Chapter 3: She's Back

I Do(Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Okay here comes the cliche plot. Honestly, this story wasn't supposed to be a fan fiction. The name of the characters here were all different. But I want to write something to release all my shipper feels. It was hard to think of a story, so I used this and changed the names of the characters. You might be confused and you might think that the story is getting a little bit over acting. Just to let you know, this is inspired by the movie, The Princess Diary. After watching that movie for the nth time, this plot suddenly popped in my mind. I would be posting the next chapter in a few days to explain some confusing parts here.

             Park Chorong was actually enjoying how her grandson was trying and failing to hide his shocked expression on his face. Clearly, she wasn’t the first person he would expect to see when he opened thier door that day.

            “Oh, good day, my dear. It’s been long, did you miss your grandmother?”

            She knew missing her was the last feeling of her grandson for her. She was being sarcastic. And she was in the mood to .

            He put on his hostile face and bowed to her. “Welcome back, Queen Chorong.”

            “Oh, you don’t have to be ‘that’ formal. Besides we’re not in Bigeon.”

            He was on the act of going on his knees as a sign of respect to a queen when she interrupted him. In contrast to what a lot of people would think, she didn't like how her own family treated her as a queen. Yes, she was a queen. She was a ruler. And she needed to be respected. But the way her own family respected her made her feel like an outsider. Especially Hoya.

           She could remember when he was younger, he used to adore her. He might be quiet for most of the times but he was a breath of fresh air in the family, amidst the formality. He was the neutralizer between being royal and simple.

           But he suddenly changed. And it was her fault. So she had to deal with the consequences of her decision.

           Hoya stood uptight. She went inside their humble house, her butler, Dong Woo, follwing her.

          "Your---Mother. You should have told us about your arrival earlier so we could have fetch you."

          She looked at her daughter and she instantly corrected herself. Her husband who was standing beside her, bowed to her as he greeted her.

          "Didn't I tell you I will be coming soon? So you should have expected me to arrive anytime. Besides, I want to surprise my grandson."

           Hoya had a hard look on his face when she looked at him. She could tell he was trying to restrain himself from glaring---and cursing at her. She was actually breathing his resentment for her.

          Well, he had good reasons. She was guilty of contolling his life, like what she did with his parents, and like what happened with her.

          She should feel guilty. She did, in the deepest part of her heart. But this was her family's fate. So she trained herself not to be affected by guilt. And not to be affected with all the negative feelings her family, especially her grandson, felt for her.

         She went behind the small table. Dong Woo placed a cushion pillow on the floor and she knelt on it.

         She called her daughter. "Prepare some tea, my dear. And coffee, as well. Put ice in it. She would love it."

         She met her grandson's burning stare, determined to show him that she would be the winner with whatever battle he thought they had.

         She smiled at him, a smile of a mischievious winner. "Prepare yourselves. The Kim family will come over."

        As she watched his life being shattered in his eyes, she knew she had won.

 

        The humble abode of the Lee family was engulfed with tensed silence. If it wasn't rude, and if it wouldn't make them mad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter