fin

afternoon

"Hey," Jimin sat down on the couch, two Jolly Ranchers in his hand. Yoongi grinned, wiggling his fingers, and Jimin gave one to him.
"Hi." Yoongi scooted over so that Jimin could outstretch his legs across the couch.
"Where are the members?" Jimin asked absently, aknowledging the silence of the dorm room.
"Jin and Namjoon went shopping for groceries, Hoseok's trying to compose a song in the practice room across the street, and Taehyung and Jungkook are in their rooms, doing some kind of challenge to post on Youtube."
"Must be a pretty quiet challenge." Jimin noted, head rolling lazily to the side to look at his boyfriend. As if on que, they both heard quiet little snorts from inside Taehyung and Jungkook's room, and then quietness again. Then a big guffaw from Taehyung and him and Jungkook both collasping into giggles.

  "Hyunggg!" They heard Jungkook whine.

  "Hey, you couldn't do it either!" Taehyung retorted. They fell into a fit of laughter again, and Yoongi shot Jimin a side glance.

"Not anymore, apparently." Yoongi commented. Jimin grinned, shrugging.

    "Not like they could have stayed quiet, anyway." Jimin tossed out. "They can't keep their mouths shut. You know them. We all do."

Yoongi smirked at Jimin's remark, and then reached over to tousle his hair softly.

"You're an evil one, Chim. Talking trash about your best friends like that." It was a compliment, of course. Jimin smiled, pleased, and Yoongi kept his hand in his hair, the strands with care before letting it fall to Jimin's shoulder.

Jimin drank in the silence, thanking the lord that Jungkook and Taehyung were doing whatever they were doing quietly and actually succeeding. It had been a long week, and he just wanted to have a good Saturday afternoon. Jimin absently began to play with Yoongi's hand, thinking back to when he had dreamed of clasping it tight in his own and swinging long ago, to squeeze it reassuringly, to carress the pale skin or just simply hold it.
Yoongi didn't have any reaction to Jimin holding his hand, only squeezing gently as Jimin fit his fingers through Yoongi's long and slender one's. It was a perfect fit, and Jimin felt the corner of his lips pull up into a small grin.

After a couple of seconds, Jimin tilted his head at Yoongi, who looked spaced out.

"Hyungggg, whatcha thinkin about?"

"The wall."

Jimin turned his attention to the wall. It was a blank peach color, as boring as it gets. Before, in their old dorm, they had drawn crazy things and written random promises on their bright and vibrant orange wall. Now, three pictures of the band hung there, the members in daring poses that looked 'cool', but didn't really explain anything about their true personalities. Jimin pouted.

  "I'm gonna fill up that wall." Yoongi declared, and Jimin decided that Yoongi was the best boyfriend ever. "I'm going to do it tommorow, with my paintbrush, and Jimin, you are going to help me."

  "Okay, hyung. Whatever you say." The black haired boy smiled happily, and Yoongi hummed.

"How do you like the new room arrangments?"

Jimin shrugged. "Oh, they're okay. I'd rather be with you, though."

Yoongi giggled. "Sure, tell me you don't like partying every night with Taehyung and Hoseok."

"You know I'd rather party with you.. " Jimin winked cheesily and Yoongi cracked up.

After they had finished laughing, Yoongi cocked his head. "Did you end up getting those glasses fixed?"

Jimin thought back to his precious Ray Banz that Taehyung had stepped on 2 weeks ago.

"No," He answered. "Think you can you fix them? Driving to the store is too much of a hassle."

"Leave them in my room." Yoongi simply replied. "I'll try them tonight."

"Thanks." Jimin turned to look at Yoongi with truly greatful eyes, and Yoongi kissed his forehead lightly.

There was a comfortable silence, and Jimin relaxed, not caring anymore that Jungkook and Taehyung were now shrieking in laughter and complaining in mock annoyance. God, those two needed to get together already.

"I think that one of the bathroom's lights is broken," Yoongi looked tense now. "I'd better check that, don't you think so-"

"Shh," Jimin slapped a finger over Yoongi's lips. "Stop thinking."

He removed his finger and scooted closer to his boyfriend, resting his head on Yoongi's shoulder. Yoongi looked distraught, but nonetheless rubbed circles into Jimin's back, knowing that Jimin loved it when people did that.

Jimin waited a few seconds, before rolling over a bit, and grunting as he hoisted himself up on to Yoongi's lap, in a sort of lethargic manner.
Yoongi stared up at his boyfriend. "Jimin?"
"Shh~" Jimin placed a finger on Yoongi's lips again, effectively shutting him up. "I need to tell you something important, so listen closely, okay?"

Jimin leaned in close, pressing his forehead against Yoongi's. Yoongi blinked twice, before his confused expression began morphing into one that was worried.
  "dammnit, the lights are broken, aren't the-"

  "Hyung?"

Jimin tilted Yoongi's chin upward with his finger, eyebrows raised.

"Y-yes?"

  "Shut up." Jimin breathed, before pulling his hyung close, lips pressing against eachother's in a sweet kiss. When Jimin pulled away, he grinned at Yoongi's dumbstruck expression.

  "I love you," Jimin said simply.

  "Uh, me too," Yoongi blinked thrice, looking adorably flustered with lips pink and cheeks flushed. "I love you too."

"Good. Now go fix those lights."

"I ing knew they were broken! Kim Namjoon, where the are you? "

 

 

cross posted on aff too