background.

myg _ hustle.

background.

cheatsheet

Background.

family. with a father who is highly respected in the aviation field who is also a well-known aeronatical engineer, and a mother who worked in a medical physics, there was no question that min yoongi, an only child, would have a lot of pressure on him to lead a respectable career for himself. but as all stories of children weighed down with pressure and abandonment from their parents due to their strict schedules, there was only a slim chance of that happening.

pressure. he was expected to ace all his classes and to be an outstanding student who has the reputation of having the best grades in school. and that's exactly what he was, respected, often hated and classed as the 'smartass'of the class. he could only handle being mocked and have no one to go to for so long, before he broke out of that 'goody-two-shoes' shell and reveal the real min yoongi.

monochrome. when he started to take interest in music and asked his parents for a mixer for music production, this immediately raised some red flags for his parents, and they watched as yoongi slowly started to divert his focus from his studies to making music and 'hanging out with the wrong crowd'. they would implement strict rules and sometimes, physical disciplining, but yoongi continued anyways with what he like, and by the age of 15, they kicked him out of the house. their reputation was too important.

alma. with a bag of only limited amount of clothes and money, yoongi was sent off to his own way, and he'd be lying if he said he wasn't heartbroken. despite the fact that he went against everything his parents implemented on him, he still loved them. maybe it was because they were his parents. the love for them soon disappeared when he was taken in by a kind woman at the alma foster care home, and was shown the love and support that he needed all along.

occupation. yoongi grew a strong attachment to the orphanage and everyone there. such a strong bond that no one wanted him to leave when he turned a legal age for orphans to set off to their own place and stop relying on the foster home. yoongi, not wanting to leave either, decided to work there and decided to pick up another job to help out alma with some bills. he found this job at his auntie's japanese store, who welcomed him with open arms. his auntie, yoora, would've taken yoongi into her home had she not stayed in japan for 10 years.

   unlike his parents, yoongi's new mother figure at the orphanage, as well as all the other kids and staff, highly supported yoongi and his passion for music. he would post his work on youtube and soundcloud, and he was asked to participate in a freestyle rap battle. and his life continues on from that.