final

that one time in walmart

comments are appreciated 

 ____________________________________________________

“Holy .” Breathes the tall, noodle armed male. Namjoon looked at the mess he just made accidentally. Totally not to see the super cute assistant manager with thighs and an like heaven. He looks at the piles of flour and some other substance on the floor and he was pretty sure he was covered in it from the white substances that made themselves home on his favorite jacket (Come on, he just washed that last night!) Then his attention falls back on the mess around him.

 

“Clean up on aisle 7!” Came a deep voice from over the intercom and Namjoon could feel his face heat up in embarrassment as shoppers passed by the aisle, looking in and laughing when they spotted the tall dork standing with flour all over him.

 

!” He curses, looking around for a way to leave before the same cashier that comes to clean his mess up for the third time that month and notices him. He freezes when he hears someone humming and the familiar squeak of wheels that turn on that same aisle and oh. Instead of the cute manager that greets him awkwardly with a smile, Namjoon sees the same manager only he looked different. More tired than anything and Namjoon feels bad that he has to clean up this mess.

 

“What the he-“ The red-haired male starts looking at the humongous mess and then looks up to see a sheepish Namjoon surrounded in his own mess, looking guilty as ever. “It's you again!”

 

He tries to sound accusing, but the high pitch of his voice, makes him sound the exact opposite. The pout on his face is adorable and Namjoon bites his lip to keep in his laughter. It fails when his pout deepens. Namjoon's laugh bubbles out, startling the poor boy. He looks at him wide-eyed. “Are you- Are you laughing right now? This is a serious situation!”

 

“Sorry. It's hard to take you seriously when you're so cute!” Namjoon coos, standing in front of the worker, two seconds away from pinching his chubby cheeks. The boy blushes a bright red and clears his throat, looking anywhere, but Namjoon. He mumbles something under his breath before mopping. “What was that, Jimin-ssi?”

 

“I said 'thank you.' How do you know my name?” Jimin asks, squinting his eyes at the tall boy who just smirks in response. He points to his chest and Jimin looks only to see his name tag: Park Jimin – Assistant Manager. He blushes an even brighter red. “Oh.”

 

“Yeah, well, have fun cleaning!” Namjoon smiles, waving at the boy who sneers at him and continuing to mop, aggravated.

 

“!” Jimin shouts after him and Namjoon doesn't accept the new nickname. He turns around and walks back to Jimin, who swallows a gulp after seeing the look on Namjoon's face.

 

“That's not how you're supposed to talk to your hyung.”

 

***

 

“…So yeah, that's what happened last week at Walmart.” Namjoon finishes, biting his bottom lip. Seokjin looks at him appalled, Hoseok looks disgusted at his greasy behavior, while Jungkook and Taehyung are too busy making out to care about their hyung's story. Namjoon scrunches his nose up and throws a nearby pillow at them, making them loose balance and fall unto the floor. They never got up from the floor.

 

“I'm scared to know what happened next,” Hoseok shudders, biting his nails. Seokjin nudges him with a sharp look and Hoseok raises his arms in defeat. Namjoon is unimpressed. “Oh God. He's going to be forever alone with sixty cats, his cats are going to kick him out and then he's gonna want to live with us and he's gonna ruin our life.”

 

“Hobi!” Seokjin screeches at his boyfriend's impolite behavior. Hoseok just shrugs and gives him the 'you-know-it's-true' look. This starts a heated debate between the two.

 

“I'm right here yanno and I know I majorly ed up, so I'm going to apologize.” Namjoon slouches in his seat, biting his nails as he thinks of a way to apologize to Jimin. The debate stops and the couple look at Namjoon who was too busy planning. Seokjin looks at the couple on the floor only to realize that they were gone (they must be ing magicians or something).

 

“Where did Tae and Kookie go?” Seokjin asks no one in particular. Hoseok shrugs (he does that a lot apparently) and looks around.

 

“They're probably ing.”

 

“Jung Hoseok!”

 

“You know its true babe!” Another debate starts about whether or not Vkook was ing. Said couple walks in as soon as Hoseok says they are ing teenagers they have hella hormones that they can't control, so yes the they are ing! Jungkook clears his throat awkwardly as Seokjin states that you have been hanging out with Min Yoongi too much and the couple stops talking, smiling sheepishly.

 

“We have someone that would like to speak with you in private, Namjoon.” He smiles and steps to the side, revealing Park Jimin and all his red-haired glory. Namjoon's eyes widened and wait, how do they know Jimin anyways? Namjoon doesn't move an inch, eyes still widened as far as they could go, so Jimin takes it upon himself to help the boy up and into a random room.

 

He opens a door that happens to be a room that Namjoon converted into a studio, so he pushes Namjoon in first and follows him in afterwards.

 

“How do you know Jungkook and Taehyung?” is the first thing that leaves his mouth and Jimin smiles, putting his hands in his pocket.

 

“We go to the same college,” He answers briefly and Namjoon nods, sitting down in one of the chairs in his studio. Jimin follows in suit, looking around in awe. “So, you make music, hyung?”

 

“Yeah,” Namjoon awkwardly replies, fiddling with a random button. Jimin nods fiddling with his fingers. “So, what did you want to talk to me in private about?”

 

“Oh yeah,” Jimin bites his lip, trying to word what he's trying to say, so it makes sense. Namjoon watches him intently and that brings a non-intentional blush to Jimin's face. “As the Assistant Manager at Walmart, I've come to tell you, um, you've been banned? Sorta kinda by the Manager, hyung.”

 

Namjoon's serious look doesn't fade and Jimin breaks out into a cold sweat. Then all of a sudden Namjoon bursts out into laughter, Jimin joins in awkwardly. “That's it?”

 

Jimin nods, still playing with his fingers.

 

“I've been banned from tons of stores because my clumsiness has caused a lot of destruction,” Namjoon explains, tears in his eyes from all of the laughter. Jimin nods again in understanding. Namjoon sighs, leaning his elbow onto the arm of his chair. “The only bad thing is that I probably won't get to see that cute worker in action again.”

 

Jimin furrows his eyebrows, heart clenching a little bit. “Cute worker? What cute worker, hyung?”

 

Namjoon bites back a smile and a laugh at Jimin's cluelessness. Jimin looks up to see Namjoon looking at him with a fond smile. “It's you, silly.”

 

“Me? Are you sure hyung?” Jimin asks, pointing to himself, blushing like a madman. It's not everyday a tall, handsome and extremely clumsy guy sorta-confesses to you. His heart speeds up as Namjoon nods and stands up. He subconsciously stands up and walks closer to Namjoon, who steps closer and pulls Jimin into a hug.

 

“Yes, you.” Namjoon smiles when Jimin hugs back. They pull back and Namjoon found himself staring in Jimin's eyes and soon enough he was pulling them into a kiss that Jimin responded quickly too. They pull away from each other, smiling even though the kiss was short.

 

“I like you too, hyung.” Jimin smiles up at the tall boy who just nuzzles himself into Jimin's neck. A crash from outside makes them jump apart. “You hear that too, hyung?”

 

Namjoon nods, walking to the door and pulling it open. Four bodies come tumbling in, falling on top of one another. “Were you guys eavesdropping?”

 

“Ow! Jungkook get your bony off of my rib cage!” Hoseok screams beneath Jungkook. Taehyung helps him get up and Hoseok dramatically takes in a deep breath as he sits up. Seokjin helps him up and pinches him. Hoseok rubs the sore spot with a pout. He remembers that Namjoon asked them a question and he smiles sheepishly, scratching his head. “Maybe?”

 

“Okay, we totally were. Only to see if Namjoon s up, so we can fix the situation,” Taehyung replies, smiling widely. Namjoon places his hand on his chest to ease the pain that his heart was feeling. “But, you didn't so yay!”

 

Namjoon glares at them, crossing his arms over his chest. Jimin wraps his arms around his waist and leans his head on his back, back hugging him. Namjoon smiles, resting his hand on top of Jimin's.

 

“Whipped!” Hoseok shouts, only to be hit by Seokjin. He rubs his injury in pain. “This is spouse abuse!”

 

“We're not even married.” Seokjin pinches the bridge of his nose in annoyance. Hoseok smiles cheekily and Namjoon on cue, plays the music.

 

“Not yet, we aren't.” Hoseok wiggles his eyebrows, taking a box out of his pocket. Jimin peeks around Namjoon only to see Hoseok down on one knee looking up at Seokjin with heart eyes. Seokjin gasps and covers his mouth with his hand, tears prickling his eyes. Hoseok opens the box to reveal the prettiest ring he's ever seen. He tears up at the beautiful moment unlike Taehyung and Jungkook who are full on sobbing. “Will you marry me, Seokjin?”

 

“Yes! Yes!” Seokjin shouts over Crush's voice. Hoseok slides the ring on his finger and stands up, giving him a kiss that seems to go on forever. They're both in tears, Jimin is now sobbing like a little baby, Vkook are ugly crying and Namjoon barely sheds a tear. “I love you, Hobi.”

 

“I love you, Jin.” This starts a chain reaction. Taehyung and Jungkook turn to each other.

 

“I love you, Kookie.”

 

“I love you, TaeTae.” They both kiss and Jimin turns and launches himself at an unsuspecting Namjoon.

 

“I like you, Joonie.”

 

I like you, Minnie.” They also share a kiss and the door creaks open to reveal the one and only Min Yoongi. He looks around to see everyone having some sort of make out session. His face contorts into one of disgust.

 

“Ew, why is everyone so weird today?”