Lies

Things I Write When I Have Writer's Block
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

prompt #31--- "You lied to me."

                Daesung looked at his hyung and held back the urge to scream out in anger and rage. Looking at Youngbae, whose head was hung so low it was close to dragging on the ground, did not make him feel any better. Dae had never felt so let down and disappointed.  “You told me that your family knew about us, Hyung.  You told me that they were ok with us,” he said, trying to hold back hurt, angry tears.  “Why didn’t you just tell me that they didn’t know?”

                “I tried to tell them, to tell my mother.  So many times I started to, but couldn’t.  I… I was afraid,” whispered Bae.  He wiped at his face but didn’t look up.  Tears were streaming from his eyes, and he felt horribly ashamed.  He didn’t want his beautiful angel to see the tears that he didn’t even feel he had a right to shed.  Youngbae started up again, looking up at Daesung this time as he spoke.  “I was scared that she would hate me.  And worse that she would hate you, and I couldn’t bear that thought.  I know it wasn’t right and I should have told you the truth, but at the same time I wanted to tell my mother and my family as well.”

                Bae reached out to wipe the tear running down his love’s cheek but pulled his hand back when Dae flinched away from him.  “I was scared of losing you, scared that you would say no to my proposal if you knew that my family still didn’t know.”  He hung his head again, shame overwhelming him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter