4: something different

Love Beyond Borders

Kaylee
"How was school?" My mom asked as I walked in the door of our house. I take off my headphones and shrug. 
"Normal, I guess. Asian kids were there, so that was fun. I got to talk to one and he spoke good English. No, I haven't met Seokjin yet so don't ask me. Mandy's at cheerleading, get me when we're going to eat." I say as I walk upstairs to my room, then close my door. 
"I love you too, Kaylee." My mom says. I groan. That woman won't leave me or Mandy alone for a second. I swear, even though we're twins, my mom had to pick favorites. Lucky for me, it was me! I honestly don't know why, since I'm the 'ugly twin'. I'm shorter by two inches, heavier by 40 pounds, and pretty much only have five friends, if even that. My twin, on the other hand, has more friends than my Spanish class (which is 40 people) and is cheer captain. And a perfect size 2. And is dating the soccer captain. I despise her. At least I'm smart though. She's a dumb , as my friends like to say. 
I lay on the bottom bunk of my and Mandy's bed scrolling through Facebook. My friend Taylor from art class posted three pictures with her exchanged student Tzuyu. Fun fact about Tzuyu from the post: she knows Chinese and Korean fluently and is a second year English student. She's also the equivalent of a freshman, which is what Taylor is. Yeah, sometimes I hang out with freshmen.  And I wonder why I have no friends my own age. The next picture scroll past is off all the exchanged kids from Korea. One of them catches my eye. Sugar white skin, pretty eyes, nice face shape. Huh, I wonder what grade he's in. I didn't see him around school today, but that could be because we have over 1000 students total. I wonder who he's staying with. I click on the person tagged in the picture and see his name is Min Yoongi. Min Yoongi, that's an interesting name. I find he has Twitter and Instagram, so I decide I should click on one of those. Hmm, Instagram would probably have more pictures of him, so I click on that. Just as his account loads, Mandy walks in the room and throws her cheer bag on the floor. 
"Heyyyyy Kaylee! How are you?" I throw my phone down and sit op from the bed. 
"I'm fine I guess. What about you?" I ask with a fake smile. Mandy s her cheer uniform and unclips her bow. 
"I'm great! Did you see Rob's exchanged student? Girl, he's hot. Like super hot. He looks like a male model and an angel all at once." I look at her at first in shock but them realize this is the norm for her: crushing on some guy while she has a boyfriend and ending up cheating on her boyfriend the next week with that guy. Hopefully she wouldn't do that to her own boyfriend's exchange student, but Mandy's kind of a , or wh*re or whatever other people say she is. The rumors of her are always true it seems these days. 
"Good for you. You found another boy you can fawn over until you screw him and then leave him the next month. Please don't do that though. I don't think that acceptable in his culture." Mandy flips her ponytail. 
"It's like you think I just screw anyone. I'm not what everyone says." I sigh and roll my eyes, going back to scrolling through Instagram. That stupid Korean boy shows up as I unlock my phone and I click out as fast as I can, feeling myself blush. 
"What?" Mandy says, seeing me flip out, "there's not on your dash again is there." I shake my head. 
"No, I just remembered I have a civics paper due tomorrow." I lie, hoping she doesn't catch that I don't even have that class tomorrow. Mandy sighs. 
"I guess I'll leave you alone and just go over to Robert's house. And no, I'm not gonna go screw his exchanged student." She says as she walks out our bedroom door. I roll my eyes and climb up on her bunk, taking my phone. It's still pulled up to Min Yoongi's profile, so I decide I'll just look at it. All his posts are in Korean, as expected, so I don't have a clue as to what they say. However, I decide that he's attractive. Very attractive. I smack my forehead. Like he'd ever like me. I'm chubby, American, and nowhere near pretty. Plus, he's only here for three months. Still, I kind of really like him. Well at least his face. After looking through the rest of his Instagram(which isn't much) I turn off my phone and decide to take a nap. Yoongi's face smiles at me as I close my eyes and I feel myself smiling back. I silently wish I'll meet him, that he'll like me back, that I'll stop being the desperate nerd I am. I wonder...I wonder what'll happen. I guess I'll just have to find out.