Chapter One: 1/3

The Wait is Over

 

 


Cha Hakyeon took a breath, starring at all the people gathered around to see him. The last time he saw this many people was when his mother called the family to visit his dance recital when he was about five. But, here he was watching the awaiting eyes for the preformance of his life. To get into this school of arts, and make his family proud.

"-Introducing Dancer Cha Hakyeon, with Nearly 20 years of dancing experience, he will be sure to make an impression upon the judges".

Hakyeon bowed to the judges as the audience cheered. He grabbed the blindfold and tied it around his eyes and faced the other direction.

Then, Cha Hakyeon preformed the blindfold dance, that he choreographed, that he spent so many sleepless nights and long days creating. He just let loose, all of the stress he was feeling before left him as he preformed.

When he finished he panted and removed the blindfold, and turned around. The audience was silent, the judges silent. He bit down on his lip. Hoping to god, that the entire dance he put so much work into wasn't worth in the long run.

Then the audience roared in applause and whistle. The judges lookes back and forth before speaking finally. "That was the best preformance I have ever seen..". One of them said and clapped for him.

Nevertheless, Hakyeon got into the school.

And now, Hakyeon was face to face with this bewildering idiot who looked like the only reason he got into the school because his daddy was the dean or something. The idiots name was Wonshik.

"So, yeah that's how I got into the school..", Hakyeon said and took a breath, "How did you get here?".

Wonshik laughed, "I am a high class poet..". He said sarcastically and laughed, "Nah, I'm not like the snobby rich kids here, I am a rapper.."

When Cha Hakyeon first listened to Hip Hop music his mother came in and slapped him and unplugged it.
Then, once she saw his dancing she stopped minding it much, though she still hated it.

"You must be a good rapper if you made it here..", he said and laughed a bit. Wonshik laughed a bit too, "Well..how about I buy us some lunch?..".

Hakyeon was hungry.

"Sounds great..", Hakyeon said and set the suitcase against the wall. "I'll introduce you to my friends.. That way you know, you won't be stuck with only me..". Wonshik said and looked down. Hakyeon wanted to ask why he seemed so down but he ignored him and kept walking.

When they approached the table Wonshik gestured Hakyeon towards the two people at the table already, "That's Hongbin, He is the dean's son..". Hakyeon stared, "He's beautiful..". Wonshik laughed, "yeah, beautiful piece of picasso..", he said sarcastically, "The one hung onto him like a tree monkey is Hyuk..he is the youngest person to ever get into this school, only because his mediocre dancing, and his father is close to the dean..".

Hakyeon nodded and Wonshik took him to the table, "Manhyuk, BingBong..This is Cha Hakyeon, he is one of the 20 middle year audition acceptees". Hakyeon bowed to them.

"No need to be formal hyung sit.."., Hyuk said and wriggled his cute nose, Hakyeon sat across from Hongbin who looked him up and down as if he were examining him for rabies or something. "Nice to meet you I'm Lee Hongbin, and please ignore our Ravi..He's an idiot..'. "Ravi?..", Hakyeon said confused looking around the lunch area. It was huge, an array of things to eat. "Yeah, we gave him that name", Hyuk said, "Oh! Forgive me! I'm Han Sanghyuk..", "but I'm known as Hyuk..".

"Oh.., I'm..well once again, Cha Hakyeon...".He smiled at them and pat each one individually on the head. "It's nice to meet you..".

Wonshik admired how cute that was with a laugh. "People normally shake hands".

"Well, I normally pat heads....", Hakyeon laughed aswell and sat down next to Ravi.

They spent their lunch period jist talking about the various classes, "I'm taking singing and voice training..", Hyuk said, "I'm not that good but I'm making progress..".

"Honey, don't be ridiculous, You sound amazing to me..", Hongbin said and pat his head, making him blush. The compliment was followed by awkward silence.

Hakyeon cleared his throat, "I'm taking a bunch of dance classes, introduction to hip hop, introduction to interpretive, Ballet 101, Broadway.., the whole shabang..". He said and laughed a bit.

When Hakyeon found out he was gay, he didn't tell his parents, all he said to his mom was, 'I really don't want children'. They were still upset but not as upset. He just isn't in the right mindset to tell them. He bet Hongbin wasn't either.
--pause Hakyeon--
--begin Keo--

"Come on you have to let me try!", Jaehwan screamed, "Let me in please! I'm not gunna let you down!".

Jaehwan was a dirt poor 23 year old, no job, no home. He slept wherever deamed fit. He favorite place to sleep was on campus of this school, in an abandonned practice room no one uses anymore. The only thing Jaehwan thinks he can do to make his big break is dance. He practices for hours on end.

He needed to get into this school he needed to be here. This is the only option he has left. And this option, is being thrown in the trash because he looks talentless.

"Please!".

The door slammed in his face, if Jaehwan still had tears to cry. He'd be crying.

"And who are you?".

He jumped, "I'm sorry I'm leaving..".

The other male grabbed him, "Whats your name?".

"Ken..", he said off the top of his head and pulled his arm back, "What's it to you?"

"I'm Taekwoon, and I saw you were trying to get into the auditions..", he said, ignoring Jaehwan's sly comment.

"Yeah, What's it to you?", he repeated and tried to leave but the others grip got tighter, "What's your talent?".

"Dancin' now let go",
"Show me".

"I would love to stay and chit chat richie rich but I gotta go..", he tried to leave again, but the others grip was way too tight.

"Insults? I'm only trying to be nice, maybe if you show me your talent, I can get you in for an audition", Taekwoon said and laughed a bit, letting go of the other.

Jaehwan his teeth, again up to the wealthy, even though he barely knew this guy, it was an opportunity he couldn't miss.

"Alright sheesh..", he said and rubbed his arm, "I'll take you to the place i feel more comfortable..".

Taekwoon kept a serious face and walked with him to the abandoned dance room, watching Jaehwan pick the lock and walk in. He followed after not even worried about suspicions.

"Just sit over there by the old piano..", Jaehwan said and removed his jacket.

Taekwoon obeyed and sat and Jaehwan began his routine, while he tapped his foot in counts of eight.

When Jaehwan finished, "Whaddya think..", came out his mouth.

Taekwoon bluntly said, "It's mediocre..", causing Jaehwan to get mad a bit, "Hey, if you're gunna be rude you can can it and leave money bags".

Taekwoon blinked, "You are a very sarcastic, immature person, with mediocre dance, and can't take constructive criticism", "and you expect that the judges will let you in JFAD?".

Jaehwan clicked his teeth, "man whatever just go..".

When Taekwoon stood up he knocked some papers off the piano, "What's this?".

Jaehwan ran over to pick them up, "songs..".

"You sing?".

"It's mediocre..", Jaehwan said and laughed.

"Can hear your song?", Taekwoon asked.

Jaehwan sighed and sat at the piano, "this is the first time I'm singing for anyone..so I'm sorry of you get disappointed".

He startes of with a simple yet nice piano intro then he sang his first note, as soon as he heard that note, his body erupted in goosebumps, he closed his eyes and sapped in that beautiful voice.

With every word Jaehwan sang, Taekwoon wanted more, and when the song ended he snapped back to his normal serious posture.

"That was..", he began ans coughed a bit, "The most beautiful singing I have ever heard in a long time..", "That is what will get you in this school..".
-------end---

"Who's that?..", Hakyeon pointed, "he's really handsome!"
Wonshik rolles his eyes, "Don't loose yourself, he's a second year like you, his name is Jung Taekwoon..and unfortunately he does not float the way of , that dude is surrounded by women 24/7, but here is the catch, he doesn't even talk to them he just walks through them..".

"Yeah, he's strange, all out creepy, the man gives me the heebie jeebies..", Hyuk said and pretended to shiver.

"He doesn't look that bad...", Hakyeon said and looked at him. Taekwoon shot him back an 'if looks could kill" face, and N challenged that with a wave, causing Taekwoon to smile a bit and continue walking.

The others gawked at him, "What. All I did was say hi, the man is a big teddy bear..".

"Well, you're a character", Ravi said and laughed.

When the first class bell rang, Hakyeon stood up and bowed thanking them for the good time and took off, his first class was introduction to hip hop dance. His personal favorite. When he walked in one of the guys ran over and clapped, "I saw your preformancs it was a maze ing! I'm Lee Chanhee, but most call me Chunji!", he said exitedly and shook his hand, Hakyeon shook his hand back ans smiled, "Thank you Chunji..". Chunji happily smiled, "I'll introduce you to the others.."

He pulled Hakyeon over to the people in a group stretching, "hey guys we have a half point, this is Cha Hakyeon, Hakyeon, this is Kibum, we call him Key, Luhan or LuLu, Taemin or Min, Jongin or Kai, and last but not least Changhyun, or Ricky..".

Hakyeon smiled, he bowed, "Hello everyone it's nice to meet you..".

Key smiled, "Oh, honey no need to bow, You're cute as hell, I mean like honestly can I adopt you?..". This made the others laugh, "Please, don't let Kibum fool you, usually he hates people, but I dont know whats gotten into him today though..", "Oh Posh Chunji..", Key said and laughed, "Jonghyun got into me today..".

Chunji groaned in annoyance, "does blingbling know you exist?". Key scoffed, "He asked me for a pencil earlier and I replied with a yes, we are tooootally going to date don't you worry..". Key laughed and smiled and turned his attention to Hakyeon. "I saw you with Ravi earlier, you got your eye on him".

At that moment Hakyeon burst out in laughter, "Hell no, that guy is an idiot, never ever..". Hakyeon smiled, "But he is a great guy, so he's a friend of mine..". Key raised an eye brow and went to the wall lifting his leg up doing a split and stretching. "Oookay..".

After that class started and Hakyeon was doing rather well and he went out afterwords, setting out to find his dorm. The dorm rooms were very large here, but the never ending hallway with many turns sorta scared him. He saw a guy at the end of the hallway, he gulped and kept on walking, "Hey babe..", the man said after Hakyeon walked passed, "come on don't walk away..". He pushed Hakyeon against a wall, "hang out with me..". This guy was obviously piss drunk. "No..get off..". The guy didnt take that as an answer, "no no no let's change this up..you ARE coming to my place..". Hakyeon began to shake, he was truly terrified.

"Hey you!"

Hakyeon gulped and looked to see Ravi, "Get the hell off him before I kick your !". The guy sneered and looked at Wonshik, "Make me..". Ravi walked over there without an emotion, and punched the guy in the face, taking Hakyeons hand and running with him. "Whats your dorm number..", he said while running Hakyeon trailed a little behind and answered, "205-a". Ravi laughed a bit, "That's my dorm! Aren't you lucky?" When they approached the dorm Wonshik opened the door and pulled Hakyeon inside the dorm.