019. Do Better

Iridescent Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ 019. }
Do Better

- Narrator's P.O.V -

It was a day before the photoshoot competiton and SinB was at Sojung and Mingyu's house. SinB was practicing how to catwalk on her own and with Mingyu.

Both Sojung and Mingyu could feel how awkward SinB was even though her catwalk was quite decent.

As soon as she was done, SinB yelled out, "Ahhhhh! I really can't do this!" ruffling her hair and pouted. SinB never felt so pressurised over a photoshoot before. It was driving her crazy.

"The photoshoot is tomorrow and here I am still walking like an ugly duckling." SinB said, her voice clearly showing her nervousness and disappointment in herself.

Sojung massaged SinB's shoulders and spoke to her. "Hwang Eun ah, have some faith in yourself. You won't give up until the very last moment!" Sojung said encouragingly, making SinB feel slightly better.

Sojung, since the beginning, always knew how SinB worried quite a bit when she had to perfrom, despite being really good at what she does. She always wished SinB would be more confident. Sojung had hoped that SinB would be more confident, especially with the photoshoot competition.

"Thank you, unnie!" SinB said and hugged her leader. SinB was always so grateful for her. SinB excused herself to use the toilet, leaving Mingyu and Sojung in the living room.

"SinB needs encouragement, especially when she is doing things not related to dance. I know you know that SinB is a really talented girl." Sojung said and Mingyu nodded.

"I don't have to tell you what to do right?" Sojung said and Mingyu nodded with a smile. "That's my little brother!" Sojung said and Mingyu rolled his eyes at the label she used on him.

"Don't need to worry, she'll perform well, like she always does." Mingyu said to Sojung, who only smiled. "She never disappoints even though she whines, makes ugly faces and behaves weirdly." Mingyu said and Sojung laughed.

Sojung looked at the time and quickly turned to Mingyu. "Mingyu, continue practicing with SinB. I'll go get Minjung from the day care and get ingredients for dinner. Ask SinB to stay for dinner as well!" Sojung said as she took her wallet and phone before leaving for the day care.

Mingyu nodded and sat on one of the bean bags in the living room as he waited for SinB to be done.

SinB came out of the toilet and saw Mingyu alone. "Oh, where did Sojung go?" SinB said as walked to Mingyu.

"She went to pick Minjung. Do you have dinner plans?" Mingyu asked and SinB immediately shook his head and for some reason, Mingyu was slightly pleased that she could stay for dinner.

"You should stay for dinner! Sojung's cooking." Mingyu said. "Alright!" SinB didn't hesitate and she herself wondered why.

"We should practice some more." SinB said and Mingyu stood up immediately.

After a few more practices, they decided to rest and they started talking.

"You seem more comfortable with me now as compared to the first time we did a photoshoot." Mingyu said and SinB laughed. "Of course! We did a 'bed scene' together!" SinB said and Mingyu laughed out loud.

"You seem more comfortable with me too!" SinB said and Mingyu went, "Of course!", just like SinB.

"We went through a lot, it's hard not to be comfortable." Mingyu reasoned and SinB nodded. "Who knows, we might get even more comfortable tomorrow." Mingyu continued.

'Or closer.' SinB thought as she chuckled at Mingyu's statement.

"I hope we do well tomorrow. It's gonna be so much more difficult." SinB said and Mingyu sat beside her. Mingyu didn't think much and patted her shoulders.

"It will be but we become better each time! We're going to own it again!" Mingyu said as SinB felt his hands on her shoulder.

"Thank you, Mingyu." SinB said and Mingyu looked at her with adoration. SinB felt butterflies in her stomach as she saw Mingyu's gaze on her. 'What is this feeling? Why is my heart beating so fast? I don't get it.' SinB thought as soon as Mingyu used his phone. She became lost in her thoughts.

"If looking at you could kill, I would have been dead by now."

Mingyu looked at her. SinB froze. "Did I just say that?" SinB said, realising that she made her thoughts audible. SinB covered and peeped at Mingyu who was still looking shocked. Mingyu recalled the time he did what SinB did.

The silence was becoming weird and SinB did what came to her mind.

"You know you are good-looking! Why are you so shocked by me saying that?" SinB said and laughed. SinB cringed at her attempt of trying to revive the atmosphere.

"Hwang Eunbi, you are so weird sometimes." Mingyu said and laughed.

Normally, SinB would have accepted that with a laugh because she herself established that. But for some reason, today, she felt compelled to question Mingyu, whether he really thought of her that way. SinB was taken aback when she spoke.

"Do you mean it? Is that good?" SinB asked and Mingyu looked at her, also a bit taken aback by her question. Mingyu glanced at SinB, who was hitting herself for asking such a question.

"Why not? It means you are unique." Mingyu said as he felt SinB's eyes on him. From the corner of his eye, he could see SinB lighten up. "I like it." Mingyu said and this time, he was intentionally letting her hear that. SinB's lips curled up and he mirrored her move.

'You are so cute, Hwang Eunbi. You have no idea how ideal you are to me.' Mingyu thought as he and SinB started talking about other random things.

SinB stayed for dinner and she enjoyed the meal with the Kim siblings. As SinB was about to leave alone, Mingyu decided to send her home but she didn't want to trouble him.

"Nope, SinB, you are not going to reject him. Mingyu is following you. I also insist." Sojung said with her hands on her hips. SinB couldn't do anything.

Mingyu opened the door for SinB and when Mingyu was about to close the door, he caught Sojung's wink and a 'Fighting'. He wondered what his sister was thinking.

'I think these two don't realise they are starting to like each other themselves.' Sojung thought sweetly as she saw them making small talk and laughing from the window by the living room.

----------

The next day, Seokmin and Yuna were walking in to class after a break and when they entered the classroom, their eyes became fixated on two people.

Seokmin and Yuna blinked as the saw the sight in front of them. Seokmin and Yuna exchanged confused looks as they walked to the two people.

"Jaehyun seems to be attracted by Chaeyeon." Yuna said softly and Seokmin nodded immediately. "It seems so sudden." Seokmin said and Yuna nodded back.

"But you have to admit, those two would make quite a power visual couple." Yuna said and Seokmin laughed. "We could be one too." Seokmin said and Yuna rolled her eyes jokingly. They approached Jaehyun as Chaeyeon went to do something.

"Hitting on her so quickly already, Jaehyun?" Seokmin asked and Jaehyun replied, "Hitting on her? You think too much. Truthfully it's the first time I'm noticing her." Jaehyun casually said.

"It has been more than a semester already!" Yuna said and Jaehyun had a sheepish look.

"You need to wake up and stop sleeping." Seokmin said and whacked Jaehyun's head. Jaehyun rubbed the spot Seokmin whacked.

"Piece of advice," Yuna said and she caught Jaehyun's attention.

"If you want to pursue Chaeyeon, be quick because she has a long list of people who are interested in her." Yuna said and used her arms to emphasize 'long'. Seokmin saw the tinge of worry in Jaehyun's eyes and Seokmin was amused.

"You two think too much." Jaehyun said before returning to his seat. Yuna and Seokmin exchanged high fives befor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter