Chapter 2

Dream intertwined with reality

 

Lonely Northern Hemisphere

Chapter 2
“Hey… Hey!”

Th.. That voice… Uhh… It’s familiar… That soothing voice. When I opened my eyes, a blinding light had stricken my eyes. I tried to block it but someone did. Someone covered my eyes with two hands.

“Hey! I thought you wouldn’t come. I was waiting for you!”

It’s him!!!

I can’t help to smile. I tried to sit up and he helped me. I touched the ground and it was fluffy like clouds.

Finally, I have fallen asleep!

I removed his hands away from my eyes. I quickly turned around and saw him smiling back at me. For some reason, his smile gave me warmth. I hugged him as soon as I can. He felt so real! His bulky figures were outstanding. Our skins were touching. He was so real! I even doubt that he’s only in my dreams.

But, as soon as we stop hugging, I saw our clothes. It was the same whenever I dreamed of him. I frowned. Even though I know that he would be just a dream, I’m still hoping that somehow, things will be different. I’m hoping that one day we’ll be really together. But, what could I do? He’s just a dream.

“Silly girl! Don’t be sad. See? I waited for you!”
He suddenly hugged me. I don’t know what’s with his hug… but as soon as our bodies got close, my frown turned to a smile. A huge smile.
I love him, is that enough? I don’t even know his name or anything about him, but I fell in love with him… Is meeting him in my dreams enough?

“Hey, really, who a-“

“Don’t ask anymore. You barely got here! We haven’t spent time with each other.”

Oh yeah. Whenever we ask anything that has something to do with gaining communication, we always wake up! I don’t know why it keeps on happening, but we learned that we need to deal with it. For some reasons, even if he’s just a dream, he thinks and acts so real. He’s like another person. They said that you controlled everything in your dream… I wonder why I can’t control what he says. He says unpredictable things that really surprise me. This is why I can’t believe that he’s just a dream.

"Hey! Stop day dreaming, I got loads to tell you. Ah! Before that, look what I discovered!”

He pulled me up and grabbed my hands. I couldn’t say anything more. Just looking at him already makes me feel happy and satisfied. Just by his one look, I forgot all my worries.

We were running like everything was in slow motion. I guess it’s just me. The heavenly atmosphere suits his heavenly aura. We were like in a movie.

We suddenly stopped. The place looks still the same. He sat down on the fluffy cloud and grabbed a piece of it. He silently molded it. After a few seconds, he gave me a flower looking cloud. I was happy, even though it was just a small thing. I don’t know why am I this happy, but one thing’s for sure…

I’m happy because it’s from him.

“You like it?”

“I love it. Thank you!”

I hugged him tight. For some reason, he hugged me back. Everything felt like magic. I wish this is forever… How I wish I wasn’t dreaming.

Oh yeah. I am dreaming.

I pushed him away. How could I be stupid? I know he’s a dream! I shouldn’t fall in love with him! Tears won’t stop rolling down to my cheeks. I ran away as far as I could. I can’t let him see that I’m crying. Never!

“It’s unfair, huh? For us.”

I was shaking. It’s really unfair!

“Why can’t we be together for real? I can only meet you here… And it’s not enough! It will never be enough!!! I hate this! I can’t even do anything for the girl I love! All I can do is to sleep so I can meet you!! Why our dreams keep on intertwining if we can never meet?! If I can’t know who you are or where you are? Why us? Why you? Why did our fates turned out like this?”

He was shouting and crying. His warm eyes were filled with tears! This is not right! Those tears should never appear!

But, he’s right... I was frozen up from where I’m standing. Why did we end up like this? It’s unfair! Why can’t we have the happiness that we simply want?! Why us?? Why him?

I can’t take it anymore! His gloomy eyes were attracting me like magnet. I can’t stop anymore. I rushed to him as quickly as I can and hugged him tight. Now that I know he loves me too, the only problem is how to face reality.

I need to stop crying! I should be happy that he loves me back. I should be happy that somehow, we can meet n our own private world. I don’t care if they call me stupid, I just can’t love any other man. I love the man in my dreams. God forbid, but I’m willing to live in my dreams.

“H.. Hey. Don’t cry…. We still have each other. We might not know each other and we live in each other’s dream, we can still be together in our own private world. What only matter is we love each other. I don’t care if I keep on dreaming… I love you and that’s all I really know.”

I tried to cheer him up by singing a song my mom had taught me.

“Your morning greetings keep me company while I 'm having my dinner... alone

Thinking of you...I'll save all of my feelings of missing you so carefully in the bottom of my heart

Twinkling starts in the sky are just like that you are telling me to be strong

I'm not worried that you and I are so far away in the opposite sides of the earth

Because I can feel that you care of me. It flies to me so speedy like riding on a magic carpet

You let me feel like that I can see the far away northern star and the Southern Cross amazingly become so close to each other

I wish I can lean on your arms like leaning on a soft and comfortable pillow

You are too far to see how lonely I am in the northern hemisphere even through your telescope

But the tidewater of Pacific Ocean flows back and forth never stops

I'll be patient, because I know one day we'll be on each other's shore

I wish I can be hugged in your so warm chest like sitting by a heating stove

I can't show you how lonely I am from the photos I e-mailed to you

The world is so huge and wide, when we feeling cold, we can make each other to feel warm by our true hearts

I'll never stop thinking of you. I'll like to have you to keep all of my dreams.”

“I’ll never stop thinking about you…”

He whispered to me softly. Every word he said felt like melody to my ears. We sang the song together. In an instant, he knew the song. I didn’t know how but I didn’t care. All I know that he’s with me. We’re living in a world where the two of us lives.

We were lying on the cloud, looking at stars. I was leaning on his arm and he held my hands tight. We never thought about the reality. Everything was just perfect.

“Do you think we’ll be like this if ever we meet?”

I suddenly asked him. I don’t know why, but I feel somewhat happy that even if I can only meet him in my dreams, we love each other. I never felt this way before. So I’m not going to give up fast.

“I don’t think, I know. I know that we’ll love each other, because I knew I love you before I met you…”

“Hahah! You’re lame, that’s a song!”

“Oh, you know that too?” He turned to me.

“Hahaha! Of course…” I can’t talk anymore. He was looking straight at me. His heavenly feature was surreal. It suddenly reminds me that this was a dream.

“Stupid. Don’t cry… I don’t know what to do when you cry…” He hugged me tight.

His hug was the warmest hug I ever had. I suddenly realize that everything about us matches. His hands fit mine perfectly. It’s like we were made for each other.

“I love you more than anyone.”

He looked at me with his warm eyes. I couldn’t look away. I love him too much.

He slowly leaned towards me…

And we share a kiss that sparked the butterflies in my tummy.

I couldn’t think of anything else. All I knew that his kiss felt real and his warmth was cozy. I have never been kissed in my whole life. I’m glad that his my first one.

And the happiest thing about that?

His lips perfectly fit mine. :)

But then, everything went black. Before I knew it, I was awake.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The song used was Love Contract's ending song "Gu Dan Bei Ban Qui" (Lonely Northern Hemisphere) in English lyrics. :) This is sung by Ariel Lin herself.

Comments are highly appreciated! :)