fin.

Living miracle

Something warm caressed my skin and slowly I woke up, realizing that the warm sensation on my skin was caused by sun rays. Did I forget to pull the curtains to the left all the way?

I got up and opened them, letting the sun light flood the room. The warmth felt so good, I closed my eyes to enjoy the warm sensation. Suddenly two strong arms sneaked around my waist as the person, who was behind me all of a sudden, let out a sigh. A chin rested itself on my shoulder.

"Good morning to you too, honey."

I reached up, resting my hand on the head of the person behind me before ruffling his messy morning hair.

"G'Mornin'," a hoarse voice mumbled next to my ear. His morning voice.

"Why're you up so soon, baby?" he asked me, obviously still half asleep. "I just woke up because I couldn't sleep anymore. Did I wake you up? I'm sorry," I said, turning my head to him to give him a kiss on the cheek.

His side profile was as breathtaking as ever. The sharp contoures of his face, his nose, his eye lashes, his plump and pink lips.
His eyes were closed and he took steady breaths. It was a simple action but it was truly mesmerizing to me. I was a really lucky girl indeed.

"You can go back to sleep if you want to, I know you're tired, Sukkie," I offered, turned around in his direction to face him. Finally he opened his eyes and looked at me.

"s'okay," he said in a sleepy voice, "I don't wanna go back to bed without my baby anyway."

"Then let's go back to bed together, shall we?" I smiled. Normally he'd protest about how I said that I'm not tired anymore but this time, he just nodded. So I dragged him back to our shared bed but as I attempted to pull him onto the bed, he fell on top of me. Sigh.

"You know, you need to get off of me if you want to sleep," I told him calmly but my heart was fluttering. With his eyes closed, he just replied sheepishly.

"Don't wannaaa, you're comfy."

I could swear that he just smirked for a brief second.

I rolled him over so that he rolled off of me (earning a few whines and protest from him) and made him lie on the bed properly, pulling the covers over his body. I then crawled under the covers to lie next to him, facing him. "You can be such a big baby sometimes, you know that, Jongsuk?"

He opened his eyes slowly, the corner of his lips curling upwards as he looked down to me.

"Have I ever told you that you're beautiful?" He suddenly asked, seemingly wide awake now. I nodded and answered, "Just like, a thousand times already?"

He complimented me a lot, which made me blush a lot in return as well. This man was one of the few people who knew about my insecurities, my inferiority complex and generally about me and my problems and daily struggles but he still chose to stand by my side. I was lucky to have him.

"Ohh, I haven't? You're so beautiful." He did it again and instantly, a faint blush crept up my cheeks. When will I ever get used to this? Probably never. But who would get used to that - a gorgeous man complimenting your average self?

I was about to protest already when he laid a finger onto my lips. Another charming smile of his caused my heart to beat even faster than it already did.

"I know you were about to protest but I'm really not lying here. You're beautiful; I don't understand how you keep on thinking so lowly about yourself."

"It's just that you—," I started but he cut me off.

"I know I'm an actor and I know I'm 'involved with a looooot of pretty girls', yada yada yada... But none of them match up to you, to be honest. Hmmm.. maybe you should change your career path and become an actress instead so I can get more involved with you? I'd totally support your decision if you did." He flashed a toothy grin and pinched my left cheek. It was obviously a joke of his but it made me feel better about myself; he always managed to do so and he probably doesn't even know that he does.

All the thoughts about being insecure being gone by now, I shot back in a rather cocky tone.

"Right, maybe I should," I said while winking mischievously, "I'd clearly be the best actress."

"Oh, you would, imagine your posters plastered all over Seoul.. Ohh, I'd be so jealous knowing that so many guys would look at your poster – no, I cannot let that happen, not in 100 years! No, better yet, 1000 years!" Jongsuk said. He gave me a glowering look. He shook his head and squeezed his eyes shut at the thought that went through his head just now and added, "No, no, no, that certainly cannot happen. You're mine, mine, mineeee!"

He pouted cutely and hugged me closer to him. "You know you're being cute, don't you, my jealous Sukkie baby?" I asked him. Instantly, his facial expression changed to a kind of questioning one and he blinked his eyes twice. He gave an answer I totally expected him to say: "I know I'm cute, I'm your Sukkie bear after all."

I cringed at his answer, which made him chuckle and he apologized for saying something so cringeworthy.

I nuzzled my face against his chest, I liked to feel his warmth, to inhale his natural scent and to feel his steady breaths. Out of the blue, he asked, "Do you feel better now?"

That was when I realized that he did all this to make me feel better about myself. Did Jongsuk know about the fact that he always made me feel better? I nodded as answer.

"Good, I don't want you to think so lowly about yourself. Oh, and about that acting thing... I meant what I said; I'd fully support you if you chose to walk down that path. I will always support you." He kissed my forehead.

"However, I'd still get jealous about other guys though... I just love you too much to share."

I think the butterflies in my stomach were having butterflies in their stomaches too. At least that's how I felt. My cheeks were burning. I hugged him closer to me.

"I love you too, Jongsuk."

It was true, I loved him; he was my everything. I felt insecure about myself around him often but he was always there to make me feel better. He even brought out sides of me that I never knew they existed in the first place. He offered the shoulder I could lean on. He was my happy pill, my medicine.

                    Lee Jongsuk was my living miracle. I never want to lose him.


[a/n 20161002] I hope you liked it ♥

Here are some gifs hehe

*cough* we all need some Kang Chul (and Lee Jongsuk) in our lives