Bed Days

The SNS Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a one sided love story.

 

Accidents love her. The thing is, she didn't love it back. It's been following her for years, and no matter how she tries to get rid of it, accidents come back to follow her. stalking her like the creep it is.

 

It never gave up. And that's exactly why Yoo Rinha currently lies in a hospital bed, a cast on her ankle. There might be laws against stalkers, but accidents are unfortunately not included in that law. It was horrible, stigmatizing, painful - and well, at least she knows people do care about her well being.

 

"I mean, I get that you're short but, those high heels were just too high." The tall girl who now sits on the plastic chair beside the bed dramatically slammed her hands on the mattress, eyes widening while looking intensely at the exhausted Rinha. Her eyes were definitely eating up the soul of the other, her tone rising with every word she uttered. "You're the sneakers, flip-flops, and crocs type of girl. Why did you even dare walk down the stairs with those 4-inch heels you wore for the first time? You're just asking for another accident." The unhurt girl huffed in frustration by the end of her statements.

 

The victim felt the urge to roll her eyes - just the urge, however. She never knew how people actually 'roll their eyes' like it's a natural thing, so she just resorted to looking away from her friend's scrutinizing eyes. It was as if the other was Medusa and she'd get turned into a stone if she turns her head. The door was a pretty nice teal vinyl door with a shiny golden knob that could clearly show your reflection on it. The door was sturdy, not something that can be easily broken into.

 

"Lady. You are banned from high heels, as well as taking the stairs without supervision."

 

Well, that stopped Rinha's very quiet appreciation time for the door.

 

"I was trying to have some change in life style. I wanted to be comfortable with heels." Rinha huffed, turning her head at last to face her friend, who had the other half of her thick monobrow raised. "Plus you're really tall! You will never understand the struggle of a short person you 170cm monster."

 

"Short people mostly compensate with the talents anyway. Love the short life, sweetheart!" The monobrow girl beamed. Rinha was a little envious of her - envious of the loud, extroverted, butterfly unicorn called Son Gayeon. Naturally 170cm, no need of heels, healthy long locks, clear skin, and a sharp nose. No trouble with self-expression, and a stand-out in a good way. Her outgoing personality does give birth to awkward situations, and when those happens, Rinha just wants to bury her alive.

 

"Seriously Gayeon where did that come from?" Rinha questioned the taller girl's statement about shorter humans.

 

And that's just when the third person comes around. Another shortie, in both hair and height, holding a plastic of junk food in her hand. She donned a wavy raven bob, which perfectly matched her pale skin. While Gayeon wore a combination of browns and pinks to match her blonde-dyed locks, the newcomer wore an oversized bright red sweater that contrasted with her skin tone. The sharp contrast was eye-catching, especially against the neon green coloured plastic bag that was filled with sodas and chips, Rinha swears it would almost explode.

 

"Plastic is bad for our health. That stuff needs to be banned from hospitals." The patient commented, bearing no emotion on her face as she glares at the plastic of fat that is in the hands of the new person.

 

"Tell that to the store that is actually on the first floor of this hospital." The one who held the food replied with her deep lady voice, walking over to the two girls and placing the said toxic plastic on the table beside the hospital bed. "You guys talking about heights?"

 

Rinha's group of friends was a trio. Gayeon was the naggy extrovert that people would send shoutouts of in university confession pages, either to proclaim their love for her, or just say how much of a naggy, noisy lady she is. Rinha would be the quiet baby, not that she will admit. She's the type to want to hide in a hole most of the time, and is more remembered and popular in the virtual world than she is in real life. The baby part is obviously because Gayeon has banned her from so many things and although she found it embarrassing to admit, the loud girl would call her 'my baby' sometimes.

 

Plastic-holding girl, Moon Risoo, was the chill girl who views everyone platonically, never had crushes - or at least won't admit it. She hits people A LOT, but light enough to be called a joke. She was the type of friend to skip kdrama day, would rather stay in her room asleep than go for a sleepover, and would definitely keep her pet dog if keeping you was the other choice.

 

She was also a dancer, a violinist, a digital artist, and talent perfection from her skin to her inner core.

 

Risoo was probably why Gayeon said 'short people compensate for talent'.

 

"No. We were talking about Rinha's high heels ban. Should we put this new law into action?" Gayeon joked, faking a deep manly voice, probably as an impersonation of a male lawmaker. Risoo sat beside the other girl and slung one of her arms around the girl's shoulder, pulling her nearer.

 

"Put this law into action, immediately." The raven-haired smirked.

 

Rinha covered her face with a pillow to hide from the two wannabe-lawmakers, to which Gayeon shouted at because apparently, Rinha can die from being unable to breathe and that even the pillow is unsafe. Risoo just watched the whole scene while laughing, crossing her legs and eating a bag of chips.

 

 


 

"Don't stay up too late. Drop that phone by 10:30."

 

The door of her room closed, and Rinha could hear the footsteps of her mother as the woman left. She was finally sent home, her ankle has gotten better, and she's expected to be fully healed by Monday.

She just wonders why it had to be on a Mond

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter