EPILOGUE

timeless | 영원한
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ladies and gentlemen, let’s give the newlyweds a huge round of applause!”

Chanyeol motions towards the reception entrance and everyone hollars in excitement as Baekhyun and Hera enter, hand in hand with grins going from ear to ear. He’s looking suave in a sleek black, tailored double ed suit with his bangs slicked back to expose his forehead while Hera is as elegant as ever in her fitted, long sleeve lace wedding dress with an open back and her loose messy updo. They’re so madly in love with one another, it’s impossible to not be envious. Although… everyone does find it a little strange that the two are declining drinks when the entire world knows they’re the true party animals.

 

After the newlywed’s first dance, they quickly urged everyone to join them for a night of partying away and being that nearly half of the attendees were celebrities, no one wasted any time joining. Seated at her table empty, Seulgi has a soft smile on her face as she watches her friends sway to the sweet lyrics of a ballad Baekhyun had personally written for Hera a long time ago. She was reminiscing on the days when they used to all live together when a familiar figure emerges through the crowd. Seulgi catches his gaze but she turns away and pretends to feign ignorance until he’s standing in front of her. Her gazes follows the length of his body back up to his soft eyes and he smiles warmly down at her before extending out a hand. His buzz cut has already grown out.

“What are you doing, Sehun?” She says it quietly as if anyone is close enough to hear her over the loud music. They don’t acknowledge one another in public.

His smile grows wider. “I’m asking my lovely girlfriend for a dance.”

“Peop—.”

“—Let them look,” he interupts calmly. “They should all see how beautiful my love is. Dance with me.”

Seulgi swallows as she takes his hand. He grins her favorite cunning grin as he leads her to the dance floor before pulling her in by the waist until she’s pressed against him. He looks at her tenderly like how he always does but Seulgi immediately knows this time, it’s different.

“I think it’s time,” Sehun begins. “If you agree, I want to release a statement. I don’t want us to hide away anymore. We’ve gotten really good at it, it’s like second nature to us but I also think we’re old enough that we shouldn’t have to anymore.”

Her gaze that has been glued on his lips slowly raises to his eyes. If he were to say this to her some five years ago, she would’ve ran away faster than the speed of light and made sure Sehun would never ever get a hold of her again but Seulgi has no more demons to battle. It’s him she has chosen and she has chosen to love him in the dark, to meet him in the early hours of dawn and to pretend like he is a stranger when they’re out in society. So, she chooses him once again and smiles into a tender kiss. With him she’s not afraid of all the eyes that are going to be glued on them or all the hurdles they’re going to have to face in the future. She chooses Sehun in all the same ways Sehun will always choose her.

 

Three weeks following the wedding, Sehun releases a handwritten letter announcing his relationship with his first love, Kang Seulgi. Majority of his fans are touched by his dedication to his first love while there are the few that decides that Sehun having emotions like a normal human being is too much to handle so they leave the fandom but he’s okay with that. He’s just glad that at one point he was someone who was able to give them a taste of happiness and hope.

 

// 2 YEARS LATER //

 

As the breeze travels across the waters, it cools down to the perfect temperature by the time it reaches Baekhyun and Hera. Sitting on the edge of a walkway with her toes dipped into the turquoise Bali waters, Hera is all smiles as she wipes away all of Baekhyun’s hair from his forehead who is comfortably resting his head in her lap. She suddenly chuckles and it causes him to opens his eyelids to look up at her.

“What?” he whines cutely, worried that she’s done something funny to him.

She shakes her head gently. “I just remembered something from a long time ago. Remember that voicemail you left me when I left for London? You wouldn’t let me listen to it until I remembered.”

A shy smile grows on Baekhyun’s face and his ears begin to burn from embarrassment. “I was really dramatic then.”

“You still are!” Hera laughs. “I think I still re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter