FINAL

Love without Courage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: AHHHHHHH~ This one's angst alright, I broke my heart millions of times writing this one-shot and it was worth it. I really enjoyed writing this and I hope everyone would enjoy it as much as I did. 

I hope it's something everyone can relate to, the frustration of keeping your feelings hidden. Of course the repercussion that comes with it. 

This would be my last MinYeon one-shot for now as I'll go on and hiatus due to work commitments, I hope to see more wonderful MinYeon authors update their stories and come out with new ones too!

***P.S. At the end of the story please scrolled to the comment section to read my end of story author's note!

Not edited etc. Pardon for errors! ><


__________________________


Author's POV

There was a time when Hyomin and Jiyeon fell deeply in love with each other, and before those feelings started appearing out of nowhere. Those two started off as friends, in fact they were pretty close and it causes others to think that there's something more than just two girls calling each other best friends. 

Hyomin was actually older than Jiyeon, however she was the more feminine out of the two. Jiyeon was more like a man, of course she was still a beauty. When Hyomin got bullied and cried all night the younger girl stayed by her unnie's side. The younger girl even swore before the whole school that the next time Hyomin gets hurt, she won't sit around doing nothing and find those responsible. 

That's how Hyomin and Jiyeon's relation were basically. Jiyeon would be the one protecting the older girl. However Hyomin has her ways of doing things to make up to her little dongsaeng too, Hyomin does it through delicious cooking and late night talks. 

The two lived together in a small apartment all the way till they succeeded as singers in the entertainment world. 

The entertainment industry is a harsh world, a place so scary that one can lose everything on a single whim. And on cold winter nights where both of them felt lonely and indecisive on what to do next, they reassured and hugged each other to sleep. 

They found refuge among one another and became each other's pillar, constantly supporting each other. 

But then things changed. 

Those unexpected feelings starting coming in, filling their hearts full to the brim. But don't forget, they are artists whose every actions are being watched by millions. 

There's stages to this feeling called "Love", especially those complicated ones when none of the two parties have the courage to speak up and fight for what they want. 

However things were just so frustrating for the two where they clearly knew how the opposite felt, yet did nothing about it. 

It will sure as hell get awkward when one knows that their crush has reciprocated your feelings. The only way out of the awkward situation was to have a talk, reach a conclusion and then make out. And the next day become a couple, done. Awkward level would definitely be at a negative. 

But the two stubborn girls took it to a whole new level, they kept their mouth shut and allowed their current situation to go on for a few years. It was remarkable, yes. They got so used to that awkward barrier they grew to live with it. 

Things were never the same then, and it was one mistake that would cause them so much..


___________________________________

7AM. It was a windy morning, the dark clouds filled the sky and the cold draft filled the whole house through the openings from the balcony. 

Hyomin got out of bed yawning, the girl stretched a little and place her sweater on. Before heading out she pulled the covers up and made sure the younger one lying beside her stays warm. 

Hyomin made her way into the living room and found herself settled down on the big sofa, not even bothering to wash up or prepare breakfast. 

The older girl stared at the view from her little apartment, the cloud were dark but rays of light from behind those clouds made the whole city landscape look pretty. Hyomin reached for her camera and took a few quick shots of the magnificent view. 

"Unnie, your up so early~" Hyomin jumped at the husky voice from Jiyeon whom just woke up. 

"Yea, can't really sleep the entire night.." Hyomin spoke before waking towards the balcony. 

The younger girl followed behind and both of them stood at the balcony, enjoying the cold wind blowing right at them. Both their hair was messed up but they remained outside anyway. 

"Are you excited?" Jiyeon spoke softly. 

"I guess? Truth be told, it's a bittersweet feeling that I'm experiencing right now.." Hyomin replied while looking straight. 

"Ah~ Hyomin unnie, always getting the specific details right. That's what I'm feeling too." The younger girl spoke before sneezing loudly. 

The older girl took off her sweater and place it over Jiyeon.

"You'll catch a cold. The both of us slept in an air conditioned room the whole night, I'll go make some tea, don't spent too long here alright?" 

Hyomin was about to leave for the kitchen when Jiyeon grab onto her unnie's arm. 

"Jiyeon?" Hyomin called out. 

There was a moment of silence where their eyes met for a mere seconds before the younger girl waves it off and allowed Hyomin to go ahead and make some hot tea. 

'I wanted her to stay, accompany me a little longer. By why is it so difficult to say it out?' Jiyeon thought as she stared mindlessly at the whole of Seoul before her. 

Hyomin boiled some water and sat in the kitchen quietly. It was indeed a very cold morning. The weather had been inconsistent and temperature was dropping drastically way before winter comes. It was only mid-Autumn. 

Hyomin shivered and took a quick glance and Jiyeon standing at the balcony. 

Hyomin couldn't believe that this day would actually come, it was all too fast, all too late. She didn't expect her cowardice would cost her just about everything. 

Similarly, Jiyeon who was still staring out at the open felt a sense of regret. She knew that everything that's happening now was due to the decisions made a few years back. The present were repercussions of her actions back then. 

 


Flashback 4 years ago. 

Hyomin knew that she was deeply in love with her Jiyeonnie, and she was pretty sure that her Jiyeon had feelings for her too. 

It was really obvious, even to others around them. 

Hyomin was looking out for Jiyeon all the time during their promotions and Jiyeon, well Jiyeon was also being really caring than usual. 

Hyomin would never forget how her baby dino got angry at one of the staff for her during that budding love period. 

The waiting room was crowded and everyone was passing costumes and products around it just so happens that one of those busy arm came right up to Hyomin's face accidentally. It was a soft smack that left w small bruise, but Jiyeon got really mad. Going on at the careless staff for quite a while before calming down and checking on Hyomin. 

Actions like this filled Hyomin's hearth with warmth and gratitude. It makes the older girl happy, knowing that Jiyeon never wanted Hyomin to get hurt in any way. 

But that doesn't mean it would give Hyomin the courage to confess to the younger girl. It don't change the fact that Hyomin was too much of a coward and didn't dare to make her feelings heard. 

And just like that, those unsaid feelings grew to become an epicentre for all the awkward feeling there is to come. 

Hyomin found herself slowly become awkward when with Jiyeon alone, and at one point they even grew distant. 

The good news was that those situations did eventually go away and their relationship became normal but there's already this damage that's being done. And it meant that those feelings that they once had for each other would be difficult to recover or salvage, there will no longer be an opportunity for those feelings to blossom and become what is being termed, love. 

Hyomin has an opportunity and she missed it. 

Things were just about the same for Jiyeon. She knew how she felt for Hyomin and how Hyomin had feelings for her too. But Jiyeon didn't dare to say a word and in the end, she let an opportunity slipped pass her. 

In fact they both lived through pretty much the same situation and did the same thing, it's just that they never knew the other party was making the same mistakes. They blamed themselves so much, thinking they themselves ruined a perfect future that they could almost had, but ironically, they both 'worked together' and ended it there and then. 

It was a mistake made unknowingly, they were young then and the decisions made were not thought throughly. Decision made in fear and the lack of courage. 

 


Present

Hyomin's POV

The water was done boiling and I stood up to get the tea bags, a hot cup of tea is perfect for a chilly morning like this. 

I took a glance and saw Jiyeon walking in, she seemed to be deep in her thoughts. I guess every soon-to-be bride would be nervous before their wedding day. I would too..

I can't help but feel this overwhelming feeling of bitterness growing in me as I recalled that very night when I knew I've lost Jiyeon for good. 

 


Flashback

It has been a years since I was sure that I'm in love with Jiyeon. Not what friend should feel for another friend but spending years together, the closeness had made me realise how perfect Jiyeon is. 

I was over the moon when I suspected Jiyeon had feelings for me too. But not being 100% sure about it, I was afraid. Deep down I was pretty sure she likes me too, but I wasn't willing to gamble the relationship we now shared. I kept my feelings to myself and thinking that I'll have the chance to tell her about it someday, when we're older and wiser. But no, she went on a ship for a film project and that male lead swept her off her feet. 

Before I knew it, she was already dating. Taken by a guy old enough to be her dad. Maybe I was overreacting a little but what the ? Some dude just stole my girl and I was in denial, can't possibly be comfortable to call whoever that guy is handsome. 

But at least he had the courage to win Jiyeon's heart. Unlike me. 

That was pretty impressive and that, I give it to him. 

I would never forget that very night where I actually saw them together for the fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter