Final

"Don't Date Him"

It was another day at college, and I was fiddling with my sleeve during class. There wasn't anything interesting going on, so I was just drifting off into a daydream. The daydream was honestly just about lunch and dinner.. I would love to have pizza for lunch AND dinner.. even breakfast if that mattered. 

My trail of thought was halted when we were dismissed. The lecturer said there would be no homework, so I happily skipped outside. There was a 2-hour gap between the end of this class and the beginning of my next class, so I decided to go outside and smoke a cigarette with a friend. I usually don't smoke, only when I'm bored or stressed. I am in no way addicted.

We were having a conversation about our weekend. Both of us spent it going out and drinking till we wanted to die. I did make some mistakes money-wise and health-wise, but I didn't care in the moment. I had a great time, made great friends and that's all that happened. We promised to go out together next time and what not. 

After smoking, we went to get some food, talking some more, eating some more and so on. This friend of mine was a guy friend, named Kevin, and one of the chillest dudes I've ever known. We don't talk on a daily basis (like during the weekends too), but we hang out a lot when we do see each other and occasionally hang out outside of college. There was no flirting between us, so he was just a really good friend of mine. 

Class was going to start in a few, so we were making our way to the classroom. The lecturer was already inside, so we went in and took a seat. I took off my jacket and pulled out my books and my phone. I sent a text message to Jungkook to tell hem my whereabouts and opened Instagram to see what was going on in my feed. So, Jungkook is my best friend and partner in crime. However, he switched universities and took another major, so we are now separated. We hang out on the weekends, but that's it. I do miss having him by my side. Along with that, I also caught some feelings for the dude. Luckily, those feelings aren't that strong. I'm just in the beginning stages of liking him and I'm not planning on pursuing those feelings, because it's probably an unrequited crush (as always). 

Anyways, back to school. Everyone was already seated and the lecturer went out to get some coffee. Merely a minute after the teacher left, the door to the classroom opened. A guy walked in and looked around, clueless. He was tall, slightly muscular, had brown hair and light brown eyes. The moment he stepped inside our classroom, I immediately recognized him. He was one of Jungkook's friends. He looked for an empty seat, and coincidentally there was one next to mine. He took a seat, took his jacket off, pulled books out of his bag and turned to me. 

"Hey, I'm joining your class from now on. I'm Tom," he said. 

Without even thinking of introducing myself first, I asked him a question. "Aren't you one of Jungkook's friends? I think I've seen you before," I said, tilting my head to the side. 

"Yes, I've seen you with him a few times," he chuckled, "What's your name again?" 

"Oh right! I'm sorry, I'm Aria, nice to meet you," I said, putting my hand out. We shook hands, laughed and pulled our hands back. His smile was so bright and beautiful, it was hard to look away. 

Tom kept his smile on, "It's nice to finally meet you too," he said, putting emphasis on 'finally'. I nodded and turned to the front of the classroom, because the teacher came in. Class started and I did pay attention this time. I wasn't going to spend a whole day not paying attention in college. That would honestly be the biggest and dumbest mistake I could make, because I'd miss out on so much theory, which then means I'd have to revise all of it by myself, at home. 

-----

Class was over and everyone left in a hurry. I didn't feel any need to hurry, so I calmly packed my stuff, put on my jacket and slung my backpack on. Once we got outside, Tom walked up to me and started talking to me, most probably because he didn't know anyone else yet.

"Hey, are you and Jungkook still friends?" He asked. This question was kind of suprising, because I thought he was going to ask something about the classes we had today and what we've been doing for the past four weeks, so he could stay up-to-date. But no, that wasn't the case.

"Eh, yeah, why are you asking?" I asked. I am a very direct person, so when I'm curious about something, I will aks questions about it. I don't see the point in keeping it to yourself if you're really that curious. I also don't like people beating around the bush, so it was nice that Tom was so honest, actually.

Tom shrugged, "Just wondering. Anyway, I think you're beautiful and kind, so I was wondering if you wanted to grab some food and watch a movie with me when you have time." I was so surprised by this question. I didn't even know he was interested in me. I didn't question him sitting next to me and I didn't question him approaching me just now. I don't know if he wants to hang out as a 'date' or he just wants to get to know me as a friend. Maybe he trusted me because I'm already friends with Jungkook, who's one of his good friends. 

"That was out of nowhere," I laughed, "But I'd love to. I do hope it's just as friends. I don't know you yet, we just met and I'm not really interested in dating you."

"Yeah yeah, that's fine! I just want to get to know you, that's all. And since you're a good friend of Jungkook, I thought I would be able to get along with you, since Jungkook and I are pretty similar." I called that as bull, though. Jungkook is a particularly special specimen. He's really loud when he's together with me, he doesn't know shame, he eats 24/7 and he's as silly as one can get. The comfortable feeling he gives me can't be replicated either. I haven't noticed any of the traits Jungkook possesses with Tom yet, but I guess it takes time. I still think it depends on the person, though. Although he might think they are 'similar', we might vibe differently. 

"We'll see about that, but I'm free tonight and tomorrow," I said. 

"I'll pick you up tonight then," he said. He reached for his phone and handed it to me, "Type in your number so we can stay in contact." I put my phone number in his phone and gave it back to him. I really do hope this is just a friendly gesture, becuase I'm honestly not interested in dating him. I feel like my priorities lie somewhere else in this moment and I am just not interested in him. From previous dating experiences, I've noticed that I can't date people without being friends prior to the dating. While you're friends with people, you notice their good and bad sides and you still love them for that. However, when you go into dating straight away, it's likely to happen that you judge them on the traits you see on the first date and either reject or accept them. People also don't show the real side of them on the first date. It's usually after a while that they show their real selves. 

"Tonight, around 7pm, okay? Don't forget," Tom said. I nodded and laughed. Tom walked away, while looking back a few times to give me a last glance. This made me smile, because it looked so cute. When he was gone, I made my way to my dorm and decided to jump in bed right away. At this moment, I decided to call Jungkook and hear about his day, including telling him about my day and about Tom. 

"HEY!" I screamed in the phone. 

"Okay.. I think I'm deaf..." Jungkook muttered. I laughed at his muttering and shook my head. I missed hearing his voice, although I'd seen him two days ago. 

"How are you, my little bittle nittle fittle Jungkookie?" I asked, laughing at the nickname I came up with. I like making up names for him right on the spot, as it usually leaves me with a funny sounding name that doesn't make sense at all. 

"You're silly," he laughed, "But I could be better. Today was so boring and none of my classmates are actually willing to go grub with me.." I could almost hear the pout in his voice. Jungkook's always been the person to get me broke. Don't get me wrong, he treats me most of the time, but there are times I want to pay for him. The thing is, he just wants to go out for food way too often. When he was in the same college as me, we literally went every day. Every day... If that doesn't make you broke, I don't know what would.

"Aw, really? Didn't you make any new friends? Tell them to go out for food with you," I said. 

"I tried.. but they always say no, because they just want to go for a quick bite somewhere else.. Ariaaa, I miss you so much," Jungkook said. His last sentence made my heart stop. I know I said I didn't like him that much, yet, but tiny things like these do get my heart beating. I got over it quite fast, since I had to respond, of course. 

"I'm sorry, Jungkook.. I miss you too." I turned around to lie on my stomach and fiddled with the pillow next to me. It's so different without him to annoy me or feed me food when I'm hungry. Although he always had a food stash in his bag, he never doubted to go out for food after class. Now, my time after school is spent lying in bed...

"It's not your fault. Anyways, how was your day?" He asked, trying to switch up the subject a bit. He knew he made a conscious decision to go to uni and go for another major, but he doesn't always want to admit it. He loves his major, but he doesn't like the people at uni. They're all selfish and conceited people according to him.

"It's not your fault either, babes," I answered, not replying to his question just yet. 

"Thank you, but how was your day? Tell me about it."

"My day... it was fine. Class was boring. Oh! And your friend Tom is in my class now."

"Tom? Tom with brown hair?" He asked, sounding more curious than he sounded when asking about my day. Not like I was offended, just funny that he's more curious about Tom being in my class. 

"Yeah yeah, he joined our class today and asked me to go out for food and a movie. I also said yes," I said.

"What? No no, no, don't date him. Don't even think about it, Aria. He's not a good guy," Jungkook immediately said. His voice sounded alarming, like he was actually warning me for danger. I didn't get this, because Tom seemed like a pretty good guy. I didn't get any weird vibes from him. The only thing I know is that he struggled getting to the second year, as he didn't pass enough classes last year. However, he contacted the exam board, told his story and was able to come back eventually. I don't know how much of a douche this makes him. In my opinion, it only shows how persistent he is in having an education. I only see that as a good thing. 

"I don't understand, Jungkook. Why would you say that? He's your friend.." I said. I was so disappointed that he said something like that about a friend of his. 

"You don't understand, Aria.. I'm friends with him because of similar interests, and I'm not even that close to him. I just know that he's not a good guy to date. Please just listen to me," he said, sounding super desperate. 

"I already said yes to him. I'm not gonna date him, I think he just wants friends so he asked me to out for dinner with him. Plus, I'm willing to give him a chance as a person. I want to get to know him before making such judgements. You're my best friend, so you should know I don't like judging people before getting to know them."

I heard a sigh on the other side, "Okay.. then at least telll me when you're hanging out with him and where you're going. Please?" Again, it sounded like he was begging me. This was so strange, because Jungkook is usually really open-minded. I thought Tom was his friend, but he holds a negative view against him. 

"I will, Jungkook. Don't worry, okay? I can take care of myself. I'll make the judgement if he's a good guy or not. For now, I'm giving him a chance, because he doesn't know anyone in my class yet and I would feel really bad if I rejected him as a friend from the beginning," I said. 

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. It's just, I know him and I know how he is to girls, so I just wanted to tell you. Can I come by after your little hangout with him? I really miss you," he said. He sounded so genuine and sad at the same time. I can never say no to him wanting to come over. I just worry about him, because he isn't fond of his classmates.. 

"Jungkook, I understand. And of course you can come by, but only if you promise you don't have school stuff due tomorrow. If you do, I'm going to chop you," I said. I sometimes feel like I act like his mom, but I honestly just care a lot about him and I only want the best for him (which is also a mom thing to say). 

"I promise! Text me when you're done, okay? And be careful! I'll kill him if anything happens to you!" I laughed and shook my head at him being overprotective. He's always been like this when I hang out with other guys, even when I hang out with Kevin. 

"I'll call you when I'm on my way home. Don't worry about me, stupid. I told you I can take care of myself. I'm an adult now," I said, "Thank you for caring, though. I'll see you tonight, okay? Bye~"

"Okay, bye, baby. Take care of yourself!" 

After his last sentence, we hung up. I decided to sleep for a bit before hanging out with Tom. I like taking powernaps, as I don't have time to sleep 8 hours at night. I sent my address to Tom and told him to ring the doorbell when he arrived. 

------

I was woken up by my rude alarm clock. I looked at the time and it was almost 6pm, which meant I had an hour to get ready. I decided not to do much to my face, as I felt like this was good enough. It's not like it's a date. I purely went with it to get to know Tom as a person, not as a potential partner. I don't think I am interested in him that way. 

I got up out of bed, decided to brush my teeth, drank some tea, combed my hair and changed into black jeans and a burgundy crop top. I felt like I was ready to go out. I the TV, put on some random show and ate an apple. Now it was time to just wait for Tom. I had the TV on, but was scrolling through Instagram on my phone. I like looking at dogs, food and pretty people.

Just when I wanted to get up and put my jacket on, the doorbell rang. Of course I would be Tom. It was exactly 7pm, and there was no one else I was expecting. I quickly grabbed my jacket, put my phone and wallet in my pocket, and made my way to open the door. Once I opened it, I saw Tom standing in front of it with his phone in his hand. He was wearing a white dress shirt and black jeans. His hair looked nicer than earlier today. 

"Hey! You're looking nice suddenly," I said. I stepped outside, locked the door to my dorm and put my key in my pocket. 

"Thank you, you look really nice too," Tom commented. I laughed and thanked him. "So, where are we heading, Tom?" I asked. He hadn't told me anything about it yet, so I was wondering (like a normal human being would). I do remember he wanted to grab some food and go for a movie afterwards. 

"I was thinking about Japanese food. And afterwards we can see whatever movie you want to see," he said, "Have you ever been to Jinya? It's a ramen bar not too far from our school. There's also a cinema near the restaurant, so that's quite convenient." The name Jinya seemed really familiar to me, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. 

"I think I've heard of Jinya, but I've never been there. Would you mind seeing a scary movie afterwards? I've been dying to see Lights Out," I said. I wasn't planning on seeing a scary movie with him for the sole purpose of getting freaky in the cinema. Like, NO. Not even close. I just very genuinely enjoy scary movies over any other genre. 

"I'm down for Lights Out. Let's go to Jinya first then. Any foods you do not like?" He asked. I started thinking about any food I did not like. I am honestly not picky at all. I eat everything and I barely complain about food I eat. The only times I would complain would be when a restaurant has bad customer service. I absolutely hate that. I don't want any special treatment, don't get me wrong. I just want you to smile and put the food on the table instead of throwing it. That's all. 

"I'm not really picky.. The only things I cannot stand are mayonnaise and olives. One of my favourites is pickles. I can eat a whole jar within half an hour, probably. What do you dislike then?" I asked.

"Ahh, I can't stand mayonnaise either, but I like olives and pickles. I dislike fish, I don't like the taste, I don't like how it tastes like the sea and I don't like the texture."

Just then, I saw a huge sign with the words "JINYA Ramen Bar" in front of us. From the outside, it looked really pretty. I saw cherry blossoms (probably fake). 

"Oh, we're here already," Tom said. I laughed and nodded. I walked in behind him and let him do the talking, just because he was the one that invited me to go to this place. "Do you guys have a table for two?" He asked. The waitress nodded and led us to a table. The table was a round one with a bench on one side and a chair on the other side. I wanted to sit on the bench so that's what I did. 

"Can I get you guys anything to drink?" The waitress asked, pulling out a pen and paper. 

"May I have some jus d'orange?" I asked. The waitress nodded and then looked at Tom. "I'll have a beer," he said. I frowned for one second and then went back to my normal face. The waitress left and Tom looked at me. "You're not going for any alcoholic drinks?" He asked, laughing. 

"No, I don't feel like right now would be the right time for me to drink alcohol. I don't like it in combination with my food either," I said, being  as straight-forward as I always am. I did honestly feel this way. When I drink alcohol, I go all the way. I know, not very good/healthy, but that's how I like to enjoy my alcohol. I drink when I go out to a party, not when I am having dinner. 

"Hmm, that's okay. Anyways, let's look at the menu," he said. He handed me a menu and reached for one for himself. I glanced over the menu and looked at the headings. They had ramen, sushi, okonomiyaki, yakitori and they even had bento boxes with a combination of a few dishes. One particularly got my attention. It was a bentobox with some nigiris, some makis, two temakis, two yakitori and a bowl of ramen. I decided I wanted to go for this one, because I was craving all these things mentioned. 

"I'm taking the mixed bento box," I said, pointing at what I wanted. Meanwhile, Tom was still choosing what he wanted. 

Five minutes had passed by now and this guy still didn't know what he wanted to eat. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind and I'm usually very patient, but the menu is quite limited so there's not THAT much to choose from.. How can you take up to 15 minutes to pick what you want? You could even order a dish from every category. 

"Okay, I think I'm going with what you have. It looks interesting," Tom said. I nodded and was so happy we could finally order, because I was hungry AF. 

I put my hand up, ordered for the both of us and thanked the waitress. Meanwhile, our drinks were already on the table. I find it very interesting to go out to restaurants with someone else. This is when you get to know the person. If the person doesn't thank the waitress when the food arrives or when the drinks are put on the table, it would be a turn-off for me, even with friends. If the person doesn't thank the waiter/waitress that comes to our table to clean it up, it would be a turn-off too. I just feel like you should be nice to the people that bring food to your table. Even though you're paying for it. Their job isn't the easiest job in the world (coming from someone who has worked in multiple restaurants). People can be really mean and unpleasant and you have to find a way to deal with them. 

"So, Aria. How did you and Jungkook meet?" Tom asked. I thought this was kind of odd to ask.. Kind of a strange icebreaker, isn't it....

"Well, we met in college. I've only known him for a year, although it does feel like it's been way longer. We vibed really well together and become best friends pretty quickly. We share a lot of the same interests," I said. Reminiscing about how Jungkook and I met made me feel grateful for him and everyone else I met last year. Without them, I would not be here. 

"That's nice.. but you guys aren't dating?" He asked, giving me another odd question. This feels like an interview.. I didn't even get the chance to ask him a question. 

"No, we're not, we're just really good friends," I answered, somehow quite sad at that fact. That moment, I remembered Jungkook told me to message him about where we were going to eat, so I excused myself and sent him a quick text. I don't like being on my phone during dinner, so I felt really bad about it. Tom didn't seem to mind, fortunately.

"Okay, now let me ask you some questions too. What are your interests? Like, what makes your heart burn with passion?" I asked. I was hoping for him not to say something like 'Oh, I like staying home and watching series', because that is not something that would make your heart and your soul burn with passion and desire. 

"That's an interesting question.. well, my hobby is football, but something that makes my heart burn with passion is.. not football. I.. uh.." This moment I realized he was really struggling to get this out of his mouth. Maybe it's because he was ashamed of it? Maybe he usually doesn't talk to others about this passion of his.

"You can say it, I won't laugh at you or judge you," I said, assuring him it was fine. In no way will I ever judge anyone on their passion. Never.

"Okay.. well, I really enjoy writing."

"Yeah? What do you write about?" I asked, assuring him I was interested.

"I specifically writ to inspire others. I've been through some things, which I might tell you when I am 100% comfortable with you, but those things gave me the drive and urge to write." This answer surprised me so much, I was almost staring into his soul at this moment. It was an answer I would have never expected to come out of his mouth. Despite that, I was so fascinated at this fact.

"Are you okay, Aria? Why aren't you saying anything? Did I just disappoint you? Did you expect me to say something else? Like, does it come off as unmasculine?" His voice died down nearing the end. This is when it clicked. He's scared to come off as unmasculine. It's kind of understandable, because he probably doesn't surround himself with many people that would appreciate writers. 

"No no! Oh my god, don't misunderstand. I'm just really surprised, in a good way. One, because I didn't expect it from you and two, because I love writing too. I usually write about personal stuff and empowering stuff, but I never publish it. I keep it to myself, because I'm not ready to put myself out there yet. I'm not ready for the world to see my self yet." I said. With self I meant all my problems in life, my deepest concerns etc. 

"Really? Like, you're serious? Now I'm the one who's suprised. I barely meet people who enjoy writing. I love it so much I can even transfer my writing skills to school. I honestly enjoy writing essays, especially if you can give your opinion on things. I go out on those," he said, laughing. 

"Me too! Holy ," I replied, flabbergasted at this common interest we had. Writing would be the last thing I thought we would have in common. 

Tom and I were now just staring at each other, both too surprised to utter another word. This fact I just got to know made me see Tom in a totally different light. At first, he came off as quite manly, not because of any stereotypes I have in my head, but because of the way he carried himself. Now, I see him as a pretty, prisoned soul. I don't know enough about him yet to say anything else, but it just seems like he has been wanting to tell someone this thing about himself for a long time. I can kind of relate, because I barely tell people I write. Jungkook barely even knows, because, like I said before, I have never published any of my work online or somewhere else. Jungkook knows I write, but he has never seen one (nor has he asked for it as he respects my privacy). I would feel so if I ever did expose it to someone other than myself. 

"Aria."

"Yes?"

"The more I get to know you, the more interesting you become," Tom said, still holding eyecontact with me. That moment, a waitress came and put down the food. She told us to enjoy our meals, we thanked her at the same time without breaking eyecontact, and that's when the waitress left. Although the food was now in front of our noses, neither of us was moving. 

"You, Tom, are quite special too." That moment, I broke the eyecontact and laughed. "Let's eat and talk, okay?" I said. He agreed and grabbed his chopsticks. I looked at the bento box and the bowl of ramen in front of me and almost started salivating. It looked so neat and good. 

"Are you salivating as much as I am?" Tom said, chuckling and looking up to make eyecontact again.

"I am trying really hard to keep it all in my mouth," I laughed, "If you don't mind, I'm diving in." 

"Go ahead," he smiled, and so I did. I grabbed my chopsticks and took a sip of the ramen broth. It tasted so good I was about to cry. Definitely one of the best I've had here in this country. I've been to Japan once, and ate so much there I barely remember anything. I just know that it was really good. I feel like all ramen places in Japan are great.

I decided to go for the ramen first, and afterwards I would go to my bento box. Tom seemed to go for the same strategy. He did give the sushi with fish on in it to me. There were only 4 left for him, but he didn't mind as he really dislikes fish. I offered to give him mine that had no fish in it, but he rejected my offer.

The rest of dinner, Tom and I talked about school, about our childhood, a little more about writing and what we write about. It's nothing specific that I can mention. I just find him to be a very interesting human being now that I know him better. He could recall one poem he once wrote, which he then decided to recite. It was about his sister and how he could see the pain in her eyes whenever they had dinner with the family. The poem just really described the pain he felt everytime he saw his sister. I don't know the reason behind her pain and his pain, but it must be something quite serious, as this has been going on for a while now.

I was not ready to tell him one of my poems yet, which he was totally fine with. I might open myself up to him in the near future, but now is too soon. 

Dinner ended up taking longer than we expected. By the time we left the restaurant, it was 11.15 PM. The last screening of 'Lights Out' was at 10 PM, so we already missed it. We decided to just go home and watch a movie another time. Tom was nice enough to walk me home, although I told him not to. He knew the path to my dorm was quite scary, as you have to go through a park that's super sketchy. On our way to my dorm, I sent Jungkook a quick text, telling him we were on our way to my dorm. I wasn't sure if he was down to come over at this time, but he told me to text him whenever I was on my way home, so that's what I did. 

"When do you wanna go for the movie?" Tom asked. 

"Hmm, I'm not really sure actually.. I have an assignment due this Thursday, so I do want to dedicate the rest of my week to that deadline," I replied. 

"Ahh, we both have that deadline, don't we?" He chuckled. I nodded. "Let's plan it for another time then. You have my number and we see each other daily, so it should be fine," he laughed. 

"That's true, so no need to rush, right?" I said. He agreed and we were nearing my building. 

"You want me to walk you up to your door?" Tom asked. I thought for one second, but didn't see the purpose in that. Plus, walking up these stairs isn't dangerous, so I should be fine.

"It's fine, I just have to walk up the stairs and that's it. Go home, Tom. I had a really good time. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" I gave him a hug and waved at him while walking away.

"I had the loveliest dinner ever, thank you. I'll see you tomorrow, Aria!" He said. I opened the gate to my building with my keys and walked up the stairs. I thought about dinner and it made me quite happy. I was so glad I finally made a friend who has common interests as I do. It's different from the friendship I have with Jungkook. Jungkook and I just vibe really well together and we can talk about everything and anything. Besides that, I can totally be myself 100% without being ashamed or embarrassed. Tom and I share the same interest, making it a different type of friendship. I've never had this before, so it's quite new.

I approached the door to my dorm, stuck the key in the keyhole and turned it to open the door. Once I was inside, I took my shoes off, along with my jacket. Instead of changing my clothes, I just lay down and looked at the ceiling. After a good ten minutes of staring at the ceiling, I decided to turn on the TV. I put on a random show and watched it. Halfway in, I heard the doorbell. I went to the little device I had on the wall, looked at the person in front of my building's entrance and opened the door for that person with one simple button. The door downstairs would open, allowing that person in. Once they were in and walked up to my door, rang the doorbell again, I could open the door to my actual dorm.

Not even a minute later and my doorbell rang. I peeped through the hole to make sure it was Jungkook, and it was. I opened the door and gave him a big hug when I saw him. His face was so happy and I remembered how much I had missed him. 

"How are you doing, baby?" Jungkook asked while wrapping his arms around my waist and lifting me up. I immediately melted at the word 'baby'. I don't know why he always calls me baby or babe, but I do know that it makes my heart beat faster than I think it can. I call him babe once in a blue moon, but that's unknowingly. Afterwards, I always think "Why the did I say that?"

"I'm doing great," I said, while letting go of the hug. I let him come inside and closed the door behind him. "I had fun with Tom, he's super nice," I said. The moment I said that, his face dropped. I tried not to react to this, so I just lay down on my bed and told him to lie down next to me, so he did. 

"Tell me about it," Jungkook said. I lay my head on his stomach and turned sideways so I was facing him. He started playing with my hair, and I almost fell to sleep. It was so soothing and comforting. 

"Well, we went out for dinner at this Japanese restaurant called Jinya and we were planning on going to Lights Out afterwards, but dinner went on for too long, so we couldn't do that. Anyways, I got to know a few things about him and we have one big thing in common. We both have a passion for writing, which I didn't expect, coming from him. Besides that, we vibed really well together and he walked home with me, so that was really nice." All this time, I was paying close attention to Jungkook's face. He occasionally frowned, but then went back to his pokerface real quick. 

"But Jungkook, I don't understand why you told me he wasn't a good guy. It's not like I'm gonna date him. This is just friendly from my side."

"That's the thing, Aria.. you think this is friendly, but I am 100% sure he has other intentions behind it. He's not someone who goes out for dinner with a girl he just wants to be friends with. He's trying to win your trust like this first," Jungkook said. I was pretty disappointed in everything he said. How can he say something like that about his friend? He knows I just want a friendship out of this whole thing. I am not trying to date Tom, AT ALL. I already have my eyes set on someone else... who probably doesn't feel the same, because what the . Why would he like me as something more?

"Jungkook, I honestly did not know you could talk about someone else like that. You know I wouldn't do anything I wouldn't want to do. I'm not trying to date him, okay? I have zero interest in dating Tom."

"But Aria! There's no such thing as just friends between a guy and a girl for Tom! He definitely wanted to go on a date with you, but because you said you weren't looking for a relationship, he's acting like he isn't either. I ing promise you, he's after you. Just wait," Jungkook said. He was raising his voice and was now sitting. I was now standing and facing Jungkook, while he was sitting, facing me. It was scaring me a bit, because Jungkook and I don't usually fight. We bicker a lot, but that's usually about nothing. He also never raises his voice at me in an angry manner.

"Jeon Jungkook, don't ing raise your voice at me. I don't understand what you're so mad at? I just told you, I'm not gonna do anything I don't want to do. I don't want to date or be in a relationship with Tom, not even a little bit. What the are you so mad about? I just grabbed some dinner with him, talked about life and that's all. I didn't jump in bed with him? And even if I did, why would that concern you? The ?"

I saw the frustration on Jungkook's face. Like he wanted to say something but couldn't. 

"Okay, you want to know why it concerns me? Why I don't want you to hang out with him? Why I act like I even have the audacity to do all this?"

"Yes, Jungkook, ing tell me," I said, getting mad too. When I get mad, I start cussing, which I normally don't do.

Jungkook let out a sigh and calmed himself down. He closed his eyes for a bit and looked me in the eye. I saw his anger had disappeared. However,  "Sit down first, please," he said, patting the spot in front of him. I sighed and did as told. I don't know what I was feeling in the moment. I was just really confused and tired. 

"Talk," I said. Jungkook let out another sigh and ruffled his hair. 

"Okay.. but don't take it too seriously. I am still confused too, and I don't want to affect our friendship, because you mean too much to me for me to lose you."

"You're making me nervous, Jungkook. Just talk, stop beating around the bush, oh my god." 

Jungkook's face started to turn red and he was fidgeting with his hands. This made me more nervous than before, because Jungkook rarely gets nervous. He's always very confident.

When he started talking, his voice was trembling too. "Aria, I've liked you for a while now..  But don't take it too seriously! As I said, I don't want anything to ruin our friendship. I really can't lose you."

My mouth fell open and I somehow could not utter a word. I wanted to scream back, but my body didn't let me say anything else. I wanted to tell him how much I like him. I wanted to tell him how I've been wanting to kiss him everytime I saw his face. I wanted to tell him how he was the person that was on my mind for 70% of the time. I wanted to tell him how much I appreciate him as my best friend. And I wanted to tell him how much I want him to be more than my best friend.

"Ehh.. Aria?"

"Huh? Oh! Sorry.. I was just thinking for a second," I answered. I hadn't decided how to tell him I liked him too. 

"About? Can you help me be less nervous? I am ing sweating," Jungkook said, uncomfortably laughing afterwards. He looked down at his fidgeting hands and it looked so cute to me. I've never seen Jungkook this nervous. Never.

Seeing him so fragile softened my heart. I reached for his face and forced him to look me in the eyes. "Jungkook, there is honestly nothing you have to worry about. I've liked you for a pretty long time now. I can't believe you would think I would date Tom. You have been the only one on my mind for months."

Jungkook's eyes went wide immediately. Now it was his turn to hold my face, "Really? You sure?" I nodded and laughed at how cute he was. "Aria.. would you like to be my girlfriend then?" 

I smiled the biggest smile I had ever smiled. "Jungkook, I would LOVE to be your girlfriend," I said, still smiling. Jungkook was about to go for a kiss, but I stopped him.

"What?" He asked, sounding a bit nervous again.

"I didn't get to ask if you wanted to be my boyfriend," I chuckled. "Jeon Jungkook, would you like to be my boyfriend?" We both had the biggest smile on and I couldn't be happier. 

"Aria, I thought you were going to say you weren't ready for a relationship yet, but I would LOVE to be your boyfriend. Now come here," he said, grabbing me by the chin and going in for a kiss. This time, I didn't stop him. I never understood what people meant with fireworks when they kissed, but I could almost see the fireworks around us when our lips touched. My heart was going crazy and it was hard for me to stop smiling. His lips were so soft and it felt like we fit together perfectly. 

I was now straddling him, still kissing, until he pulled away.

"I love you, so much. Now every babe I say actually has meaning to it," he said, pulling me in for another kiss.

After that, we kissed for another while. We eventually pulled away at the exact same moment and looked each other in the eyes. I rolled over and lay next to him, with my head on his chest. 

"That took an unexpected turn," I said, laughing. Who would've thought this would come out of us fighting? Who would've thought that my night would end like this after going out for dinner with Tom? 

"I'm so glad that happened. I've been dying to tell you how much I like you, but could never find the right time. In the end, I'm quite thankful you went on that little date with Tom and we fought because of that. Now you're finally mine," Jungkook said. 

"You're cheesy, can you please stop that, sir?" I laughed. He rolled his eyes and shook his head. He gave me a kiss on top of my head and exhaled. I could sense he was smiling without even looking. What a cheeseball. 

"I love you a ton, but I'm going to change and then sleep. So, goodnight, sir," I said. I got up and was heading for the bathroom, but he pulled me back by my arm. I turned around and gave him a deathglare. 

"What, Jungkook?"

"Give me a kiss first," he said. I rolled my eyes and gave him a peck on the lips. "Can I go now?" I asked. He nodded and let go of my hand. I went into the bathroom, brushed my teeth and changed into pajamas; a top and some loose shorts. When I came out, Jungkook was taking off his shirt and looking for his pair of shorts he left here. 

"It's on the desk chair," I said, pointing at the chair in the corner of my room. He saw it, dropped his pants and put the shorts on. I was used to the fact that he slept shirtless, so it didn't really bother or faze me. I jumped in bed and rolled over to the right side of the bed. This has always been my side, and Jungkook lies on the left side of the bed all the time. 

"Come closer, Aria," Jungkook said, spreading his arms. I laughed and rolled over into his arms. He hugged me tight and gave me one last peck on the lips. 

"Goodnight, my baby," he said. 

"Goodnight, loser," I replied. He chuckled and softly drew circles on my back. His touch made me feel vulnerable, but at the same time, I felt like I was a diamond. I felt like I was deserving of the whole world, though I did feel like Jungkook was my world.