it's FASHION

it's FASHION

 

Taemin liked his coffee a little cold so he always let it sit beside him while he dozed off a little on the park bench before class. He was always early so he could get a parking spot, and though he was rich enough to have a driver driving him around and worrying about parking spots for him, he liked to have all the independence he can and deal with his own headaches.

But one day, when he woke up and took a sip from his lukewarm coffee, something small and hard touched his lips and a faint metallic taste spread onto his tongue, making him cringe and look at his cup closely. There were a couple of coins swimming inside and he took them out, grumbling as he trashed his coffee and bought a new one, dropping those coins off in the coffee shop’s tip jar.

 


Taemin didn’t think much of the coin incident until next day he found coins swimming in his coffee again. He puffed up his face in anger, sighing as he walked back to the coffee shop for a replacement.

 


The next day, Taemin decided to just pretend to nap, so he could find out who the hell was dropping coins into his coffee. If he caught them do it again, he was going to give them a piece of his mind, for thinking he was some homeless person, ruining his coffee by their stupidly misdirected kindness.

He waited and waited, almost dozing off, but a soft slop-flop-slop straightened him up, finding a tall guy walking away, looking tired yet in haste.

“Hey, you!” Taemin called out, grabbing his coffee, “Do you think I am homeless?! How dare you drop coins in my coffee, you moron! I am rich as , if you didn’t know!”

But the man just flinched and gave nothing more than a confused, nervous look to Taemin, before getting back on his way.

Taemin sighed in regret, his anger dissipating a little as the man’s image settled into his mind. “Such a hot guy thought I was homeless. Good job, Lee Taemin.”

 


Taemin thought his loud calling out might have stopped the coins from coming, or at least would bring that hottie to come and apologize and maybe something else could start instead. But no that didn’t happen. Next day, the coins were still there, along with a bill and this time it was tucked under his cup, making him just gape at it before he picked up the coins and bill, sighing frustratedly.

He was grumpy because of it even when he got to college, which made Kibum curious enough to ask what was wrong.

“Do I look homeless to you?” Taemin asked, angrily, “Even after hearing me say it myself that I am rich as , would you still think I am homeless?”

“Why?” Kibum chuckled, “Did someone drop coins into your coffee cup or something?”

Taemin pursed his lips, fuming- his angry silence making Kibum’s eyes widen, “Oh. My. Gosh.” He started laughing too hard, “Are…you…serious….gosh…who in the world is this character?”

“Some guy…” Taemin sighed, “He doesn’t look well off himself, but he’s quite- SHUT UP!” Taemin bellowed, irritated by the way Kibum was laughing.

“I really…” Kibum breathed between his chuckles, “…wanna meet the person…who dropped coins into…. Lee Taemin’s coffee.”

“Shut up.” Taemin blushed a little as he kicked at his chair but Kibum continued to die laughing. When he had calmed, he pulled Taemin up and dragged him to the restroom, making him stand in front of the mirror.

“If I didn’t know who you were, and if I saw you dressed in your damaged jeans and patched up shirts and this ridiculous jacket which is made of out another jeans…” Kibum sighed, “I would think you are probably homeless. Even crazy, if you went all angry on me dressed like this.”

“It’s FASHION.” Taemin exclaimed and Kibum chuckled, “He doesn’t know that it is, does he?”

 


Taemin didn’t know why it bothered him so much…to the point that he had asked his newest suit to be pressed for the next day. He contemplated on toning it down by just wearing the shirt and vest with un-damaged jeans, but in the end he just whispered ‘ it’ to himself and wore the suit in its entire glory.

So there he was, sitting on the park bench, wearing a grey suit and all luxurious accessories he owned, hair all styled up and placing his coffee cup exactly where he had placed it the past days.

He laid down on the bench to pretend to nap, placing his arm over his eyes like always.

A while later he heard familiar steps and he grew alert. The steps suddenly halted when they reached the bench and Taemin straightened up immediately, his gaze falling upon the young man who was holding a few bills. He had begun to retreat his arm and was pocketing his money, as he lowered his head slightly in embarrassment. Taemin found himself thinking that this guy was more on the cute side than hot but he brushed off his thoughts on realizing he was straying.

“Told you I was rich as .” Taemin crossed his legs after picking up his coffee and taking a sip.

“I’m sorry.” The man softly whispered, and Taemin felt his melting heart finally begin to slide.

“Let me buy you coffee.” Taemin said, a little bashful.

“Huh?”

“All the money you dropped into my cup. I’m repaying that.”

The guy seemed a little taken aback but he smiled and Taemin was awestruck because damn, he was handsome. “Okay.”

“So what’s your name?”

“Minho.”

Taemin got up, “I am Taemin…” He started to lead the way to the coffee shop, “And my ripped clothes…it’s FASHION, okay?”

Minho chuckled in embarrassment, “I’ll keep that in mind.”