun walked passed them, she started to breath normally.

She didn’t know those brown, almond-shaped eyes never left her until she disappeared on the end of the hallway.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Gui Gui, are you okay?” Xiao Xun asked.

“Of course,” she smiled but she still felt the cold-sweat on her palms.

“Eh, do you see that, Gui? Senior Aaron and his friends…how can they be that handsome?” Xiao Xun asked dreamingly.

“Stop daydreaming, Xiao Xun,” someone interrupted her.

“Wang Zi, stop bothering me, you stupid!” Xiao Xun glared at him.

But Wang Zi’s eyes were on Gui Gui, noticed her tensed up when she heard Aaron’s name.

“Are you really okay, Gui?” Wang Zi asked.

Gui Gui faked a smile. “I’m okay. I think I just need to use the toilet.”

With that, Gui Gui headed to the ladies. She hated when she did it, because she must pass Aaron’s class, class 3-1.

“Gui Gui, don’t be afraid,” she whispered to herself.

Gui Gui walked quickly passing that class. However, she caught some comments from the students in that class.

“Hey, Hebe…isn’t she your sister?” Calvin, the tallest guy nudged Hebe.

“Really?” Hebe looked outside. “You’re right,” she said. “Hey, Gui!”

Unwillingly, Gui Gui stopped. She turned to Hebe and asked, “What?”

“Nothing. I just greet you. Hey, wanna join? We just want to play a game,” Hebe offered.

Gui Gui’s eyes looked for Aaron. She sighed in relief when she couldn’t find him. Then, she smiled to Hebe and said, “I think I…”

“Hi, everyone!”

Gui Gui tensed up when she heard his voice. She didn’t dare to turn around nor speak.

“Hi, Aaron! Where did you go?” Jiro, the other student asked.

“Somewhere,” Aaron answered briefly.

You’re not a coward, Gui Gui! Gui Gui told herself.

“Hey, jie…I gotta go now…bye!” Gui Gui said to Hebe before she quickly ran away, without glanced to Aaron even once.

“You’re sister kinda cute,” Jiro commented to Hebe. “What class she is in?”

Hebe thought for awhile, “Um…class 2-4, I think…she rarely tell me about her class…”

“What do you think, Aaron? Isn’t she cute?” Jiro nudged Aaron who was already sat beside him.

“Angel…” Aaron whispered.

“What?” Jiro asked.

Aaron shook his head. His thought was in the other place.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gui Gui threw herself on her bed, didn’t bother to change her uniform. She stared at the ceiling. Her eyes were already teary.

It was always like that every day in these past two years. She never could see right on Aaron’s eyes after that incident. And Aaron himself seemed like he didn’t know her.

“Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!” Gui Gui hit her head repeatedly.

It had been two years, but she still couldn’t forget about the brief moment between her and Aaron. Wasn’t that stupid? It was really clear that Aaron just played on her, then…why did she still care?

Gui Gui wiped her tears away. She entered her bathroom and washed her face.

“You can’t be like this forever, Gui Gui!” Gui Gui said to her reflection on the mirror. “He even doesn’t care about you, then why do you always avoid him?”

Gui Gui sighed. She went changed and then sat on her desk. She immediately looked for her CD. She often and always spent her time with listening to music, recalled the bittersweet memories on the day she had the entrance test.

“Crap! Where is it?” Gui Gui cursed as she couldn’t find the CD.

She sighed. “Hebe must borrow it again…”

She quickly rushed out from her room and dashed to Hebe’s room.

“Jie…you borrow my CD again?”

A brief silence. Many pairs of eyes stared at her. Gui Gui was so shocked when she realized those brown eyes also on her.

Where is Hebe, she asked herself. Why are her friends here? She asked again. And why…is he here?

“Hey, Gui? What’s wrong?” suddenly Hebe appeared from behind with a tray of drinks on her hands.

“Jie…wh…where’s my CD?” Gui Gui asked, tried not to stutter as she felt his eyes were still on her.

“Oh…that’s one…” Hebe placed the tray between her friends. “Aaron, can you give that CD to Gui Gui?”

Aaron’s attention turned to Hebe. “That’s one,” Hebe pointed a CD on the table beside Aaron.

Aaron took it and he stood up. He walked towards Gui Gui.

Hebe…are you trying to kill me? Gui Gui cursed in her head. She started to sweat again. Her heartbeat increased. The oxygen around her seemed get lessens.

Calm down, Gui Gui…she tried to tell herself.

When Aaron was already in front of her, Gui Gui quickly snatched the CD from Aaron. Without any words, she ran back to her room.

“What’s wrong with your sister?” Calvin asked Hebe.

Hebe shrugged. “I don’t know. She usually isn’t like that…”

Aaron went back to his seat beside Hebe. “Hey…” he called.

Hebe turned to Aaron confusedly. “What?”

“Have you ever been hospitalized?” Aaron asked.

“Huh? No…” Hebe answered. “You don’t see I’m so healthy. The doctor even hates me because I never get sick,” she joked.

Aaron forced a smile for her joke. Then Hebe asked, “Why do you ask?”

Aaron just shook his head.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After came back to her room, Gui Gui quickly laid on her bed. She forced herself to go sleep. She didn’t want to think about him anymore. Never.

Gui Gui just slept for an hour, when suddenly she was woken up by knock on her bedroom door. Gui Gui sighed as she prayed in her heart that Hebe’s friends had gone home.

Gui Gui opened the door just to find Hebe’s smiling face.

“What?” Gui Gui asked.

“Gui Gui…why don’t you join us? We’re barbequing at the backyard,” Hebe said.

“Us?”

“Yes! Us!” Hebe pulled Gui Gui out from her room. She ignored Gui Gui’s protests as she dragged Gui Gui downstairs to the backyard.

Ended up sitting on the corner alone, Gui Gui tried not to stare at Aaron. She watched the others barbequed happily. On the opposite, same with Gui Gui, Aaron decided just sat alone and didn’t join.

The night came. All of them were already full. Now, they were sitting on the grass under the tree. In the middle, there was a campfire.

Don’t they have to go home? Gui Gui asked in her mind. She felt really uneasy with Aaron was in her house.

“How about we play a game?” Jiro suggested.

“That’s good! Let’s play truth or dare!” Ella said.

The other immediately agreed. Gui Gui was about to escape when Hebe successfully caught her. She glared to her but she just smiled innocently.

Jiro spun the bottle. All of them noticed the bottle carefully, after it suddenly stopped.

“Oh my…” Gui Gui whined.

“Yes! Gui Gui!” Hebe cheered. “So…truth or dare?”

“Umm…truth,” Gui Gui said.

“Okay…” Hebe thought for awhile. “Do you have boyfriend?”

Gui Gui shook her head.

“Someone you like?” Jiro asked.

Gui Gui paused. Someone she liked…

Aaron suddenly coughed. “Let’s spin again,” he said as he spun the bottle, ignored the protest from the other.

Are you trying to help me? Gui Gui thought. Why? You stupid…

The bottled stopped at Aaron. The other cheered happily.

“Nah…Aaron…truth or dare?” Jiro asked.

“Truth.”

“Do you have someone you like?” Selina asked.

Gui Gui bent her head down when she felt Aaron’s gaze on her.

What’s wrong with him? Gui Gui asked in her mind annoyingly.

“Yes,” Aaron finally answered.

“Really? Who?” Calvin asked curiously.

Aaron just smiled. The sad one. “But…she doesn’t like me back.”

“Woah! How can?” Jiro questioned unbelievingly.

“She…considers like I don’t exist in this world,” Aaron told.

Gui Gui’s heart broke into pieces. What did I think, she asked herself. He was just playing on me…he even forgot our promise…it’s not strange if he likes somebody else…stupid! He even doesn’t like you, Gui Gui…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why Sakura High School?
I just imagine both Gui Gui and Aaron was in Japan school uniform...they must be so cute!^^
Just imagine those lovebirds on the rooftop with the twilight sky as the background, the gently breeze, then the sakura's leaves fell...
Isn't that so romantic...???
Awww....I feel it was so sweet...>.<
Hehe...
Okay...just continue the story...^^