fin.

Can't Be Found With You

Muffled moans in the library.

Kissing each other behind their books.

Meeting up late at night after sneaking out to see each other.

Holding hands under the desk.

It was their little secret that nobody else knew about.

But even if they wanted to tell anyone, they couldn't.

 

Sejeong had always known Minah from school. They'd grown up together, however they hadn't really been that close as kids, but had grown to know the other at high school. They'd gotten closer after study sessions together after their maths teacher had put them together for a project. After discovering how well they worked together, their other teachers continued to put them together in class, and the two girls became good friends. They stayed as good friends for a while, until one day they were in Sejeong's room, working on a project. Their eyes had met and they were sitting on the bed together, then they both moved in closer, closing their eyes as they shared their first kiss together. It was going against everything they'd grown up to know, but it felt so right.

Sejeong loved the feeling of Minah kissing her. It was addicting. Soon, the feeling of those lips against her own became familiar. Whether it was quick kisses behind the shelves in the library, or heated makeout sessions in Sejeong's room, or passionate kisses when they met up at night.

They couldn't be caught though, no matter what.

Nobody really questioned when they held hands in public, since it's what friends would do. Nobody even batted an eyelid at the kisses on the cheek. That was what friends did, right?

To outsiders, Sejeong and Minah were just best friends.

If only they knew.

 

One day, they were walking home from school, holding hands and were going to Sejeong's house to "study".

Study was what they told everyone.

Sejeong's parents were hardly ever home and she was an only child, meaning nobody would interrupt them. Minah had a lot of siblings and her mother was always home. Sejeong didn't visit that often.

They arrived in Sejeong's bedroom. Minah closed the door behind her before crawling on top of Sejeong who was already lying on the bed.

"Mine." Minah whispered.

"Yours." Sejeong whispered back.

Minah moved her head down slowly and their lips met.

Soon, their uniforms were in a pile on the floor and they were under the covers, worshipping each other's bodies.

Their relationship was very intimate. Moments like these were special, because it was one of the only times they could really be together without having to be careful of anyone watching.

They would do this every week until sunset, then the sound of the front door opening would pull them apart and they would both get dressed and pretend to be studying when Sejeong's parents came in. Minah always stayed for dinner, then she would go home afterwards, but not without leaving letters under Sejeong's pillow for her to read when she missed her. Sejeong had hundreds of these letters hidden in her room. She treasured them all dearly.

 

Fast forward to the next day. They were both in the library, hidden at the back in a corner with their fingers intertwined under the desk. Minah would eventually let go to search for another book. Sejeong would follow, only to kiss Minah behind the shelves where nobody could see. Then they would both return to the desk with different books and they would hold hands again.

After their session in the library, they would have sports class. Sejeong would often find herself staring at Minah during this class. Their sports uniform was a plain white shirt and black shorts. Minah looked so good in those shorts. Sejeong got scolded by the teacher more than once for not paying attention, but she couldn't help it that her girlfriend looked so good in black shorts. After sports, they would go out to the park since Sejeong's parents were at home that day. Bringing Minah home every day whilst they were around would be suspicious.

They didn't want to get caught.

They couldn't get caught.

 

But for now, they were existing quietly in their own little world, and that was all that mattered to them.