First kiss

What is love?

// MV FILMING SET //

 

Jieun looked at him stunned. She didn’t know how to respond to his confession.

 

Surely not..” she thought.

 

“I think this is the part where you say yes,” Sungjae prompted her.

“Uh,” was the only sound that came out when she opened .

 

Sungjae pulled away from the hug and starred into her eyes.

 

“If we’re going to persuade the audience that we’re a couple in love, I think we should become a couple first,” he explained.

 

Jieun let out a smile of relief.

 

“Yes, I’ll be your girlfriend,” she replied, “I think we can do this.”

 

The two sat down at the dining table, opposite each other. On the table was one dish of spaghetti and two forks. Jieun look at Sungjae whilst his eyes fixated on the spaghetti. To Jieun, he didn’t look nervous at all. But she guessed that was normal because he’d done this many times. This was Jieun’s first mv filming experience, so she figured being nervous was perfectly normal.

 

“OKAY EVERYONE ON STAND BY!” the director yelled out, “Sungjae and Jieun, ready, action!”

 

Jieun observed Sungjae and followed his every move. When he picked up the fork, she picked up hers. When he spun his fork around in the spaghetti, she did the same. Sungjae caught on and smirked. He put down his fork and crossed his arms, settling back into the chair.

 

“Ya,” he called to her.

 

Just as she look up, Sungjae flicked her on the forehead.

 

“OW!” she exclaimed rubbing her forehead with the palm of her head, “Why did you do that for?”

 

Sungjae shrugged. Annoyed by his explanation, Jieun lifted up her fork as if to threaten him. Still with spaghetti wrapped around the fork, Sungjae laughed and leaned forward taking a mouthful of the spaghetti. All that was left was a cleanly fork. Feeling all her anger reside, Jieun laughed at Sungjae’s mischievous joke. As she laughed, Sungjae twirled his fork with spaghetti and offered it to Jieun. Jieun took a bite of the spaghetti that Sungjae offered.

 

“Oooh! It’s really delicious,” Jieun said.

“Have some more then ~” Sungjae smiled.

 

Jieun nodded excitedly and started twirling her fork in the spaghetti again. Sungjae rested his chin in the palm of his hand with his elbow on the table. He looked at Jieun with longing eyes. Her eyes glistened at the spaghetti in front of her. He thought she might have forgotten that they were still filming the mv. Jieun stopped in the midst of putting another forkful of spaghetti in when she noticed Sungjae staring at her. She raised her eyebrows as if to ask “what?”. Sungjae shook his head slightly and reached up picking a stand of Jieun’s hair and tucking it behind her ear. His hand rested there, just by her chin for a second. In an instant, as if a rope had pulled him towards her, he leant in and planted his lips on hers. Jieun didn’t know how to react to his sudden action. She felt Sungjae’s hands caress her chin and cheek.. She closed her eyes, letting him lead and falling into his trust.

 

“CUT!” the director yelled out, “Good job to the both of you.”

 

As the director yelled cut, Sungjae and Jieun pulled away from the kiss. Jieun couldn’t help but feel herself blush. An awkward atmosphere filled the filming set as they avoided each other’s glances. 

 

Sungjae cleared his throat, “Uhum.. mian..”

“Hm?” Jieun looked up to see Sungjae with his head down, rubbing the back of his neck.

 

Jieun didn’t know what to think.

 

“An apology? For what?” she thought, “For the kiss?”

 

“Why?” Jieun managed to ask in a hushed voice.

“I.. um.. didn’t mean to.. um.. just then..” Sungjae mumbled.

 

Before Jieun could respond, the director came up and praised them.

 

“Good job! Perfect chemistry. I didn’t expect the kiss but it was well played,” he winked at Sungjae.

“Kamsahamnida,” Sungjae said sheepishly as he bowed.

“Take a rest and we will continue to shoot the next scene,” the director instructed before he left.

 

Sungjae began to walk away but Jieun called out to him.

 

“It’s okay. That.. um.. yeah..” she told him.

 

As Sungjae took another step, Jieun rushed to catch up to him. She grabbed his elbow to make sure he wouldn’t take another step.

 

“We still have a lot more scenes to shoot so I think we should forget what happened. Let’s be professional about this,” Jieun held out her hand in reconciliation.

“Okay,” Sungjae gave a simple reply and walked towards the waiting room.

 

 

A/N: Will the filming be able to continue smoothly with an unexpected kiss? x