All I Want For Christmas Is You.

All I Want For Christmas Is You (Infinite; MyungSoo/SungYeol; PG-13)

 


'Wait... Wait! WAIT!' Shouted SungYeol as Hoya started to walk back home 'Hyung wait for meeee!'
Hoya sighed, and stopped.
'What...AGAIN?'
'I need help for my essay in philosophy... Pleaaaaase!
'SungYeol... How could I help you with YOUR essay, when I'm not even done with mine? And I already have to help WooHyun too... You know what?! Go to the library, do some research... Do it by yourself FOR ONCE! Jeez!'
Hoya turned away, and disappeared at the far end of the street. Leaving SungYeol alone in the cold night. Well... Late evening. Night is only because it's in the middle of winter.
'Library? Me... In the library? REALLY...' He mumbled on his way back to the main building of the university.

That was an unusual sight. Lee SungYeol in the library. And for the first time in his life, He cursed himself to be the 'quite famous' guy he was. Of course he was FAR less 'famous' than WooHyun or Hoya, but he had his own share.
He glanced around. All the tables were already taken. And he really didn't want to share a table... Well at least not the goo goo eyes from half of the girls in the library. So he just walked at the farest end from the entry. Hoping that there were going to be less people. Or at least, people who were actually here to study. Really studying.
The last table was nearly empty. Just 2 boys who seemed totally immerged in their books, not even bothering to look up when he sat at the other end of the table.


He opened his books and start studying. Well he tried. He really did try. Very very hard. But it was winter, and Christmas was coming. And there were at least a millions things far more interesting than a philosophic essay.
 His head made a strange sound when colliding with the table. It actually did hurt much more than they let it seems in dramas.
'Sunbae-nim... are you alright?' a soft voice, high pitched, asked. Probably another girl.
He groaned, and looked up. Okay. It wasn't a girl. But it could be too. Soft features, big round eyes.
'I'm fine' He mumbled, rubbing his eyes.
The younger smiled widely.
'I'm Lee SungJong. Nice to meet you!
'Uh... Nice to meet you... I'm SungYeol. Lee SungYeol.
'Hyung do you want anything? I'm going to get something to drink...
SungYeol glanced at the other boy at the table, who had lifted his head from his books. Watching SungJong carefully.
'Uh... Well... A coffee?
'Great. I'll be back soon Hyung!

Okay. Who was this boy, and what was he doing here when he looked 15 years old? SungYeol had no idea.
'Do you know him?' He asked to the other boy.
'Yes. He's my neighbor.
'Oh... So he's not a student here! I'm not totally crazy... he's too young...
'Well... he is actually.

SungYeol stared at the other for a moment.
'What? But... he's... What... 15?
The other chuckled.
'SungJong's 18. It's his first year in college.
SungYeol thumped his head on the table for the 2nd time.
'Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh........ I feel so old now.

SungJong came back with a coffee and 2 cans of soda for himself and the other boy.

'SungYeol Hyung, this is my neighbor MyungSoo Hyung! He's one year older than me... He's a bit weird, but really nice.
MyungSoo snorted, and went back to his books. SungJong smiled. And soon SungYeol forgot about his own essay. Talking with the younger, being far more interesting.

He had to worked whole night for 3 nights in a row to be able to finish his essay in time.

Now that he had met SungJong, he saw him everywhere. SungJong was in his first year of fashion design, and had been quickly adopted by some older students who all found he had a great style.
'I swear this guy is born to be a designer!' had said KiBum better known as Key, one of SungYeol's friends, over lunch.
'Uh... If you say so.
'I'm actually thinking of having him featuring on my fashion show for Christmas.
He nodded. Key stared at him for a moment.
'WHAT?
'You didn't forget I asked you to pose for me too... right?
There was a small silence, followed quickly by the sound of SungYeol's head dropping on the table. He groaned.
'I did... Sorry.
Key sighed, and stood up.
'I got to go. Just be sure to be here on Saturday evening.

He managed to remember the repetition on Saturday night, only because he had asked Hoya about it, and the older had, before leaving for practice, left notes everywhere in their shared flat. He felt grateful. Hoya could be a brat, but he was nice. When he wasn't with WooHyun. That was the worst moments ever. He even tried to avoid the nights when WooHyun was coming over. Not wanting to spend an evening being teased, and annoyed by their stupid jokes, and greasy behavior towards each other.

He spotted Key quite easily. There weren't 2 boys wearing pink tight pants, with a black large T-Shirt, and blond hair. Nope.
SungJong was here too. They were talking together, fixing some outfits.
'Oh Hyung!
'SungJong-ah!
'I'm so happy you're here! MyungSoo's somewhere too...
'Oh he's here too? Key didn't tell me...
'Well, he wasn't supposed to be here at first, but one of the models was sick, so he got his place.

SungYeol nodded, and walked to Key. They had fittings to do after all.

The clothes were great. All comfy and winter things. Key had done a great job. Well it was a Christmas collection. He spent most of his time talking -bickering- with SungJong, while MyungSoo was sleeping on a couch, and Key was doing the last adjustments of the remaining outfits.

D-day was the last day before Christmas holidays. It wasn't a real catwalk, or anything. Just a little stage where they were going to walk twice, to present the outfits the students, and the board of examiners.
They all had fun.

'Hyung! We're going to eat something with MyungSoo Hyung, and some other friends... Do you want to come? PLEASE?
SungYeol thought for a while, but SungJong's imitation of puppy eyes were too hard to resist.
'Well... Why not... But I have 2 of my friends waiting for me... I should just tell them that I'm not going with them.
' They can come too! The more we are, the best it is!
SungYeol laughed, and nodded.

He didn't know if proposing to Hoya & WooHyun to come along was a good idea. Because, the moment they all sat in the restaurant, with 2 other friends of SungJong...WooHyun started teasing him and then Hoya joined, and MyungSoo looked at him with his 'I-know-I-am-weird-but-you-are-a-desperate-case' look, and SungYeol knew he shouldn't have bring them.
SungJong's friends were nice though. That's why he moved next to them, avoiding WooHyun's next attack on him. DongWoo was always laughing, and smiling, saying all sort of stupid stuff. Nice stuff. SungGyu was the oldest of them all, and he had such little eyes, that SungYeol wondered how he could see. But they were nice, and SungGyu actually had pretty good conversation.

Going to the karaoke after dinner was WooHyun idea. All bad things are WooHyun ideas. But everyone seemed really excited. SungGyu had immediately agreed, and so DongWoo had said he wouldn't mind some singing either. And... Yeah. That's how they had all ended up in a karaoke room, with SungGyu and WooHyun having a duet hoping to prove they're the best.

'What are you doing for Christmas?
SungYeol jumped, surprised by MyungSoo's voice close to his ear.  He glanced at the younger. MyungSoo looked bored. Really bored.
'Me? I... I don't know... Why?
‘Just thought that maybe we could hang out together if you didn't have anything planned.
'Christmas... It's a couple day. You know that?

MyungSoo raised his eyebrow, and stared at him.
'And?
'Well... Uh...
SungYeol could feel himself heating up. He was probably blushing as hell.
'You want me to go out with you. On Christmas?
'Yes. I don't see anyone else around I could ask.
'O...Okay. Why not.

He had agreed because... Because MyungSoo had been too close, and his voice had been too low, and everything had just been too much. Why did he agree anyway? He didn't even know MyungSoo more than that. And they hadn't even meet, or seen each other, except for the day at the karaoke. And that was only because they weren't alone. So what was he actually going to do on Christmas evening, with MyungSoo? Alone with MyungSoo.

 

'What are you doing?!
'Nothing.
'Yeah, I can see that. But why You? Lee SungYeol, known as choding boy, or the childiest person on earth. Why aren't you doing anything?
'I'm not doing nothing. I'm drinking Hot chocolate with marshmallow, eating cookies that WooHyun Hyung left yesterday -although I think they were for you- and I'm watching Love Actually. I'm not doing nothing.

Hoya raised his eyebrow, and walked to the kitchen. Making himself a hot chocolate before sitting beside SungYeol on the couch.
'I know it's Christmas soon. And that's it winter. And it's cold outside... And all that makes you seriously emotional. blah blah blah. But seriously. What’s wrong?
SungYeol sighed.
'MyungSoo asked me to go out with him on Saturday evening. And I said yes.
Hoya stared at him.
'And?
'Well... I don't even know him. And Christmas evening is for couple date. It probably means something right? Does it mean he wants to date me? But I don't even know him... And...
'Woah SungYeol stop!

He stared at Hoya with wide eyes.
'What?
'Stop asking yourself so many questions for god sake... What is wrong with that? I mean... He asked you out, he seems to be a right guy, and you're just going to enjoy your evening. No need to freak out about that.
'Easy to say it...
'Uh... I think I know well enough about creepy guys ok. I'm stuck with Nam WooHyun in case you forgot. And that's creepy EVERY DAY.

SungYeol laughed.
'Well... you choose it.
'Right. Anyway... Stop moping around like that... It's really no appealing. At all.
SungYeol shoved him in the shoulder. And they laughed. Cliché.

Christmas was really the time of the year he liked the most. The streets were crowded, and everyone was busy trying to find a perfect present. There were lights everywhere in town. Green and red. Trees with Christmas decorations. And snow. And Coffee Shops all had special prices, and special drinks. And that was perfect.

He decided that he would be late. Not a lot. Maybe 10 minutes. Just to be sure he wouldn't be here first.
MyungSoo was already there wearing black coat, and a big brown scarf. He was blowing small puffs of air. Visibly bored. His face lighted up when he saw SungYeol coming.
'Sorry I'm late...
'It's ok. As long as you're here.
He chuckled, and MyungSoo smiled. It did feel great.

MyungSoo had some presents to buy. And SungYeol followed him. Giving advices. And getting stunned most of the time by MyungSoo choices. Not that they were bad. It was just...MyungSoo.
'Want to go drink a coffee?

MyungSoo had this ability to... read in him? Kind of weird. He knew what kind of coffee SungYeol liked, what muffin he liked (Apple-Cinnamon), where he would prefer to sit in the coffee (near the glass to look at people outside), how many sugar he took with his coffee (one and a half).
'Why did you ask me to spend the evening with you?
'Uh? Because I wanted to...
MyungSoo replied as if it was the most normal thing in the world. SungYeol sighed, and focused on his coffee.
'You know... I don't get why you ask yourself so many questions about it. I mean... I wanted to spend time with you. That's why I asked you out. I don't see the big deal about it. And even if we don't know each other well... We still have to start somewhere right? We can just jump from not knowing each other at all, to knowing the other perfectly. That's why we're here. To get to know each other.
SungYeol nodded, and smiled shyly to the younger. He had overthought everything. Just as Hoya had said it.

They spent a great evening. Wandering in the streets, mocking some people, entering chic and expensive shop just to see, buying waffles from a little stand in the street. They visited the Christmas market. SungYeol fell in love with a little reindeer plush, and MyungSoo bought it for him. He blushed, and MyungSoo laughed. He said it was because of the cold temperature. MyungSoo never believed him.

They parted to the subway station. MyungSoo flashed him a bright smiled, and waved at him, running to catch his train.
On his way back home, SungYeol listened to his Christmas's song selection, and smiled like an idiot. WooHyun was at home. Watching a weird movie with Hoya. But SungYeol didn't even register anything the older said. He just sat with them and watched the end of the movie too. Because it actually was way better than he had expected.

His phone buzzed in his pocket.

From: MyungSoo
To: SungYeol

'Did you reach home safely??
Had a really good evening with you :)
I hope we can do that sometime again, that would be great ^^~'

From: SungYeol
To: MyungSoo

'Home, Safe & Sound ^^ You?
Me too, it was more fun that I had expected ;)
Well, we have all holidays to hang out together... What about going to the outdoor ice-rink on Monday? Should we bring the other too?'

From: MyungSoo
To: SungYeol

'Home too. There was a weird guy in the subway though... :/
Sounds like a plan. Why not? I'm sure it could be fun ^^'

 

That's how they all ended up to the outdoor ice rink, at 6pm (because Hoya had insisted that he had practice until then, which actually got cancelled and resulted on WooHyun coming to their apartment, and SungYeol mentally breaking-down at 3pm).
It was fun. Real fun. DongWoo fell a lot. Probably more than all of them altogether. But he laughed every single time. SungGyu had a worried face every time but never made a move to help him. A pride thing he answered to SungYeol, when the younger had asked. SungJong had stopped after only a few minutes, and had moved to the benches with a hot chocolate, and taking pictures of all of them. Hoya and WooHyun were actually pretty good. As for MyungSoo. He was alright. At least tried to. He fell a few times. Each time SungYeol laughed so hard that he had ended up falling too. Equal.

Hoya who was hungry decided to move to go to a restaurant and everyone agreed.

'Want to go with them? Asked MyungSoo as they gave their skates back.
SungYeol thought for a moment. Option n°1: Go eat with everyone=> Fun, laugh, a slight chance to have someone pay for you & WooHyun's lame joke. Option n°2: Eat with MyungSoo=> Alone with Myungsoo, Alone with MyungSoo & Alone with MyungSoo. Option n°2 chosen.
'I heard there was a new chinese restaurant that opened near here... want to try?
MyungSoo chuckled.
'Are you actually asking me out for dinner?
He blushed bright red, and suddenly his shoes were the most interesting on Earth. MyungSoo's laugh in his ears sounded really good though. And that was probably one of the reasons, he took the younger's hand and led him out of the changing rooms, not waiting for anyone. Nor saying where they were going. WooHyun would probably say a lot of sly jokes, SungJong would worry for a while, and Hoya would just shrug. Nothing really important to miss.

It was cold outside. Colder than he remembered. And he scowled himself internally for being stupid, and leaving his mittens at home. So he just rubbed his hands together, blowing on them hoping it would heat up a bit.
MyungSoo chuckled lightly, and removed one of his own woo gloves and gave it to him. SungYeol raised an eyebrow, but take it anyway. It was way too cold to refuse. The younger then took his free hand, and holds it tightly. Human body heat. Great thing.
SungYeol flushed instantly, but laughed.
'Oh gosh... That's cheesy, and SO cliché...
MyungSoo glanced at him.
'You're not trying to free your hand though...
'Too cold.
They laughed, and walked to the restaurant.

'You know... I never though Christmas was something that interesting, or special...
'WHAT? But... Christmas is the best event of the year!!! It's like... Everything's so beautiful! Shops are always opened late in the evening, there are Christmas lights everywhere, Christmas trees, Outdoor ice rinks-
'Special price in Coffee shops...
'Yeah! Right, that too!
'I knew you would say that...

SungYeol laughed.
'I've always loved Christmas.
'That's great. I think. I... I actually think that I'm going to start loving it too... You know...
SungYeol looked up from his plate. MyungSoo was looking at him. His heart skipped a beat.
'Let's spend Christmas together again next year. We'll prepare everything, and have a great holiday.
'Is that... Are you asking me to spend the whole year with you to be able to celebrate Christmas again next year with you?
He blushed. Again. And laughed awkwardly.
'I... Well... Why not? I mean-
'Call. You'll have to wear a Santa's hat though.

~*~*~

 

'Yah Lee SungYeol! I told you I wanted you to wear Santa's Hat! Why is that reindeer horns?
'Couldn't find it... I'm sure WooHyun hided it somewhere...
'Dun try to find excuses...
'I do not. Okay?!

MyungSoo laughed, and took a sip from his burning coffee.
'Here. Present.
SungYeol looked up from his own cup, with a puzzled face.
'Wh... What? I thought we said we didn't buy anything?'Yah Lee SungYeol!

 

'WOW! That's beautiful!!!
'I knew you'd like it.
SungYeol grinned, and clutched MyungSoo's hand tighter, pulling the younger closer to him.
'Merry Christmas' he whispered in his boyfriend's ear. MyungSoo blushed a bit - a habit that he took from SungYeol, the brat- and smiled widely.
'Merry Christmas'
MyungSoo kissed him on the rooftop of their new flat's building, and it felt like the best thing in the world.

Walking in crowded streets with someone's hand in his, having one more present to buy, but the most important one, making plans for the upcoming year, sharing coffee and hot chocolate.  The feeling of Christmas is best when shared with someone. Believe it, SungYeol tasted it for you.

 

('And so... Where is my present?
'Didn't you say one of the cheesiest things ever? Something like.... "All I want for Christmas is you"??
SungYeol said, grinning. Still panting, head slick with sweat, resting on MyungSoo's chest.
'Yah Lee SungYeol!')