2. MANILA

BTS WINGS: Taking Flight Tour
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

MANILA

Maya opened her eyes, thoroughly grateful to be alive

“I demand to see my best friend! Let me through!” Maya heard Sam's loud shouting from some where. She moved and was again filled with relief to feel all her body parts are still connected with each other. She also realized she was lying down. She took a deep breath and pushed her self up. Pain filled her head.

“Ow.” She said her hand reaching for her head.

“Ah ah! No! Don't touch.” A voice reprimanded.

“Hi to you too.” Maya muttered lowering her hand back to her side. She coughed feeling too dry for her liking.

“Water?” The owner of the voice that reprimanded her said more gently now. A shadow covered her face and she saw the owner of the voice was in fact female and was wearing white.

Wait. White?

Is she dead?

No. Her sister is going to kill her for not bringing back the BTS album.

But Sam is here so does that mean she's dead too?

“No.” Maya moaned closing her eyes.

“Does something hurt?” The white wearing female asked.

Wait she is wearing white so that means..

“Am I in heaven?” Maya blurted out.

The female chuckled in amusement then shook her head.

“No.” She answered.

“But you're wearing a -” Maya paused since now felt uncomfortably dry.

“Here. Let me help you up so you can take a sip.” Her companion answered and helped her up. After a moment she instructed Maya to take small sips from the water.

“I'm not dead?”

“No.” The female answered with a smile as she took the glass of water from Maya. “I'm a nurse not an angel. Although I am very flattered that you thought I was one.”

“Kill me. I'm so embarrassed!” Maya whined as she covered her face making the nurse chuckle again.

“Don't worry. It's quite normal to experience confusion when you wake up from getting a hard hit to your head.” The nurse answered. “How do you feel by the way?”

“My head is a bit achy but overall fine.” Maya answered with a small smile to the nurse.

“That is great to hear. Just wait here a bit while I call the doctor.” The nurse said.

“Maya!!” Both of them turned towards the door as it burst open ans Sam marched in shaking a guard away from her. “Maya!”

“Sammie!” Maya answered with a grin holding her arms wide. Sam walked towards her and hugged Maya tightly. Sam promptly burst into tears. Maya waved away the guard who tried to pull Sam away.

“You stupid stupid stupid girl!” Sam sobbed onto her shoulder.

“I'm okay Sam.” Maya said soothingly.

“Do you know how frighten I was? Your father would have killed me.” Sam said pulling back and wiped her tears on Maya's shirt.

“I'm sorry Sam.” Maya said with a smile as Sam glared at her. “Were you hurt?”

“No I got off the stage in time.” Sam answered.

“Namjoon ah I mean rap monster?” Maya asked.

“Just a few minor scrapes,” Maya answered. “You were the one got injured severely.”

Maya sighed in relief just as the doctor came in with two Korean men in tow. The doctor examined Maya thoroughly and pronounced her good enough to get out.

“Oh is the concert finished?” Maya asked feeling sadden that she wasn't able to watch.

“No not yet. They delayed it.” Sam answered helping Maya stand.

“What? Why? I thought Namjoon is okay?” Maya asked loudly. “Is he not?”

“He's fine.” Sam said now the one soothing Maya. “He is right?” She faced the two korean men.

“Yes. He is good.” One of them answered. “You? Okay?”

“I'm fine.” Maya said with a sigh. “I wasn't out that long then.”

“It was long enough Aya.” Sam scolded.

“I'm sorry Sam. I guess instinct just took over.” Maya answered.

“Apparently you don't have any survival instincts.” Sam retorted as she ran a hand through Maya's hair. “Are you really okay?”

“Yes.” Maya replied and frowned. “Although I doubt I can survive the VIP standing area Sam.”

“We'll stay at the back.” Sam answered with a smile.

“No no. You need to talk your pictures up close.” Maya said shaking her head.

“Maya it's okay.”

“But-”

The two were interrupted from their bickering by a loud cough from one of the doctor. He started to give Maya some instructions. As he was finishing by once again checking Maya's bandage one of the Korean Men spoke up.

Sam had noticed the two were sort of having a discussion between themselves and someone else on the phone. They must have come to an agreement because they stopped as Maya's doctor finished his discharge instructions. He and the nurse left after they gave Maya an all clear.

“Excuse Miss.. Uh.. you okay now?” One of them spoke up.

“Yes. I'll be okay.” Maya answered with a smile and to prove her point she got off the bed and stood up.

The two smiled back with obvious relief on their faces. They started to talk very fast in korean. Maya gave a help-me-i-am-lost look to Sam who also shook her head.

“Excuse me Sir. I only understand kindergarten Korean and my friend can only understand you if you speak a bit slower. Please?” Maya interrupted them.

“Ah! Sorry sorry!” One said with an embarrassed smile.

They faced Sam who gave an encouraging nod as they started to speak again. Maya watched as Sam's face morphed from calm to flabbergasted in a couple of seconds. She tugged on Sam's sleeve for a translation but Sam waved her off and kept repeating 'really.' to herself.

Maya huffed in frustration still confused as the two korean men stood by the door all smiles. Sam started to tug Maya's arm.

“Oh are you going to tell me what they said?” Maya said narrowing her eyes.

“Stop being a sass monster.” Sam quipped.

“Then tell me!” Maya whined.

“They asked if it's okay that you go meet BTS. They want to personally thank you.” Sam said and chuckled as she saw how wide Maya's eyes had grown.

“What did you say?”

“No.”

“Samantha!”

“What did you think I said?”

“That I'll be going with you in tow of course!”

Sam paused and regarded her best friend who looked at her expectantly.

“With me?” Sam asked.

“Of course! I don't think I'll survive without you there to catch me if I faint.” Maya answered with a smile. “We're a package deal Sammie. Did you really think I'd you with out you?”

“Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!” Sam said and spoke to the two men who were waiting for them.

“Just tell them I need you for health reasons.” Maya said as the two men looked like they were hesitating.

“Good idea.” Sam said and conveyed the message.

“You need her with you?” One of the korean men spoke to Maya directly.

“Yes. I might get dizzy and Sam will know just what to do.” Maya answered in broken korean.

“Okay. It'll be okay.” The man who spoke to Maya said with a nod. “Let's go.”

Sam grabbed Maya's arm as the two followed the two men through the maze of the back stage.

“The one with the hat is Seung-won and the other one is Jong Do.” Sam whispered to Maya as the came upon a brighter corridor but the noise from the arena of fans was also louder. Whatever Sam wanted to say was lost as the two stared at the two marked ARTIST that the two men had entered.

“This is real right?” Sam asked.

“Let's find out.” Maya said and tugged the both of them onwards into the room.

The room was in organized chaos as everyone was scampering about but it seemed that all of them had a purpose, except Maya and Sam who looked lost.

“Blueberry!” A voice that sounded like Jhope shouted from a corner.

Everyone took a pause as they faced the two girls.

“Hi..” Sam trailed out awkwardly.

“Hello!” A voice thick with Korean accent greeted. Maya and Sam turned to face one of the more known managers of BTS, Hee-sun. He was famous because he of his looks and his kind demeanor towards the fans if they behaved.

“H-hi!” Maya squeaked out feeling a bit dizzy as she noticed everyone was still staring at them. Sam immediately noticed tightening her hold on her best friend.

“Aya?” Sam asked.

“I'm okay.” Maya answered after a deep breath. “Just a bit overwhelmed that we manage to enter the sacred artist dressing room.”

“Do you need to sit down?” Hee-sun asked also noticing Maya grimacing. He motioned for one of the staff to get a chair and despite Maya's protest he firmlly made her sit down. “Better?”

“Yes. Thank

Please log in to read the full chapter