1st kiss

Kiss Kiss Dynamite

Donghae's POV

 

“Wook, hurry up, we’re going to be late!” I grunted, dragging my best friend so that he can keep up with my pace. And just when I turned back to look at him, I saw him rolling his eyes which I returned back after he opened his mouth.

 

“Oh, come on. It is still so early” He whined as we briskwalked. I’m sorry, my dear Wookie, but time is gold. “Hae, you just want to see your prince charming!”

 

As if casted by a spell, I halted and released a dreamy sigh as soon as the word ‘prince charming’ came out of Ryeowook’s mouth. Yes, yes, he is a prince and a charming one indeed. If not for the sudden pinch that I felt on my side, I would be still daydreaming about the school president. And with an annoyed mumbling, I saw him leaving me behind without glancing back. I shouted and ran after him, trapping him once into a headlock when I caught up with him. I fixed myself when the school gate was within our sight. Eyes roaming the area to look for my most favorite face.

 

“Ah, there he is.” I dreamily told myself, a wide grin forming in my face as we walk closer. Train of thoughts came rushing down my brain as I think of ways on how will I make Choi Siwon, the perfect human being and the love of my life, notice me. A hard bump on my shoulder and I was once again pulled out of my reverie by my grumpy friend. Sometimes, I’m wondering why am I friends with this guy? But I didn't pay it any more attention as we reached the gate and gave the hot shot my most charming smile, the one I know that makes the girls swoon. I nearly sobbed in front of him when he returned me a polite smile. He's so perfect!

 

"Good morning, Pres." Ryeowook, the student council secretary, said; saving me from drowning with my own feelings.

 

"Good morning to you, too, and to your friend." Siwon replied. He greeted me! This is the best morning ever! I squeeled in my mind.

 

 

***

 

 

“Hae! No!” Ryeowook hissed, trying to stop me from approaching my future boyfriend. I sighed as I can clearly see that he has no plan on helping me confess to Siwon. Feeling like I have just lost a battle that was not even starting yet, I slumped back down to my seat and let my head drop onto the table with a loud thud which probably caused the nearby students eating in the cafeteria to turn their heads towards our direction as I can hear my friend grumbling something under his breath that was followed by a kick on my shin.

 

“And why not? I thought you ship us?” I whined, lifting my head and using my irresistible kicked-puppy eyes.

 

“I what? Ship? What does that even mean?” He furrowed his brows, completely ignoring my look, thinking hard on how a ship can relate to our topic.

 

“Ship, you know, something like pairing us up or supporting our love?” I groaned, looking expectantly at him.

 

“Uhm, nope?” He told me like it’s the most obvious thing in the world and that I’m too stupid not to see it. How dare you! I narrowed my eyes at him, not believing him. “And what love are you talking about?” he snickered, patting my head mockingly. I glared at him, playfully, of course.

 

“But you even joined the student council for us!” I argued.

 

“That’s only because you forced me to, Hae.”

 

“Oh, right…” I grinned sheepishly, shrinking unto my seat. “But you know what, I’m still going to confess, with or without your help” I harrumphed but deep inside I’m panicking because in all honesty, I can’t do much without him.

 

“Yeah? And how are you going to do that? He smirked, knowing well that I’m all bark but no bite.

 

“I- uhm...” I looked around in hope to find an answer to his question as I don’t have a plan yet. And it seems like the gods have heard my silent prayer as my eyes landed on a certain someone eating few tables away. Perfect! I mentally cheered. “Just wait and see, alright? I got this.” I said smugly, returning his smirk.

 

“Okay, if you say so.” He said, rolling his eyes. “Just don’t do something stupid.” I nodded, not really listening to whatever he was saying as I was busy brainstorming.

 

I took a glance at the other table again and there I saw the man of my dreams eating with his friends, sometimes laughing so gorgeously at whatever his friends were saying. How does it feel to be friends with such a perfect creature like you? Sighing inaudibly, I looked around their table, my eyes landing once again at the person eating quietly beside him. Lee Hyukjae.

 

Hyukjae is, believe it or not, Siwon’s best friend. On how they’ve become one is a mystery for all as they were like fire and ice, something that can’t go well with each other, where Siwon radiates warmth and Hyukjae screams coldness. The former being the model student while the latter, the delinquent one.

 

Lee Hyukjae, how do I approach you? I gulped because he suddenly looked at me like he just heard me talking to him. Embarrassed about being caught staring, I immediately looked away, my food suddenly much more interesting to look at right now.

 

 

 

***

 

A period after the lunch break, I excused myself out, blaming my stupid bladder for not coordinating well with me when I could have gone to the restroom before the afternoon classes begin. Taking my time walking, I went to the furthest restroom where I know not many students use. I'm not going to skip this class, it's just the teacher's voice is boring and I'm already feeling sleepy that I have to make myself wear the drowsiness off so I won't completely fall asleep when I get back. When I've arrived, I made my way to the furthest urinal and started doing my business. And that’s when I heard hushed voices but when I looked around, I found no one. Great, why did I even think about going here? I tried to finish my business as soon as possible, because I’m starting to get scared as I heard some rustlings nearby, but exactly after I closed my zipper, a cubicle door suddenly burst open. Startled, I took a glance at it just in time to see a girl coming out while fixing her disheveled hair and uniform awkwardly. Not knowing what to do, I stood there dumbfounded for a while until I get my senses back and decided to run away but was stopped when someone spoke.

 

“Get out.” The guy said in a cold tone that made my spine shiver. Thinking he was referring to me, I continued walking to the door but was once again stopped by the deep voice. "Not you, Donghae" I gulped, turning back to him. "Come here."


"Hyukjae" I bit my lips, a habit when I feel nervous. Damn it. I can't afford to be in your bad book, you're the key to my plan. "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. Not the teachers, no, not even the student council president."

 

He snorted and gave me his usual I-don't-give-a-damn look. Leaning to the wall, he fished a box of cigarette out from his pocket and stared at me while lighting his stick. I fidget in my place, uncomfortable at being stared at. He raised his right brow when I cleared my throat.

 

"Why? What do you want from me?" I asked him bravely.

 

"I should be the one asking that, not you"

 

"What do you mean?" I tilted my head slightly to the side in confusion. I heard him sigh.

 

"I saw you looking at me earlier. Spill."

 

I looked at him, thinking hard if this is the right time to tell him. Maybe it's better this way? I gulped, closing my eyes in the process. Okay, here goes nothing!

 

"I like your friend, Choi Siwon, and I want to confess to him. Please help me!" I said quickly, not wasting any breath. I bowed in front of him, begging him to help me. This is embarassing but I got to do this for the sake of my future with Siwon. What caught me off guard though was when he pulled up and kissed my lips. I was rooted in my spot for a few minutes, couldn't do anything, not even push him away which I did when I realize what was happening. I touched my lips and glared at the other boy. "How dare you steal my first kiss away? I reserved that for your friend!

 

He smirked "I was just sealing the deal. You want me to help you, right? Then you have to listen to me and do whatever I tell you."

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I know it's boring and I at writing but please bear with me? Thank you for subscribing and I'm sorry if it didn't meet your expectations... I would appreciate it if you'd leave a comment~