Final

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life

 

Forever~ we are young,

Under the flower petals raining down,

I run, so lost in this maze,

Forever~ we are young,

Even when I fall and hurt myself,

I keep running towards my dream.

 

Gay marriage has been an unofficial act for many years.

 

Forever, ever, ever, ever,

Hopes, dreams, forward, forward,

Forever, ever, ever, we are young,

Forever, ever, ever, ever,

Hopes, dreams, forward, forward,

Forever, ever, ever we are young.

 

The LGBT community has been fighting a long hard battle against homophobia for too long.

 

Forever~ we are young,

Under the flower petals raining down,

I run, so lost in this maze,

Forever~ we are young,

Even when I fall and hurt myself,

I keep running towards my dream.

 

I am so very proud to announce,

 

Forever~ we are young,

Under the flower petals raining down,

I run, so lost in this maze,

Forever~ we are young,

Even when I fall and hurt myself,

I keep running towards my dream.

 

That by law, Gay marriage is now legal in South Korea.

 

The song came to a close and the entire crowd was screaming at the top of their lungs, waving around their light wands. It had been another successful performance by BTS. The boys were sweating and breathing heavy, as per usual, but smiles graced their faces. This time, it was not because their manager demanded them to smile for the fans, it was because they all actually felt genuinely happy, especially one certain alien. Taehyung had heard the news that morning and it was ringing through his head like a beautiful melody, over and over:

 

I am proud to announce, that BY LAW, Gay marriage is now legal in South Korea.

 

He had felt such overwhelming happiness that he began to cry. His boyfriend had freaked out and enveloped Taehyung in a warm embrace, asking him what was wrong. He had managed choke out,

 

“We’re free. We’re finally free.”

 

He suddenly felt strong arms slip around his waist and a chin rest on his shoulder. Turning his head slightly, he saw Hoseok looking him in the eyes lovingly. He was smiling so soft but so genuine that Taehyung wanted to kiss him, right there, on stage, in front of thousands upon thousands of fans. He smiled warmly at his boyfriend when the older let go. The other members were shuffling around until they formed a half circle. Taehyung was kinda confused.

 

“This isn’t the set-up for our exit, what’s going on?” He thought to himself. Hoseok reached out and grabbed his hand. He rubbed circles on the back of Taehung’s hand and smiled at him. He then let go and stepped backwards. The once screaming fans went almost completely silent. Taehyung then went from confused to terrified. “Something is not right! What’s happening?”

 

“Ready?” Namjoon asked, the question directed to Hoseok.

 

“Ready.” He responded. Namjoon began to speak.

 

“We just want to thank everyone for coming to our concert tonight! It’s been incredibly fun but of course, all great things have to end. So we end tonight on something that has been specially requested by our very own J-Hope. Hoseok?”

 

“Thank you Namjoon.” Hoseok spoke. Taehyung felt a surge of warmth and comfort when he heard his boyfriend’s voice. It was the voice that sometimes hummed him to sleep. The voice that made him laugh and the voice that made him cry. It was the voice that belonged to the one person that meant everything to Taehyung. It was Hoseok’s voice.

“Taehyung.” he spoke into the microphone, gazing straight at the younger with sparkling eyes. Taehyung gazed back at him.

 

“Yes?” he asked. Hoseok beamed brightly and got down on one knee. Taehyung involuntarily gasped and covered his mouth. Hoseok reached into his pocket and pulled out the most beautiful looking ring he had ever seen. With the thin gold band and the small glistening diamond, he recognized it as Hoseok’s grandmother’s ring.

 

“Hyung it’s so beautiful!” Taehyung gasped as he opened the box. He was helping Hoseok and his mother clean out their attic when he came across the beautiful piece of jewelry. Hoseok crawled over to Taehyung and smiled.

 

“That was my grandmother’s ring. Do you like it?”

 

“Well of course! It’s so simple but beautiful, not like those crazy ones they sell in jewelry stores.” he rambled while scrunching his nose. Hoseok laughed at the expression and Taehyung looked up into his eyes. He smiled back.

 

“It’s very special Taehyung. My mother once told me when I find the right person, I can give it to them as a proposal.” Taehyung grinned his boxy grin. He handed the box to Hoseok.

 

“Take good care of it then. That day will be the most important day you know.” Hoseok wrapped an arm around Taehyung’s shoulder and pulled him in for a one sided hug. The younger rested his head on his shoulder.

 

“It most definitely will.”

 

“Taehyung,” Hoseok spoke softly into the microphone, quieting down any more mummering fans. “I’ve known you for almost a decade now and we’ve been together for at least half that time. You’ve been there for me and put up with me for so many years. You didn’t have to suffer all the hard times I had as an individual but you did. You suffered though your problems and my problems too. I could never ask for anyone more caring and funny and cute as you Tae. You once said to me that the day I give this ring to someone will be my most important day, and it took me long enough to decide that I wanted to share that important day with you. I want to spend everyday waking up to you and hearing your voice and hugging you and kissing you. I want to take care of our children and grow old with you. So, will you do the honor of completing my entire existence? Kim Taehyung, will you marry me?”  Taehyung felt a few tear slip from his eyes. When he tried to speak, he couldn’t keep himself from bursting into tears and shaking. Covering his mouth, nodding violently.

 

“Yes, yes i’ll marry you.” he croaked. The crowd began to grow louder with cheers. Hoseok got up and stepped forward, slipping the beautiful ring on Taehyung’s finger. The crowd’s cheers became even louder as the couple enveloped each other in a warm embrace. Taehyung pulled back and cupped Hoseok’s cheeks pulling him into a long kiss. The whole building shook from the cheers of the fans and the other members. There was an overwhelming feeling of joy and happiness in Taehyung’s heart as he deepened the kiss. Hoseok the pulled away, placing one more peck on his lips. Their foreheads rested together and they smiled widely at each other. Hoseok reached up the wipe Taehyung’s tears of joy and then pulled him into a hug. He picked Taehyung up off the ground and spun him around in circles. The younger giggled furiously and tightened his grip around Hoseok’s neck. The older set Taehyung back on his feet and buried his face in Tae’s shoulder as he calmed down.

 

“I love you so much.” He said, soft enough for only Taehyung to hear. The boy smiled softly.

 

“I love you too.”

 

The crowd and the other boys were cheering CONGRATULATIONS in unison as the two boys laced their hands together, waving at the crowd. They all bowed out and went backstage, preparing to go home.

 

~*~

 

During the drive back, everyone fell asleep except for Hoseok. He glanced around the car. First at Jimin, who was snuggled up to Yoongi, their fingers laced and Jimin’s head resting on Yoongi’s shoulder. The mint haired boy had placed a kiss in his hair before falling asleep with his head rested against Jimin’s. Everyone knew that Yoongi had a hard time expressing his feelings towards the dancer but he tried his hardest and Jimin knew that even though he was stone faced most of the time, he loved Jimin with all his heart and Jimin loved him dearly too.

 

He then looked over at Namjoon, who had his arm around Seokjin’s shoulder. He had a protective hold on the oldest member, even in his sleep, making sure that no one would hurt his precious boyfriend. Seokjin had his fingers wrapped delicately around the base of Namjoon’s neck. Even though he was the oldest and had the most responsibility, he was still vulnerable. So in his sleep he felt safe, for he clung to the only person he trusted to protect him, Namjoon.

 

Hoseok then looked at Jungkook, who was spread out across the seat and smiling like an idiot. If Hoseok new better, he was probably having a dream about world domination or something.

 

Finally, his eyes rested on his Fiancé, sleeping peacefully by his side. His brown hair hung above his eyes and his cheek was pressed into Hoseok’s shoulder. The ring glistened from his finger and Hoseok thought he he was the luckiest man on earth to be engaged to the person he cared about the most.

 

“Baby~” Taehyung whispered, eyes still closed. “Why are you still awake?” Hoseok smiled warmly down at Taehyung, whose shimmering brown eyes were now looking up at him.

 

“I’m just so happy, I couldn’t sleep. I had to make sure that you wouldn’t disappear or get hurt.”

 

“Hoseok I would never voluntarily leave your side, ever.” Taehyung reassured. “Thank you for watching over me, but you need rest. I want my Fiancé to stay healthy~” Hoseok beamed down at Taehyung. He leaned down and connected their lips in a searing kiss. The kiss was slow, and meaningful. He pulled back and Taehyung ran his thumb along Hoseok’s cheekbone.

 

“I love you now, and I will love you forever. Don’t forget that.”

 

“Tae you are so stunning. I’m so lucky to have you. I love you too, so damn much it hurts.” Taehyung let his hand slide down to Hoseok’s chest, rubbing comforting circles over his heart.

 

“Go to sleep love. Everything will be okay.” He leaned up to peck Hoseok’s lips once more before cuddling into the older’s side, slowly drifting off to sleep. Hoseok wrapped his arms around Taehyung’s waist and buried his nose in the boy’s soft brown locks.


That moment, those kisses, the promises made, may have not happened in the perfect place, or by the perfect people, but it was made by the love that was kindled in an imperfect world by an imperfect couple. It was enough to reassure Hoseok that the decision he made was the right decision, for his happiness and for Taehyung’s. As he fell asleep, arms protecting the most precious person in his life, he made the realization that this time, this moment, was the most beautiful moment in life.

 

A/N: Thank you so much for reading my story!!! Thank you again to Sugainfires10 for coming up with the idea!!! Have a wonderful day~!! Until next time!! Byee~