Attraction

Daydreams

Love at first sight. Pft! 

 

She couldn't understand why some people believe in such.

 

Love is too strong a word to be felt all at once.

 

Attraction at first sight. That she preferred more. That, she believed in. Because she had been there.

 

Even though he was a weird boy. Really. He rarely smiled. She would not deny the attraction she felt.

 

How she found him attractive at all was inexplainable.

 

It probably started when one time, she had curiously looked at his back. Besides the fact that it was broad, the kind where one could simply lean on, she didn't know what really came over her. 

 

They were in the same cubicle, their backs had faced each other, five days a week since she first started working at the travel agency.  Even so, they never had a conversation. He had this aura of what one may call "having a world of his own." 

 

She had that kind of world too. 

 

Her struggle with self control had started when she got caught staring at his back. 

 

It was the only thing she could do. She wouldn't dare stare at his face, no matter how she wanted to. She didn't mean to be superficial. But he was very, very attractive despite not knowing him.

 

She had spaced out. Probably. Because she couldn't remember how long she had stared. When she had moved her gaze, it was no longer his back she was looking at. 

 

She had stared at his eyes. And he had stared back at her.

 

Oh God.

 

It was not only the flushing of her cheeks she had felt. Her heart had managed to flutter after the eye contact. She had looked away and busied herself with answering emails. 

 

It was a little flutter. As simple as that. But the funny thing was, it was still there.

 

How could one look make her feel that, which most people would commonly attribute to love?

 

She had felt that kind of flutter way back then. When her crush had put his arm over her shoulder so that they could share her umbrella. She had passed by him at a store while he waited for the rain to stop. It still made her heart flutter. It was a memory she couldn't let go. She had from time to time thought of that feeling. Because it was unique.

 

However, that incident had replaced it. In addition to her list of few heart-fluttering memories, she had added her staring stupidly in the eyes of the cold and brooding guy Sehun.

 

Staring at his back—she swore never to do that again. 

 

What an idiot she was.

 


 

Spilling coffee on herself let alone on someone was what she hoped to not happen. Thankfully it didn't.

 

She almost spilled her coffee on him when their paths crossed at the pantry. It was on her way back to her worktable when his tall frame dwarfed her from out of the corner. His height was one of the qualities that made him stood out.

 

They had both stopped abruptly to avoid a would-be messy encounter. Automatically, she had looked up and blurted "Omo! Mianhe." 

 

He apologized and looked at her. She looked back. They parted ways after that awkward encounter.

 

She could only hope he had forgotten how she stared hard at him the other day.

 


 

Nothing but an awkward encounter that would probably never happen again. She'd make sure to be very careful when rounding the corner.

 

She pretended to be very focused on her account research when he passed by her area on the way to his workstation.

 

A notification popped on her screen's bottom right corner, making her squint.

 

Oh, Sehun: I'm sorry about earlier. Did I scare you?

 

She couldn't help but raise an eyebrow. He did the unexpected. Start a conversation with her, though not personally.

 

It took her more than a minute to respond.

 

Dara: Aniyo. Maybe you're the one who got scared since I almost spilled coffee on you. Mianhe.

 

That was the beginning of her so-called battle with self-control.

 

 


A/N: Just a teaser. Thanks for reading and subscribing ^_^