Final

A letter for you

[Chapter 1]

 

It was a really nice weather. Chaeyoung can't help herself but to smile after realizing that everything was going how she wanted it to be. Chaeyoung looked at the backseat of her car.

 

Bouquet of flowers. Check.

 

Chocolates. Check.

 

Tickets for CNBlue concert. Check.

 

Speech to say to Mina. Check.

 

Chaeyoung smiled once again. It's been almost a week since she last talked with Mina and half of her just can't help but feel giddy with finally seeing the girl again. The other half? Nervous as . Maybe because if their last meeting was not all fighting then everything would've been better.

 

Chaeyoung sighed after remembering the last time she saw her girlfriend, she remembered how jealous Mina was after seeing her with her ex. She remembered how Mina cried a lot. She remembered how she turned the matter worse when she gave Mina a cold shoulder.

 

"You're overreacting, Mina. Will just ing loosen up a bit!?", Chaeyoung fumed in anger. She just got home from a very painful meeting with her ex and a jealous Mina is the last thing she needs.

 

"I-I--", Mina stuttered. It was the first seeing Chaeyoung this angry and the first hearing her curse.

 

Chaeyoung sighed, "Will you leave? I need some time alone."

 

It was actually 99.9% her fault that they haven't met for that long. Chaeyoung was very immature. Not wanting to say sorry first, not until Nayeon knocked off some senses into her saying:

"Instead of ignoring Mina, why don't you just call her and say sorry because the way I see it, from each day you ignore her, its seems like you're teaching Mina how to live without you. And I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want her to learn that."

The other 0.01% was because neither did Mina.

 

"You can do this, Chaeyoung.", she said to herself.

 

It was actually her first time doing this because Mina was usually the one saying sorry first. It actually made her more guilty when she realized just how much she took Mina for granted a lot of times. Don't get her wrong. Chaeyoung loves Mina. She just doesn't know how relationships and works. Mina was just her second girlfriend, anyway.

 

Her thoughts were cut off by the sound of her car door opening and closing after a figure went in.

 

Chaeyoung can't help but smile seeing Mina sitting perfectly on her passenger seat, "Hi baby."

 

"Hey.", Mina replied back.

 

Chaeyoung almost frowned after not hearing 'babe' from her girlfriend but shook it off not wanting to ruin the mood.

 

Chaeyoung went to reach the flowers from the back seat and gave it to Mina, "I need to tell you something."

 

Mina sighed looking at flower seriously, "I also have something to tell you, Chaeyoung."

 

Although hesitant, Chaeyoung just awkwardly laughed it off. "Ok. You go, first."

 

And Mina did.

 

But Chaeyoung suddenly heard nothing but white noise. Just a very painful white noise. A white noise that seemed like choking and squeezing her heart.

 

"Say it again.", Chaeyoung managed to ask.

 

Mina sighed, "Chaeyoung, please--"

 

"No! I asked you to say it again.", tears were threatening to fall from her eyes. She was looking at her car's windshield.

 

"Let's break up." Mina said again and this time it was clearer for Chaeyoung.

 

She felt clogging up again, "What? Why?"

 

Instead of answering, Mina gave her a letter, "I'm sorry, Chaeyoung. I just think I've already given you everything that I can offer. Maybe it's time to finally give some for myself."

 

That was the last thing Mina said before walking out of the car leaving the flowers lie on the passenger seat that is seemingly mocking Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung was looking directly at the letter Mina gave her with so much hatred but still opened it.

 

Dear Chaeyoungie,

 

If ever you're reading this now, then I've probably said those words already. I'm sorry. That's all I wanted to say. I just wanted to say sorry. It was heartless for me to decide just like that but I just think that I've been letting my heart decide for too long, and that it's finally time for my mind to do so.

 

I just wanted to give my heart a rest after hurting it so much from loving you. Am I being harsh? I just wanted to be honest, loving you was really the hardest thing I've ever done in my entire life. I know it's my fault, I loved someone who was still stuck with her first love. I knew we would somehow end up like this but still made it happen, now I'm facing the consequences.

 

Did you know how much I really envied Tzuyu? She managed to get your heart easily, something I could never do.

 

Chaeyoung felt her heart throb in pain. How could she let Mina feel that way? How could she let Mina think she's not enough? How could she?

 

Remember the day you said yes when I asked you to be my girlfriend? That was the best day of my life. Maybe I just didn't think that maybe it could also be the worst. I thought you finally learned to love me, I guess not. I guess you were just looking for someone to be there for you.

 

Chaeyoung's tears already started falling after that sentence. She cried because it was true. She cried because she never really meant to love Mina back. But now that she does, everything went downslope. Mina left her.

 

I love you Son Chaeyoung. I really do but love isn't always enough for a relationship to stay alive. Especially when only one person is truely inlove. And, I want you to know that I'm not mad, instead I'm happy for the both of us. We're finally free from each other.

 

I hope we both find the person who will truely---

 

Chaeyoung crumpled the paper even before she could finish reading it and went out of the car to try and find Mina but before she could even take one step, Mina was already out of sight. Chaeyoung stood there in the middle of the crowd looking so lost, with tears-stained face. She stood there looking for the girl she loves while listening to her heart break.

 

_____________________________________________

 

(A/N:) Hello everyone. So, if some of you have read my on-going work "Dance Story", I am really sorry to tell you that I might not update it yet. Why? This story explains it all, I could say that this story is based on a true story. It's mine. Hahaha idk anymore. I just want to tell you that Dance Story is a fluff story and if I continue on updating it, I might turn it into an angst and I really wouldn't want that to happen.

 

So, instead, please enjoy(?) this trash? I'm sorry if I had to make it like this, but i hope you'll like it. Maybe, I'll post another one-shot later. We'll never know.