Chapter 3

My Best Friend's Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With our hands interlocked, we walked down the street towards the pizza shop. I was enjoying this new found liberation. I guess after loving someone one-sidedly for so long and suppressing my feelings, I was feeling extremely light hearted. 

"When did you start liking me? And why today of all days?" I asked, still as confused as ever. 

"Well, it's difficult to say when exactly. I mean you were always cute with such a good personality, so how could I not be attracted. It was just a matter of time." I blushed. Mark always knew the right things to say. "But it was probably during the family trip last year when we had stayed up late to talk about our dreams and personal thoughts. I never knew that such a small body could fit such a big heart and how we both share the same aspiration - to bring joy to the people around us. And I didn't intentionally mean for this to happen today but everything just felt right then, and now." Mark turned and looked at me with such intensity that I couldn't help but turn away. 

"I'm... Not such a great person that you make me out to be." I replied softly and hesitantly. "How could I be when I'm going against Krystal's wishes by being with you." I stopped and looked down at the ground. How could I be happy when I wasn't sure if I could deal with the consequences and might possibly lose one of the most important people in my life? 

"Hey, look at me." Mark lifted my chin and I met his eyes. They were warm and gentle.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter