Last Dance (One Shot)

Last Dance

“Come on, Hirai Momo! You’re just gonna ask her.” Sana kept on tugging Momo’s uniform, convincing her to ask the very beautiful, very stunning, Myoui Mina to be her date on the coming Foundation Night of their University.

 

Momo’s brows met in annoyance. She held sana’s hands and kept them away from her. She didn’t want to go home wearing ripped clothes.

 

“Calm down, Minatozaki.” She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms before asking, “why do you badly want me to ask her?”

 

“Myoui Mina is Tzuyu’s bestfriend. If you ask her, maybe Tzuyu will ask me too!” Sana clapped her hands like a child, imagining Tzuyu and her on the Foundation Night together and it made Momo shake her head.

 

Momo almost forgot that Tzuyu was Sana’s undying fantasy. Well, Sana wouldn’t force her this much if it wouldn’t benefit her.

 

“So…? What’s your decision now? Are you gonna ask her?” Sana asked for the nth time that day.

 

That question was the same thing Momo was asking herself the whole day, too.

 

Momo sighed, “No.”

 

Sana raised her right brow, facepalmed then whined, “Momoooooo!”

 

Momo just remained silent and played with her phone. But Sana didn’t have “give up” in her dictionary and vocabulary so she tried again, “ Don’t you want to be her date? Don’t you want her to be your date?”

 

“If we’re gonna talk about ‘WANT’, of course I do! But..” Momo paused, “I’m- I’m afraid of rejection.” She continued, still looking at her phone.

 

Sana stared at Momo while a smile was forming on her face. Of course Momo felt it so she looked at her friend, “Damn what’s wrong? Stop smiling like that. So creepy..”

 

Sana just laughed and said, “I just can’t believe you’re being like this over a girl.” They both chuckled then Sana continued, “I mean, you’re a player, man. You used to get anyone you wanted with just one wink. But when it comes to Mina you’re as soft as cotton. You can’t even ask her that one simple question!” she punched Momo’s arm playfully.

 

“Of course. Because she’s Myoui Mina. She’s... really.. different. And that’s why I like her.”

 

 

 

(3 days later)

 

Even though Momo said “no” to Sana. It didn’t mean she really wouldn’t try. So there she was, standing in front of Myoui Mina and trying to start a conversation with her.

 

“Hi Mina.” She waved her hand while smiling at Mina. what the did I just do I probably looked so weird. Momo thought.

 

“Oh hello.” Mina smiled back.

 

“Yeah hey.”

 

“Uh.. yeah hi.”

“Uhm..”

 

“Yes? What is it?”

 

“Hello, Mina.”

 

Momo closed her eyes tightly, thinking where this nonsense conversation would go. Also, she hit her head mentally for being so weird in front of her crush.

 

She opened her eyes and saw Mina, laughing at her. Her laughter was a music to Momo’s ear.

 

Momo was smiling and she didn’t even feel that she was. Because that time, the only one she cared about was Myoui Mina.

 

Mina was happy and so was Momo. Mina’s smiles and laughs were Momo’s happiness.

 

“Mina, be my date on our university’s Foundation Night.” And suddenly, it came out from Momo’s mouth. Mina stopped laughing and looked a bit shocked because of it.

 

Well, even Momo was shocked because of what she just said. Why so sudden? She should’ve said it in a nicer way but whatever, at least she got to ask her already.

 

Mina smiled, “I’d love to.. but someone has asked me already. Sorry.” she tapped Momo’s shoulder.

 

Momo could hear her heart breaking for a moment. But she tried hard to smile at Mina and asked, “W-who’s the lucky person?”

 

“Do Kyungsoo.” Mina was still smiling and so was Momo. But the difference was, Momo’s smile was fake.

 

“Yeah.. yeah congrats. Just.. just please tell Tzuyu that Sana’s dying for Tzuyu  to ask her to be her date. Haha.”

 

With that, Momo just turned and started walking. She just wanted to get out of that damn room.

 

“Momo,” Mina called that made Momo stop, but still not facing her, “Sorry.”

 

Momo just made the ‘ok’ sign with her right hand and walked her way out of the room leaving Mina feeling so bad.

 

So that’s how rejection feels like? Momo thought, Nice. What a stupid idea, Momo. You should’ve not asked her! Tsk.

 

Momo didn’t cry. But she knew she was hurt really bad. And she told herself she wouldn’t tell this to Sana, or to anyone else. It’s… a shame.

 

 

 

(Foundation Night)

 

“Are you sure you’re gonna be okay here? Alone?” Sana asked this to Momo for like the 23rd time already and Momo had nodded said yes as an answer to this question for the 23rd time, too.

 

Momo’s happy for her friend. Even though Mina rejected her, at least Sana got Tzuyu as her date.

 

“I told you already, Sana. I’m fine.” She even had her thumbs up to convince Sana.

 

“Alright. Just call me if you need someone to let out to your bitterness over the Mina-Kyungsoo couple okay?” Sana joked then laughed.

 

“Psh.” Momo just laughed too and shoo-ed Sana away, “Shoo! Go to your date now.” It was exactly when Tzuyu came back from the comfort room to retouch.

 

Tzuyu went straight to Sana and held her waist, “Momo, I’m borrowing your friend this night.” Tzuyu said, asking for Momo’s permission.

 

“Yeah sure. You can actually not bring her back here if you want.” Momo said jokingly and Sana just rolled her eyes while Tzuyu laughed.

 

“Whatever.” Sana said, then looked at Tzu, “Let’s go?”

 

Tzuyu just nodded as a reply to Sana and they went to the dance floor and did the slow dance with the other students.

 

Being alone would be better than to have Sana to ‘til she dies. If Sana was there she’d probably be like: “Omg you’re forever alone. You used to have like 5 girlfriends at the same time before. But now, look at you. Poor momo~ why don’t you date your jokbal instead?”

 

She rolled her eyes by just imagining Sana saying those.

 

But oh- her eyes landed on the wrong place.

 

No.

 

No. she’s not seeing Mina and Kyungsoo, dancing slowly. No.

 

But who was she kidding? She could see them with her two eyes, laughing and talking while doing the slow dance. Duhh.

 

She got up from her seat and decided to just go to the school garden where she would be alone. But first, she went to her car to get her earphones, a simple white v-neck shirt and shorts. She then went to the comfort room to change her dress. She’s not going to need it anymore. She didn’t want to go to the party anyway so why would she keep on wearing that damn dress, right?

 

 

 

She sat down on a bench, put in her earphones and plays a song.

 

She’d just wait Sana there ‘til the party ends.

 

While listening to music, Momo was thinking about Mina.

 

 

Aaaaaaaahhhhhh she was really beautiful that night! She’s wearing a simple red dress and light make up but still, what the f she still looked so pretty and stunning. Mina never failed to mesmerize her. And Mina would never.

 

She took a deep breath. Then saw the image of Mina and Kyungsoo slow dancing on her mind and she didn’t know she had kicked the ground because of irritation.

 

“. That should’ve been me!”

 

She bent down a bit, facepalmed with her elbows on her thighs, trying to calm herself down. She stayed at that position while still listening to music and she didn’t notice she was slowly getting sleepy.

 

Until someone took the earphones out of her ears. She immediately opened her eyes and saw Mina in front of her. She was shocked and it faded her sleepy feeling away. She got up from the bench.

 

“Mina, what are you-“

 

Momo was cut off because Mina took her phone, plugged the earphone out from it so the music would be heard loudly and.. WTH DID MINA JUST WRAP HER ARMS AROUND HER NAPE AND MOVE CLOSER TO HER AND DAMN IT SHE COULD HER HEART BEATING REALLY FAST LIKE IT WAS IN A RACE.

 

** Don’t the water grow the trees?

Don’t the moon pull the tide?

Don’t the stars light the sky?

You need to light my life.

 

With that, she already knew what Mina wanted. So she held her by her waist and they started swaying slowly.

 

Mina remained quiet, not saying anything. They were looking into each other’s eyes.

 

** You don’t understand how much you really mean to me

I need you in my life you’re my necessity yeah

But believe me you’re everything that just maked my world complete

And my love is clear

The only thing that I’ll ever see

You’re all I ever need

Baby you’re amazing

You’re my angel come and save me

You’re all I ever need

Baby you’re amazing

You’re my angel come and save me

 

“Why are you here?” Momo decided to speak.

 

Mina smiled, “You wanted me to be your date.”

 

“Yeah. And?”

 

“I’m here now. Don’t you like it?”

 

Momo shook her head, “No it’s not like that. It’s just.. how about Kyungsoo?”

 

“He said he would be fine.” Mina answered, “You jealous?”

 

Momo looked down, she couldn’t answer. She’d be lying if she said no, and she was too shy to say yes. She just heard Mina’s chuckle.

 

“You don’t have to be. I’m not interested in him. I’m even more interested in books than him.” They both laughed with Momo still looking down. “But I’m most interested in you.”

 

Momo finally looked at Mina. It’s like she couldn’t control her head and eyes. They automatically moved by themselves. She knew what Mina meant. She knew it. Mina liked her too.

 

** We can do anything you like

I know we both can get it right tonight

 

“I… wasn’t your first dance tho.”

 

“It’s okay. Last dance is more special for me.” Wow this girl just wouldn’t let Momo stop smiling, “As they say.. save the best for last.

 

Mina moved even closer to Momo and the next thing Momo knew was.. Mina’s lips crashed into hers damn the butterflies in her stomach.

 

** You’re all I ever need

Baby you’re amazing

You’re my angel come and save me

You’re all I ever need

Baby you’re amazing

You’re my angel come and save me

When it comes to you

Baby, I’m addicted

You’re like a drug

No rehab can fix it

I think you’re perfect baby

Even with your flaws

You ask what I like about you

Ooh I love it all

 

It was sweet. It was both their first kiss. It was the bestest night for them.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: HELLO WTF IDK WHY I DID THIS AEKFJJFKDJFKRJ I WAS JUST LISTENING TO AUSTIN MAHONE’S ALL IEVER NEED AND I CAME UP TO THIS HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA IT’S LAME BUT WHATEVER AT LEAST THEY KISSED HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU CAN LISTEN TO THE SONG HERE I REALLY LIKE THIS SONG  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-NeRjJVPJo