FINAL

Smiling Stalker

It was a normal day for Kim Jinhwan, an office worker at one of the biotechnology company in Osaka, Japan. Working by office hour, it requires him to be at his cubicle before 8 a.m. every day. Done with checking his attendance, Jinhwan went over to his desk and a small smiles mix with confused plastered on his lips.

“cookies?” He picked the mini jar up and look at the sender name to look from who is it coming from but failed. Only a small smile was written there.

J

“maybe the staff were giving out the cookies today. Well my luck today. “He hummed softly before taking his seat and his PC checking on what he needed to do today. He groans softly as he read the email he got from the people in the lab. His herb plants project was ruined due to carelessness of the lab staff. “Congratulation Kim Jinhwan you failed” he monologue.

Jinhwan’s day went like normal day he had except a small pout never left his lips due to his frustration about his failed project and now he just realised that he left his wallet at home.

“What a lucky day I have today” a sarcasm was detected in his sentence along with a long deep sighs. His tummy keeps growling as it was lunch time but he is broke at the moment. Jinhwan tries to focus but the force in his tummy keep fighting him. He grunts a bit leaning against his office chair before his eyes catch a glimpse of the cookies jar. A small O was form on his lips before he smiled and grabbed the jar, eating the jar’s content in any minutes.

Jinhwan was really grateful to the person who had left that cookies jar on his table. Because of the anon he survives his not so lucky day. But what he didn’t notice was there is a smile watching him from far.

 

The cookies jar keeps appearing every morning Jinhwan come to work. At first he thinks that there is someone that want to prank him or poison him. Lord who know what’s in people heart. But moment by moment he started to think that the anon just want to share cookies with him. One thing keeps playing in his mind is, who is the sender. He been asking all his colleagues about the anon but no one know who is him or her. Even his best friend, Koo Junhoe who was sitting next to him doesn’t even know.

Months passed by and its now December.

Snows were covering the road, temperatures dropping down. It surely a cold season. Thick clothes, a scarfs around his neck and a beanie to warm up himself, Jinhwan surely look like a walking ball of clothes. Born with small frame and short height, he was the fastest to catch a cold in winter.

“ahhhhhh so colllddddddddddd” Jinhwan whines softly as he reached his cubicle and saw a pair of gloves on his table, next to a jar of cookies that has a sticky note place on its body. He picked up the jar and look at the note.

“jinani~ don’t catch a cold this season. I’m worried about you. J “

It was written on the note, signed with that smiling face like usual. Jinhwan smiled to himself as he picked up the knitted gloves and slipped it onto his hands, it fit perfectly on his hands. This anon surely know his hand sizes. He chuckled softly and took it off before he started to work again.

Jinhwan getting braver as he dared to leave a note to his “smiling stalker”. The note sound,

“Mr smiley~~ thank you for everything. You too take care. I heard the snow will come down a lot today”

And Jinhwan left for home.

Later when the office was empty, the note was picked up and the anon smiled till it reaches his ears. “I will Jinani, I will” and with that he left another cookie jar with another sticky note.

“I Love You”

“Meet me by your favourite place on Christmas Eve at lucky time”

Sneaky Jinhwan, he had left a Go Pro recorded overnight to solve his curiousity about his stalker. And the “Smiling Stalker” didn’t notice that he was recorded.

Morning rise like usual and Jinhwan happily walked to his workplace today thinking he finally know who is his stalker. Reaching his office earlier than his usual time he went over his table to see a jar of cookies with a pink sticky note with a cute ‘I Love You’. Remembering about his plan last night he fished out the Go Pro and looks at the product.

And the person was his office crush slashed best friend

“Koo Junhoe”

That was the only word escaped his mouth as he started to think of all the stuff Junhoe been doing to him secretly. He can’t believe his long time crush that he thought had been friend zoning him do this.

Jinhwan picked up the cookies jar and look at the sticky notes. A slight blushes coloured his pale cheeks. Favourite place, Lucky Time. And an ‘I Love You’. Is he being serious or just pranking him? But April Fool has passed long time ago. Plus, how did Junhoe knew about this? Not wanting to fuss over this, Jinhwan decided to play along to see if the taller is serious about this cause if he did, Jinhwan will be the luckiest guy in the office right now.

The time has come. The day of the truth. Jinhwan was packing up to go home, a.k.a going on a date with his crush. Thinking about that really make Jinhwan squeals by himself. He didn’t see Junhoe along the day, probably was busy with his own research about cactus. Silly guy. That’s only in Jinhwan head about June. Despite he fell to that ‘silly’ guy.

“Merry Christmas guys!!” Jinhwan wished the office a Merry Christmas before leaving the office. Walking to the his favourite place, which is an abandon fountain in the main park.

7pm was his lucky time. Bringing along a medium size box wrapped in a nice wrapping paper, Jinhwan feel kind confident about this. Stepping to the promised place he looks around. “where is he?”

And in a blink of eyes, the gloomy place was lighted by a lot of Christmas light and decoration. The view itself made Jinhwan smiled and looked around feeling excited more for this. And there he is. Jinhwan’s stalker. As he was standing behind Jinhwan small frame resting both of his arms on Jinhwan’s shoulders.

“Merry Christmas, Hyung” his deep voice whispered into Jinhwan’s ear.

“Merry Christmas, Junnie” that’s all Jinhwan can said as he can’t hold himself from not blushing.

The taller probably surprised on how his identity was known by Jinhwan but decided to let it go first as he keep on going with his plan. Turning the smaller around he looked down at him with a soft smile.

“Hyung... I actually like you... since the first day you’re transferred here...” Junhoe blushes madly while clasping his lip, scratching his unitchy nape. Continuing his word, Junhoe held both of Jinhwan’s hands in his. “I like how you cheer up every moment. Smiling no matter what happen. And I wish that you can make my life cheerful as always.” Clearing his throat Junhoe presses his plump lips against Jinhwan’s forehead looking over the smaller red face. “Can I court you hyung?”

A silent filled the atmosphere as junhoe finished his confession. his lower lip, he looked at Jinhwan, heart beating for the other answer.

“Yes you can June” Jinhwan smiles widely as he said yes to Junhoe’s confession. He can’t even finished his words when his small body was pulled into a really warm embrace he ever felt. Hugging back by the waist Jinhwan said softly. “I like you too Junhoe.”

They spent the night together as lover by talking about each other, while sipping on a cup of hot cocoa. Jinhwan was surprised by Junhoe’s answer about knowing his favourites.

“I knew this all by watching you. But you never noticed it”

Junhoe added

“I like it how innocent you looked, how angelic your smile is. Melting me by just watching you”

And that night they had their first kiss. Under the fallen snowflakes that become the witnesses of their new journey together.

Jinhwan got to admit something.

Junhoe is really a stalker. He never stops smiling ever since the first day Jinhwan saw him at the Korean BBQ place, on the first day of his arrival in the new city.

 

 

 

The End

Okay.

/runs away;

Thank you for reading my crappy work

do comment juseyo