.14.

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun was so shocked to see his room so messy. The drawers were all opened, and his closet was not closed. The person slumped in front of it seem to be oblivious about his surroundings. Baekhyun didn’t even realized he had open the door. The latter was too busy crying, and when Sehun saw what caused Baekhyun to cry, his eyes widened. Sehun was here. After a long time of missing him, of yearning for his touch and missing his voice and laugh and smile and everything that is Sehun, he was here. Oh Sehun in the flesh. Unconsciously Baekhyun smiled at the other, but the smile was wiped off when he heard Sehun’s dark tone asking him,

                “What do you think you are doing, Byun Baekhyun?”

                Baekhyun looked equally shocked when he turned his head towards where Sehun was standing. The gaze Sehun sent him was so hostile and cold.

                “Se—Sehun?”

                “What are you doing with my stuff??” Sehun approached the crying man and grabbed Baekhyun’s arm so the other would stand up. “What do you think you are doing with it?? Who even gave you the permission to be here??”

                “Sehun.. hurts..” Baekhyun tried to pull away from Sehun’s hold, but it was too strong. Sehun didn’t seem to realize he was hurting the other man. He took Baekhyun to the other side of the room, taking Baekhyun away from his precious box.

                “Did you read all of this??” Sehun finally let go of Baekhyun and he kneeled before the box. He picked all the letters, putting it back to the box in such a careful way as if it was something so precious.

                “I’m sorry Sehun. I..” Baekhyun was still sobbing hard. “Why didn’t you tell me, Sehun-ah? You’re.. you’re my Pokey? You’ve been writing those letters all this time?”

                “No, no,” Sehun shook his head.  “You weren’t supposed to know. This wasn’t supposed to happen,” Sehun put the box back inside, between the stacks of his shoes collection.

                “Why didn’t you tell me?” Baekhyun stood up to approach the younger man. “Why didn—oh my God, that night,” just then, Baekhyun realized. “That night our family met, I told you about Pokey. Did you knew then? Or did you knew long before that? Was that why you ran away?”

                Sehun shook his head again at the memory of that night. The pain, the heartbreak, it all came back. 3 months away from Baekhyun didn’t help him forget them even a bit. “Baekhyun, we should just—“

                “Is that why you ran away, Sehunnie? Oh my God, is that why you stood me up at Insadong?” Baekhyun almost yelled. Realizing his voice, Baekhyun then whispered, “Is that why you refused to see me? As Pokey? Was it fun, Sehunnie? Watching me crying for Pokey in the middle of the road like a lunatic?” Baekhyun’s tears were flooding harder. Sehun’s chest hurts at the sight, but he couldn’t say anything in return, It wasn’t even his fault. It was just fate’s cruel game. “You’re just gonna stand there and say nothing, huh??”

 

.              Sehun was about to answer him, when a female voice interrupted them.

                “Baekhyunie? Sehun? What’s wrong?”

                Sehun froze. He totally forgot about Dara. He was talking with Dara in her room when he his mother came and told him that Baekhyun was just resting in his old room. Worried that Baekhyun will find his precious treasure, Sehun left Dara’s room and bolted to his own room, only to find his worst expectation coming true. He didn’t stopped to care if anyone was following him. If Dara was following him. Was she there from the beginning? Did she hear anything? The man shifted his gaze from the floor and saw her sister standing just outside his room, already wearing her wedding dress. She looked so pretty, Sehun just couldn’t break her heart. He tried to compose himself and smiled at her. “Nothing, Noona. There’s nothing wrong, I was just—“

                “Then why is Baekhyun crying?”

                Sehun slapped himself mentally. Yes. Baekhyun. Crying. How could he forget that they were all in the same room? Sehun dropped his head in defeat and chuckled. Isn’t this just the perfect ending? Baekhyun knowing he was the pen-pal he fell in love with, on the day of his marriage, and also the way he knew, by finding Sehun’s treasure box about Puppy. Isn’t it the best drama ever?

                “Why didn’t you tell me, Hunnie?” Baekhyun didn’t seem to care about Dara. He didn’t seem to care about anyone except Sehun. Even though Dara and some of the family members were already gathered to watch the commotion, Baekhyun’s attention was focused on the person he had missed like crazy. “Do you know how bad I felt when you left me? I thought… that night, I thought of what I said wrong. Were you scared of me because I fell in love so easily with someone I haven’t met before? Did you thought I was a freak? All kinds of things came to my mind, I tried so hard to figure out why. Why did you left? Why did you disappeared without telling me?” Baekhyun sobs was becoming harder. The petite man hugged himself in order to contain his shaking body.

 Dara just couldn’t grasp what was happening. She looked back and forth at her brother and Baekhyun. “I couldn’t believe you stood up on me! You could’ve come as Sehun! I would’ve understand! But you selfish bastard, you saw me making a fool out of myself that day! Waiting for you for 3 damn hours, just to be stood up by a single phone call! A phone call!! Was it fun? Was it, you in’ selfish bastard???”

                Sehun kept his head down. He was afraid that if he saw Baekhyun, he would break down just like the older man did.  It hurts him to hear the pained tone in Baekhyun’s voice. It hurts to see Baekhyun sobbing hard until small hiccups came out of him. The small man was crying and shaking, not caring about his freshly trimmed buttoned shirt. This was supposed to be a happy day for his sister and Baekhyun, and he just ruined it. He shouldn’t have come home. He should’ve just—

                “Sehun-ah?” Dara’s voice was heard once again. She sounded so worried. “What is going on? Why is he calling you Pokey? Who is Pokey?”

                Sehun knew Dara was worried. He really wished she wasn’t there to witness this, to witness the revealing of his alias as Pokey. He wished she wasn’t there to see that her brother had fell in love with the man she was supposed to marry in less than 3 hours.

                “Noona,” Sehun finally dared himself to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter