Drabble

I Found You

The rain hit the living room window with an astounding reverence. Luhan laid up against Minseok. He just emptied his head and simply listen to every breath Minseok took in. His body grew heavy and before he knew it he was asleep.

The sound of the rain lightly filled the air with its quiet rhythm soothing Minseok’s nerves. Minseok took slow deep breathes, he had never been so close to the boy that was now the object of his affection. They all say it is just fan service but everything has changed. He didn’t know exactly when it happen but it had. He relaxed every muscle in his body, laying back to stretch out when the slightly younger boy wrapped his arm that lay across Minseok tighter around his waist. His heart raced as he thought about where the boys arm rested on his own body.

Minseok had felt something for many years now, but the thought of him acting on it had killed his will power to do so. He could not survive in this business without Luhan by his side. The sleeping figures head weighed heavily on his chest. The younger one’s golden hair had fallen into his face covering one eye. Minseok’s heart felt as if it would leap out of his chest as he stared at him sleeping there. He was tempted to brush it away but didn’t want to wake the man.

He worried that he may wake him with the intense beating of his heart. Quietly and slowly Minseok slipped out from under the ther that still lay in a now deep sleep. Tip toeing across the cold floor to the entry way he turned back only for a second to glance at Luhan one last time, who had repositioned himself curled up on the rug. Stepping out onto the large front porch into the cool night air nearly took his breathe away when the chill hit his lungs during the first inhale.  The chilled breeze coming off the puddles that were now acquiring in front of the steps rippled with each drop. Minseok crouched down at the edge of the porch holding his knees as he watched and listened to the rain bounce off the ground.

He could never imagine that they would end up this way. Minseok had only suggested this retreat to comfort his best friend who had been depressed over the past month. After all he knew his loneliness all to well, for the life of an idol was no longer fun for them but a duty that must be performed. Minseok knew if he had not been by his side over the years he could not have continued. No stayed sane from the intense amount of pressure on the boys over the years. Luhan had also dove into work keeping himself busy non-stop over the years, afraid that once it all slowed down he would want to leave, to quit it once and for all.

Luhan’s time had finally slowed down almost to a crawl he felt like he had become a shell of the person he once was. He could no longer smile, but all that had changed in an instant. When Minseok had approached him earlier that week about the trip the excitement of the get away took over his body and he began to feel free again. No longer a caged bird. Minseok had been worried that he wouldn’t come. Luhan had been depressed and was not talking to anyone prior to that conversation, but when they arrived Luhan opened up. They began a long conversation that had escalated into days left behind and a lost youth of years past, when something uncontrollable happened.

A series of events that brought them to where they are now. A conversation that had become physical. A hug that become a simple kiss, a simple kiss that became overwhelming passion and passion that became a timeless love. This love was the one thing they had needed Minseok’ thought to himself. The men only together did they feel whole again.

Minseok sat out on the porch remembering all these things when suddenly without warning Luhan gently slid behind Minseok and wrapped his arms around him. “I would give everything all away if it came down to it. I was meant to love you and never knew that till today” Minseok didn‘t reply to what Luhan had just said, they knew it was the same way for the both of them, so he simply pulled Luhan‘s arms tighter around him before intertwining their fingers and turning to give Luhan a passionate kiss on his kissable lips. Minseok knew now he could handle anything with Luhan by his side.

“I am leaving the group but you will never leave my heart.” Luhan grabbed the other man’s chin and tilted it toward him as he closed the distance and pressed his lips completely against the older man’s.