Drop the Bomb

Ready To Fall

"Come on, neon is mwondeul!" Sparks erupted around the stage and the crowd went wild. It was yet another vocal slaying performance from Mamamoo of their first Number 1 single, You're the Best.

After holding the pose for the necessary duration, they straightened themselves and thanked the crowd for being kind to them. After bowing, it was seen that Hwasa made an exit to the left of the stage. Solar gave a subtle signal to the right of the stage where the other two members were before following Hwasa's exit. Whee In grinned as she adjusted her earpiece and gave Moonbyul's arm a reassuring squeeze to which Moonbyul kindly smiled at. After Whee In released Moonbyul's arm, she walked across the stage bowing and waving at the crowd before her as she made her temporary exit. Moonbyul turned around to compose herself and steadied her breathing before turning back to face the crowd. 

"Everyone" She said calmly followed by a grin that could save mankind "SORI JILLEO!"

The crowd went wild again. Moonbyul scanned her eyes slowly across the sea of MooMoos - trying her best to capture the moment she was experiencing in her mind for a rainy day. Moonbyul's eyes were filled with pleasure and gratitude as she saw thousands of their radish lightsticks lighting up the stadium. These were the people who she claims she owed her life to, the very people who- if she was going to a rough time- got her through. The very people the world knows as MooMoos. She took a deep breath and brought the mic back up to . The crowd instantly quieted down to hear what she had to say. 

"Nae. Kamsahamnida!" She bowed. "Thank you for coming to Mamamoo's concert. It has been about 3 years since we had our first concert. It is truly an honour to share this moment with all of you for we would be nothing without you. Kamsahamnida!" She thanked as she bowed again. The crowd applauded her kind words and shouted their gratitude back. Moonbyul's heart melted right there and then. She took a deep and brought the mic back up.

"You all might be wondering why my groupmates have left me on my own." She started and gained some laughs from the audience, "I requested to have a moment between me and MooMoos for this concert to not only express my gratitude for our fans but to also talk to the friends who have built me up from nothing to what I am today. Because that's who you all are- you will never be just a random fan in the crowd, each and everyone of you are my friends if you would have me." She said as she bowed again. Giving the crowd sometime to go crazy. She looked to the right of the stage, searching for the stage director. When she saw him, he gave her an ok signal. She took a few steps back and waited as a camera lowered down on her. 

"Cha, we would be joined by our friends via Vapp." She announced as the large screen behind her showed her in V-app view- within seconds the number of viewers tuning in hit pass 100000. MooMoos in the stadium went wild at the unexpected stream- the thoughtfulness of Mamamoo never cease to amaze them and make them proud.

"Anneyonghaseyo, I'm Mamamoo's Moonbyul- nice to meet you!" She greeted looking directly into the camera for he Vapp streaming. "I'm coming to you live from Mamamoo's concert. I am currently on the stage alone to share something with MooMoos- I wanted everyone to be a part of this even if you couldn't make it to today's concert."

"Everyone.." she started. Everyone could see it now, the way her hands lightly shook and how clear it was that she was trying to form her sentences in the best way- this wasn't easy for her. As she hessitated, MooMoos shouted words of encouragement and support to her. 

"Unnie kwenchana!"

"Fighting!"

Even the comments in the V streaming were full of them.

"Nae. Kamsahamnida." Moonbyul said as she smiled to the crowd. "I'll try not to waste time anymore." 

"You all know better than anyone else that Mamamoo's personal life is virtually non-existing right?" She started and chuckled along with the crowd. "Nae. Many years ago, we put everything on hold to pursue our dreams and to make it where we aimmed to be. We wanted to ensure we gave it our all and we did."

"Being here, on stage, with the lights shining like diamonds and you all in the crowd this- this is my dream. And thanks to you, each and everyone of you, I am able to live it. Kamsahamnida." She started again, her eyes now begun to have worry in them. "However, I have other dreams as well. One of which is.. to fall in love." The crowd let out a wave of 'awwwww!'s and cheers for the rapper before allowing her to continue.

"I've never gotten the chance to do so -not due to me being busy with Mamamoo's schedule or I could go on dates because I had to work or anything of the sort." She explained. "It was because there wasn't an option to choose from- contrary to beliefes, it's not easy to get a date with this job. I must've missed the fineprint when I signed up for this." She chuckled gaining other chuckles from the audience too. "However, there is this one guy.." she trailed as she looked nervously to the audience who were now already catching on-

Some cheered and squeled while some were teasing the rapper for being so coy and shy - some were even shouting 'who?!'. The Vapp comments on the other hand kept showing OMGs all the way down. She brought the mic back up and swears that the stadium was almost almost dead silent as she did.

"We've been friends for a long time now and somewhere along the way- we fell for each other." The crowds erupted with 'OMG's and cheers and whistles before she spoke up again. "He recently asked me if we could date properly from now on." She said shyly. MooMoos hearts burst at the adorability this girl showed. From being the cool rapper of Mamamoo, she turned into a shy school girl. They were getting excited seeing Moonbyul talk openly about this. "I haven't given him an answer yet." 

The crowd erupted with 'WHAT?!'s, 'BOOOO!'s and 'HOW COULD YOU?'s. Moonbyul was taken aback at the sudden rise in volume of sound and looked towards the crowd. She didn't really catch their reactions- were they mad that she even considered or..? She decided to answer their questions.

"I don't know what to say.." she confessed honestly. She then turned to the crowd to see their reactions. She could hear voguely what they were saying;

"What's wrong with you?! SAY YES!" 

"YES YES YESSSSSS!" 

"Unnieeee, say yes!"

"Which brings us to today.." she spoke again. This time she let her eyes sweep the entire stadium again to get a good glimpse of their reactions. On the Vapp streaming, comments were going crazy in positive light. 

'I thought she was going to announce she was dating not ask us if she could. Of course you can!!!'

'Is she asking us for permission to date?'

'Moonbyul stay strong! We're here for you.'

'She's so considerate and so sweet.'

'No one better be against her happiness.'

'You deserve this!'

"Nae, I have spoken to my members, to our managers and CEOs of RBW and also my family." She took a deep breath again and continued, "It'll only be fitting if I asked you-the biggest reason I am where I am today." She took a shaky breath, "So, uri MooMoo, I would like to ask for your blessings and kind prayers for me to pursue a relationship." 

The crowd went wild and cheered for the rapper, singer, dancer in front of them. They realised then how hard it must have been for her to ask such a big question, how many nights must she have lost sleep going over her speech and how many times had she rewrote it, how much worry and stress must she have been under with the aim going through with this, how many times had she sighed and planned on giving it up- her dream of falling in love..?

How long had she delayed her happiness..?

The crowd clapped and cheered- getting on their feet after her speech was finished. She took in the sight before her and started tearing up. She out her head down to dry her moist eyes and compose herself. She lifted her head back up and officially lost it. 

In brilliant MooMoo spirit, teamwork and fashion, MooMoos lifted up their signature "Never Letting Go" sign.

"MOON BYUL YI! MOON BYUL YI! MOON BYUL YI!" The crowd chanted. Even the V app comments were full of it. Moonbyul didn't how long they chanted her name for since she turned into an emotional wreck, trying to hold herself together. The crowd then cheered even louder after chanting. Moonbyul then felt a presence next to her as a hand decended upon her shoulders. She looked up and met the eyes of her groupmates, who rejoined her on stage. 

Whee In gave Moonbyul's shoulder a squeeze, Hwasa patted her lightly on her cheek as Solar gave her side hug before standing in their Mamamoo formation. Solar then took the floor. 

"Nae." She started as looked around the stadium. "This was something we thought long and hard about. At first, we were torn about publicly announcing it but as time went on, Byul was determined to share this with all of you." She said kindly to the crowd while patting Moonbyul's back lightly to calm her. 

"Everyone," Whee In took the floor, "everything that has to be said has been said but I just want to take a moment to thank you from the bottom of my heart for supporting Byulie unnie's decision. It wasn't an easy one to make. We'll be forever grateful to all of you. Kamsahamnida." Whee In gave the crowd a deep bow as they cheered and clapped- still on their feet. 

"Also.." Hwasa started as she held back her tears. It was a moving moment for all of them. They realised how much they could rely on their fans- these angels in front of them. "Thank you for being the greatest fans and friends to us to a point where Byulie unnie respects and put high importance on receiving your blessings. Kamsahamnida!" Then, Hwasa bowed down as deep as Whee In did before. 

"Uri MooMoo, this is just another chapter of my life that I would like to share with you. In everything I do- may it be falling in love, writing songs, going on tours, travelling, sub units.. everything." Moonbyul said as she composed herself. "I wish for you to be there. Thank you for never letting go. Kamsahamnida."

This time, all 4 of them gave a deep bow to the audience and to the cameras for those on Vapp. It was only fitting that they ended the night with 'Never Letting Go' as a tribute to their angels. The Vapp streamed until the song ended, giving all MooMoos a memory they'll cherish and remember for a long, long time. Once they got off the stage, the 4 girls took a moment together in a group hug. This was a new chapter they're experiencing together.