Always By Your Side

Always By Your Side

Dear Yoojung,

We had our first date last Saturday. It was the best day of my life... So far. The best day will be when you become my wife. Perhaps, I’m getting ahead of myself.

Yoojung remembered how Doyeon would always make a bold statement but then take it back if she thought it was too far. She giggled at the memory before a sudden wave of sadness hit her. She missed Doyeon, regardless, she continued reading the letter.

I can’t see myself with anyone else... I don’t want to either. I only ever want to be with you. Yoojung, you’re my best friend, my girlfriend, my soul mate... You’re my everything and I want to prove that to you every single day.

Yoojung looked up from the letter, tears streaming down her face. Doyeon did prove it to her every single day that they were together, she always made the smaller girl feel special and almost like she was the only girl in the world.

I never want to lose you... Even if you stop loving me (please don’t!) I still want to be in your life, even if it’s just as friends, because you’re important to me and I care about you so much it hurts.

“I never stopped loving you,” the small girl whispered, staring at the paper, her hands shaking slightly. Taking a deep breath she continued reading.

I’ve loved you since I first met you. We were in school, you bumped into me but before I could even say sorry, you had scurried off. Then the next period our science teacher paired us up. Coincidence? I think not. I think it was fate that brought us together... And I think it’s up to us to stay together, through thick and thin. I promise you, I will never leave you.

“But you did,” Yoojung sobbed, throwing her head back. She needed to stop reading, but she couldn’t... It was one of the only things that she had that was psychical evidence that Doyeon was there.

I could go on and write everything that I love about you, but I’d rather keep it short and sweet – like you. Haha, but for real. I want you to know that I’ll always be by your side, no matter what. Good times, bad times. I’ll be there. Yoojung, I swear to you... I will never stop loving you and I will never ever leave your side.

“But you did,” Yoojung screamed, as she turned to the grave stone and hugged it tightly.

I love you forever and always.

Doyeon.

“I love you too,” Yoojung said staring at the grave, hugging it a little tighter. “I love you so much.”

Ever since Doyeon had passed away, Yoojung had visited her grave everyday so that they were always by each other’s side.