The abduction

Land of sparkles [hiatus]

 

CHAPTER 1

 

Jessica heaves a sigh of relief, as she walkes down the stairs of the apartment building. Tonight was one of those get together nights with the girls. Although it started as a happy reunion, it ended in a total fiasco. It made her sad because they only have these nights once a year and even then, it’s hard to get everybody in Seoul.

 

Jessica met them in college. Taeyeon and Tiffany were her roommates. Yuri and Sooyoung were also roommates, but they lived across the hall. All five had one thing in common. They loved to me make trouble. Especially Yuri and Tiffany didn’t want to leave their childish hearts in high school. They caused a lot of troubles in their dorms and at campus, and it always resulted in Taeyeon having to negotiate with the teachers to have their punishments lessened or to ensure that they wouldn’t be kicked out of the dorms.

 

When all five came together to pull pranks on people, it would always be a topic at the university. Fortunately, unlike Tiffany and Yuri, Jessica and Taeyeon always knew how to cover their tracks up. Four years went by, without anybody expecting them as culprits.

 

College ended and only Sooyoung decided to study further. She decided to go to London and it was there where the timid Sooyoung became a social butterfly. Her transition still amazes Jessica. Sure people change, but Sooyoung became more outgoing, yet still keeping her quiet and sweet personality.

 

Jessica decided to go to New York to work as a fashion columnist. Now she’s the editor of NILONA, the number two fashion magazine in America. As a little girl she dreamed of being a fashion designer, but she quickly realized that she didn’t exceled in clothing designing. She then aimed to do at least something that was linked with the fashion industry. She finally made it to NILONA with hard work.

 

The cold night wind hit Jessica as she exited the building. She zipped her leather Jacked close and held her bag tight against her. Jessica was very fond of autumn; it was one of her favourite seasons. The warm colours of the leaves decorated the streets, were in contrast with the grey sky. It was always a magical thing for her.

 

 She walked to the bus stop that was not far from Taeyeon’s place and kept on thinking about Taeyeon’s dream. She told all of the girls, about the dreams that has been haunting her nights for two months. A chill ran through Jessica’s spines, it was a creepy dream indeed. Taeyeon was not the type of person to lie or to make stories up. After college she had always followed the rules. She was a daughter to be proud of and a daughter in law to dream of. She was serious and hardworking. For Jessica, Taeyeon became too serious. In college, Taeyeon would often come to parties, hang out and socialize, now she only keeps close to a small group of friends. It worried Jessica, because taeyeon was the only person from the group that stayed in Korea. Nobody has any idea what in the world happened to her.

 

Jessica shook the feeling of off her. She arrived at the bus stop and looked at the digital board. Thirty minutes until the next bus its said. Jessica swore under her coat. A cold wind passed her by and her teeth started to chatter from the cold. “!” she said and looked at the board again. If she decided to walk, she would be at the hotel in five minutes, but it was already half past twelve and the strange abductions that are occurring around the world really creeped her out.

 

“That motherer!” she said and walked to the direction of her hotel. Her eyes skimmed every corner of the street and she held the leather straps of her bag tightly. There have been 71 abductions so far and there was no trace of the abductor. They all started in January of this year, when michelle lee got abducted. She walked into an ally and never came out of it. What happened is still an unanswered question.

 

Jessica crossed the street with her head bowed to the ground and with her eyes close. It was probably not a good idea, but it went automatically when the wind hit her. she suddenly bumped against something and fell on the ground.

 

“Hey , look where you’re going!” Jessica yelled.

 

The person didn’t answer, making Jessica look up and she widened her eyes. In front of her was a man, he was of average high, but his long black cloak and fire red hair would’ve made him stand out in a room full of tall people. His upper body was only covered with the cloak, making the pierced s and tattooed abs visible for every passing citizen of Seoul. Not only were his s pierced, his face was full of those hooks and chains.

 

The man looked at Jessica with a poker face. His eyes were red with a yellow circle around the iris, and it was like they were glowing. She felt the fear in her body when he started to scan her. “I’m going to get kidnapped” she thought. “I’m going to get ” she thought. She did a silent prayer and tried to crawl backwards.

 

He started to move towards her. “Get away from me” she yelled and tried to crawl backwards, faster. He looked at her and a tiny smirk lingered on his lips, it was just for a second, but Jessica noticed it. Her heart started to beat faster and she panicked. “Get away from me, please go away!” She screamed hysterically. The tears started to come and she frantically started to search in her bag. “I’m going to call the police, if you take one step closer!” she said stuttering.

 

The man looked at her curiously. He then turned his head to the building that was behind him. Jessica’s fear grew bigger. What if he brought his friends with him? What if they all are going to her? She broke down in tears. “Just…please…please just let me go.” She cried.

 

He took a step towards her, but then walked around her, leaving the crying Jessica on the ground. He then continued his walked towards the direction Jessica came from.

 

For a few seconds Jessica sat there in shock, not knowing what to think or how to absorb the situation. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. With shaking hands, she picked up her bag and started to walk to the other side of the road. Her legs were shaking and she could hardly coordinate her steps.

 

She reached the side of the pavement and all of a sudden she got an adrenaline kick. Her legs started to move, faster and faster, she ran. She ran towards her hotel for a while, but took the wrong road and ran towards the part of the city she wasn’t familiar with.

 

She took a turn into an alley and stopped at a 3-meter-high wall and put her hand palms on it, supporting herself on the wall. She breathed heavily in and out. “This isn’t happening…this isn’t happening!” she whispered to herself and let herself fall on the hard, cold stones.

 

Her limps are trembling and she tried to calm herself. Listening to the sounds of the night. The chirping of the crickets, the sounds of vehicles that past by every now and then and the smell of Seoul at night. It made her become calm again. With a few cries here and there, she opened her eyes and observed her surroundings.

 

She was in a dead end alleyway.

 

“!” she said to herself. Walking towards the beginning of the alley, Jessica tried to remember where she came from. As she walked towards the main road of the city, she started to panic again. She doesn’t recognize anything!

 

“No” she whispered to herself. She was not going to panic again and run into an area that was not safe for her, although she didn’t even know if this area was completely safe for her.

 

Taeyeon she suddenly remembered. She could dial Taeyeon and ask her to get her out of here. She frantically searched her bag for her phone, hoping that she didn’t stupidly let it fall when she was running. She found it at the bottom of her bag and she silently thanked the lord. She dialled taeyeon’s name.

 

“leave a message after the beep”

 

“Dammit!” She swore out loud. “Please Taeyeon, please pick up” Jessica pleaded and dialled her number again.

 

She texted Taeyeon a long text with the explanation, but after the fourth dial Jessica knew that she wasn’t going to pick up. “!” She shouted in frustrations not realizing that her voice could be heard by people from nearby.

 

Her mind went to the other girls. She called Tiffany and she fortunately answered. “Oh my god Tiff, you have no idea what happened!”

 

“Jessica! Is Taeyeon there with you?” Tiffany asked frantically. Jessica could hear Tiffany huff and puff on the other side from the phone. Tiffany? She wondered. “What do you mean?”

 

“Somebody rang the doorbell and we all thought that it was you, Taeyeon went to open the door, then we all heard her scream. It was so terrifying!” Tiffany said on the verge of crying.

 

Jessica felt numb, she stared in the distance. Her mind was filled with thoughts and she realized it. That man wasn’t after her, but after Teayeon. He didn’t do anything to her, because the victim he wanted was not just a girl, but Taeyeon.

 

“I don’t know what to do anymore” Tiffany cried.

 

Jessica snapped out of her trance. “Tiffany I’m now lost in Seoul; can you pick me up?” Jessica could feel the frown Tiffany was giving her as she went to the nearest crossroad. She couldn’t find a board where the street name was written on. “Okay, ehm I’m near a store called Kimchi Now.” She said the name of a restaurant across the street.

 

“Why are you lost?” Tiffany asked. “Jessica stay where you are, I’m picking you up. We don’t need another missing person.” Tiffany said in a trembling voice.

 

“Okay I’ll tell you later.” Jessica said and hanged up. She heaved a sigh of relieve and let her head fall backwards. The fear that took over her heart, was replaced with relieve and safety. Her mind went back to Teayeon and got worried. Did the man see that Jessica got out of the apartment? Did he smirk, because he knew that he was going to abduct her best friend? All these unanswered questions made Jessica nervous. 

 

Jessica tried to control her breathing by taking slow inhalations and exhalations. She needed to think rational and clear, but with all these situations her mind was a cooking pot of worries and emotions. She eased a bit and looked up at the sky. The sky was totally black, because of all the lights in the city. She wanted to see them, the stars that sparkled in the black night.

 

Jessica had always been a fan of bright colours and glitter. She loved it. She’s wearing classy outfits because of her work right now, but at home she has a special closet for bright coloured cloths. It made her happy and it gave her some kind of sensation.

 

Thud

 

What was that? Jessica diverted her eyes from the sky to the kimchi restaurant on the side of the road. It was soft, but she heard it. It sounded like something landed on the roof of the restaurant. Her eyes scanned the roof of the restaurant but could see nothing.

 

Thud

 

There was it again, but this time it was on her side of the street and it sounded like it was just a few buildings away. Jessica searched the street she was in. Nothing. Following her instinct, Jessica quickly ran to the other side of the street.

 

Bang

 

When she reached the middle of the street, she heard a loud bang. It was like somebody jumped from a roof and landed on something that was made out of metal. “what the hell?” she said.

 

Jessica was in trance. Her mind was fixated on the alleyway where the noise came from.

 

For 5 seconds, that seemed like an eternity, nothing happened. Then she saw him. It was not the guy from before but another one. This guy wasn’t as scary as the other, but he had an angry expression on his face. He walked with confidence and radiated power. Just like the other guy, but had only one piercing and that was on his right nose trill.

 

He only wore a pair of golden, glittery pants, while you could see his bare, masculine upper body. What terrified Jessica was the stream of red liquid that ran over his upper body, that looked very much like blood. Her body started to tremble and everything in her screamed to run, but she couldn’t, she couldn’t do anything.

 

“Jessica” He said suddenly and his voice sounded like rustling leaves in the wind.

 

That triggered something in her. She screamed and ran away from him. “wait!” he yelled back. She didn’t listen and ran towards the nearest alley in that road. She went in it and threw her bag on the ground, while running, hoping that he was just after her money.

 

The alley was short and she quickly found her way back to the road to the hotel, she looked behind her and didn’t see anybody. Not taking any chances Jessica fastened her speed and ran towards the hotel.

 

The hotel was in sight and a feeling of joy went through her. She was safe, she thought and for the first time that hour she smiled. Her happiness only lasted for a few seconds though, because suddenly the man with the golden pants was there, just 10 meters away from her.

 

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!” Jessica screamed and fell backwards. How on earth did he get there?

 

She panted heavily and crawled backwards. She cried as she looked at the man and said: “please don’t, please don’t.”

 

“I’m not going to hurt you” The man said. His face didn’t seem angry or serious like before, there was another expression on his face and it looked like worry.

 

Jessica didn’t see it. She was too scared to see any kind of detail in this situation. He stepped forward and bended towards her. “Don’t be scared” He said and blew some kind of white powder in her face.

 

That was the last thing Jessica saw as everything around her turned to black. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sorry for the late update and I have another bad news for you  :( 

I can't update next week, I'm bussy with work, study, driving lessons and the week after I have an important test. 

To all the people that subscribed and are readings, thank you and I hope you enjoy it, <3

If you have the time, make sure to comment. I want to know what you all think and I don't mind criticism, but keep in mind to be nice to me and to other people in the comment section. 

Ps, I hope that I can update in the week of mon 24/10 and sun 30/10.