I'm Fineapple.

Hawaii You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun groaned loudly to himself as his whole face turned crimson. “I can’t believe I said ‘Hawaii you?’. She probably thinks I’m a huge dork now!” The male ran a hand through his hair in frustration as he slumped his body against the front door.

“You should thank me for saving your then,” Sehun snorted, grabbing the pizza box and put it on top of the huge pile of empty boxes in the living room.  

“It’s been like, a month, and you still haven’t gotten her name?”

Baekhyun didn’t even bother listening to his housemate as he was still beating himself up for the cheesy pick up line he had used on you. Never did he act so embarrassingly in front of a girl.

“Dude, get over it.” Sehun plopped himself on the couch and the TV, “Maybe she’s into dorks.”

“I’ll call again tomorrow,” Baekhyun said with newfound energy.

Sehun rolled his eyes, “The fact that you’ve already figured out her work schedule is kind of creepy though. Get her name at least! You can’t keep calling in and ask for ‘the cute girl with pink hair’.”

Baekhyun crossed his arms as soon as he felt his face cool down, “I’ll get her name,” he grumbled under his breath.

“And dress a bit better. You look like a slob,” Sehun poked just before getting up to get some plates for the pizza, leaving the confused male to wrap his head around what was wrong with his outfit.

 

❖ ❖  ❖

 

“No, I can’t do this,” Baekhyun hissed out as he peeked out the window and spotted the red vehicle nearing in the distance.  

“Yes, you can, and you will,” Sehun boringly stated as he watched his friend back away from the door.

“Can’t we just act like we’re not home?” Baekhyun stressed out, his eyes strained on the window.  

“You’ve been dying to know her name ever since you first saw her. You've even dressed up nicely! Man up and ask her what her –“ Soft knocks interrupted Sehun, making the taller male send Baekhyun a hurried glance.

Baekhyun childishly shook his head in refusal and was about to run up the stairs until Sehun tackled him and dragged him by the collar towards the door. The two of them struggled a bit, but being a few inches taller, Sehun had definitely the bigger advantage as he locked the male down on the floor and opened the door before Baekhyun could react.

Baekhyun sent his friend a glare before giving you his attention. Luckily, you didn’t seem to notice it.

“Oh, it’s the pizza,” he lamely said, not knowing how to greet you properly.

Sehun rolled his eyes in disbelief. He couldn’t for the life of him understand how Baekhyun was ever going to get a girlfriend with his awkward personality around girls he was interested in.

“A Hawaiian with extra pepperoni?”

Sehun stood behind the door to listen in on their conversation.

“Yeah.”

The tall male wanted to slap his friend for not being able to hold up a conversation. Sehun waved his hand at Baekhyun and pointed briskly at you through the door. Baekhyun gave him a quick glance before finally mustering up the courage to stop you from leaving. But it was too late and you were already on your Vespa.

 

Baekhyun reacted quickly by reaching for his phone and speed-dialed Keso’s for another pizza delivery and made sure to request for the ‘cute girl with pink hair’.  

Sehun gave his friend a patronizing gaze, “Are you going to act all surprised again when she arrives with another pizza?”

“No, I’ll make sure to ask for her name this time!” Baekhyun reassured defensively, but it sounded more like he was pep-talking himself than answering Sehun.

 

Once the knock came, Baekhyun was quick to open the door with no hesitation.

Sehun could only snicker at their cute exchange as he kept eavesdropping behind the door.

 

“I’ll see you, Yeonghee.”

Sehun couldn’t contain himself from jumping behind Baekhyun and give you a wave, “Bye Yeonghee!”

The male wanted to double over in laughter when he saw the malicious glare his friend was giving him.

“I can’t wait to eat this pizza for the fou-“ Baekhyun quickly shut the door, “-rth time this week.”

The only reason they had been eating almost only pizza for the past weeks was because of Baekhyun’s ‘small’ crush on the delivery girl. Sehun took pride in being the good friend he was, and sacrificed his varied meal plan for his housemate.

 

“That’s a pretty name’ – You’re quite the flirt, Mr. Byun.” Sehun didn’t find it in him to not tease his shorter friend.

Usually, Baekhyun would have flipped him off in response, but he finally found out your name and nothing could ruin his mood.

“Yeonghee. Cute,” he muttered to himself and grabbed a piece of the cheesy pizza.

 

❖ ❖  ❖

 

The distant rumbling sound became louder as a small figure sped closer to his house. Baekhyun found himself peeking out the window, something that had become a habit of his every time they would place an order. He tried to be subtle about it so Sehun couldn’t about his impatience, but he uncovered how lame he actually was when he ran for the door before you had the chance to knock on it.

The male unconsciously smiled at your slightly disheveled, bright hair. The way your eyes rounded in innocence could make a man forget his own name.

He then realized why you had worn that expression. Mustering a quick explanation, he smoothly lied, “I was just about to get the mail.” 

He wanted to cringe at himself. Why would he get the mail so late in the evening?

Fortunately for him, you seemed to have bought the lie as you gave him a nod.

A soft smile adorned his features as he watched your shy posture. Baekhyun could practically feel his own heart pumping blood when you locked eyes with his.

He stared at the two pizza boxes with a curious gaze. He was pretty sure he only ordered one.

“It’s on the house since you’re such loyal customers. I guess you guys really like pizza, huh?”

Baekhyun felt the tip of his ears heating up, “Yeah, Sehun is crazy about it.”

Lies. He didn’t understand why he had to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter