The Way

The Way


"Yul, do you have answers on our homework?" Yoona asked, walking next to me to school.
"Hm... Do we have homework?"
"Yah, we always have the same class! You should know it too!"
"Aish, there's a lot on my mind now Yoon.."
"Yul, maybe you should unwind... I'm kinda worried about you."
I blushed at what she said.
Well it's been a long time since I met the beautiful goddess walking next to me. It was so... Unexpected.

Flashback...
Two Years ago... First Year of Middle school.

"Hello Ma'am, may I take your order?"
"Um.. Yeah can I have one non fat, Java chip frappe, with extra dark chocolate syrup, two shot of espresso, and rainbow sprinkles."
"Okay Ma'am can I have your name?"
"It's Yul."
Okay, I'm having my custom frappe with two shots of espresso because 1.) I am so tired, I can probably sleep for a week. And 2.) I have some papers due today and a dance class that needs improvement.
And you might think... Who would order a frappe with rainbow sprinkles?
Well, me. And the baristas doesn't seem to mind.
Now, I may be just a middle school student, but being one of the best dancers in my school's dance club made me responsible for my fellow batch mates' dance moves... Luckily I'm not alone though. Hyoyeon, one of my batch mates whose dance moves are incomparable, is gonna help me.
I silently wait for my drink at a couch near the receiving area. I look at the people around me. There aren't many customers today, just a couple, a lone guy researching stuff, a group of girls nearby, and a tired and coffee needing mess which is me.
The group near me were giggling and whispering stuff while looking at me, gosh, I am not like these girls, I swear. Me and my best friend Taeyeon despise these kinds of girls, those cool kids who wanted nothing in their lives.
One of the girls stood up and came up to me and said. "Um.. We, um... We were wondering, if we can take a... A picture with you?"
I widened my eyes. "Um.. A picture?"
"Um.. Yes." The girl says, her face was red. 
I thought to myself... Then I got it. My hair was up in a bun today actually, but it was covered by my hat, which made me look like... A guy.
Gosh, do I honestly look like a guy today? I think I even look like my brother and that was not a good sign.
This isn't the first time a girl mistook me for a guy, I'm mostly boyish so I wear clothes that aren't so feminine, just shirts and pants and hoodies, I even wear sports bras, which made my chest flat. And therefore, girls would come and take pictures with me, since they'd think I must be a trainee or something.
The girls took a picture with me one by one, then before they leave the girl who came up to me gave me a piece of paper with her number and said.
"I know you're not really a guy, but I wanna see you again." Then she left with a wink.
I shuddered. Good lord honestly, this is the reason why I left my past school.
I once studied at an all girls' academy, and yes, this happens a lot. I seem like Go Eun Chan from Coffee Prince. But yeah, it's not really my thing.
I honestly wanted to find someone else, someone... 
Beautiful, charming, sassy, she can be girly but not prissy like the other girly girls, someone humble and has a great personality.
My order was announced and as I came to the receiving area and reached for my drink, another hand grabbed it... And our hands touched.
I looked at the owner of the hand and...
She was... Beautiful, girly... A goddess.
She let go of my hand and I set the drink back on the counter, she smiled and said. "Um.. This is awkward but I think it's my drink."
I frowned, but deep inside I was really attracted to her. "Well, I think, it's my drink."
"Sure thing, my order's different from others, lady."
"Well, mine too, I mean it's not everyday you find a person who orders a non fat Java Chip Frappe with two shots of espresso with extra dark chocolate syrup and rainbow sprinkles."
"Hey, that is my order!"
"Honestly?"
"Yeah.."
Soon the barista called out the same order for someone named "Yoon" she smiled and laughed as she got her drink.
"I'm sorry about that, it's just that, I am so tired these days, people keep on giving me different projects and it's tiring."
"Um.. It's okay, do you want to, perhaps, go and share a seat with me?"
"Why not?" She said.
We sat on my place and we talked.
"So, what made someone like you order a drink with two espresso shots?"
"I'm kinda tired too, I'm part of a dance team and I had to teach my fellow batch mates in my dance class how to dance."
"Woah, that does seem tiring."
"You have no idea, miss."
"Well, acting is hard too. I'm honestly so tired with all the projects they give me, but doing what you love is good for you."
True words.
"So... You're an actress?"
"Not exactly, cameo roles here and there, mostly I would appear for a short time then another project appears. But for now, I have to go on hiatus for a few years since I have to study first."
"Well, good luck to you, schools have a tendency to house people with crappy attitudes."
"Cheers to that."
We drank our coffees... 
Soon we were about to leave, I asked.
"When will I see you again."
She smiled.
"Maybe soon, Yul."


Soon it was the first day of school, I braced myself for the worst...
Having a new seatmate.
Of course, there's Taeyeon, but the teacher is the one who organizes the seats.
Taeyeon was one seat away from me, so I'm doing okay so far.
Our teacher came in and welcomed us all. Then...
"Okay class, we have a new transfer student, be nice to her okay?"
We all replied a yes, then the student came inside, everyone started whispering and giggling and stuff as the new and familiar student came inside.
One look and I knew it was her.
"Good morning everyone, my name is Im Yoona. And I am very pleased to meet you all, please take care of me well." She said, with a graceful bow.
Everyone excitedly greeted her as she was directed by our teacher to sit beside...
Me.
Everyone chattered away as the smiling girl sat beside me.
"Told you, we'd meet again soon." She whispered.
I smiled.
End of flashback.


"Yul-yah..." She called out softly.
"Yes?"
"Look!"
I looked towards where she was pointing and saw Seohyun, her ex, with a guy who looks like...
"Is that Jung Yong Hwa?"
"The guy who works in FNC and is studying too?"
"... Well yeah."
"I didn't know they were together now."
The look in Yoona's eyes were painfully happy.
"Well, they look good together right?"
"Um..."
"Yul, I was over it, years ago. It's for the best."
I nodded as we walked along.
We reached her house, and before she goes inside, I yelled.
"Im Yoona!!"
She looked at me puzzled.
"Remember... I'll always be here, with you."
She smiled and said.
"I know, Yul."
And she went inside. I smiled to myself.
It's a small step, everyday. I know she wasn't ready yet, to open up her heart.
But day by day, I will try, I will always try to open her heart.


"Yoon?"
"I can't take it anymore, day by day, I still remember everything."
"Yoon, you tried... It's normal to be like this."
"But... I feel like I regret all of that."
"Regret?"
She nodded, her dress flowing in the wind, we were at the park, she called me and said that she wanted to meet me.
"I was so selfish, I thought I wanted her... But it was all wrong."
"Huh?"
"Everytime we went out, I'd always talk about you, not her, and she'd just smile. That's why, we agreed to separating because we both believed that our hearts lie somewhere else."
"Well then, where does your heart lie?"
She looked down.
"I don't know."
I went near her, and hugged her.
"Yoon, people say... You're heartless, but they don't know anything... But if you are, you're free to take my heart and make it yours."
She teared up.
"... Yul?"
"Yes?"
"All this time?"
"Yes."
We stayed like this in this moment, I wanted it to last. 
Would it?


"Yul!!!!"
I watched as the goddess, who became mine years ago, ran towards me after she done her role.
"Well done, love." I said, handing her a towel.
"It was amazing! Did you see the..." She went on about her role and her plot line, until I interrupted her.
"Yoon?"
"Yes, Yul?"
"I... I want to talk about something."
"What is it?"
"I don't want you to be my girlfriend anymore."
She stared at me, eyes wide with tears almost streaming out, the room was silent.
"B-but Yul... I love you, Yul."
"I know, that's why..."
I knelt on one knee and took out a beautiful ring from my pocket.
"Yoona, Im Yoona, Yoon... My other half, my goddess, my heart... Do you remember our favorite drink? Where we first met? How we went through everything together?"
She nodded, her tears streaming out of her eyes.
"Well, I wanted us to continue on with our lives... Together, until we both perish... Yoon, will you be with me? Will you be mine forever?"
She smiled and hugged me, and we both toppled over and fell.
"Yes, Yes I do!"
We kissed and suddenly everyone around us clapped and the director shouted. "We got that on tape, congratulations, you two."
We smiled and laughed.
After everything, we both knew...
We will always be together.
So, why do I love her?
Because I love the way she loves me.
And she loves the way I love her.