The Proposal

Will You Marry Me?

 

 

Kyungsoo is hugging Baekhyun so tightly. She is more than happy and relieved seeing her best friend has now become a part of Kim family after no more than an hour ago exchanged vow with Kim Jisoo, a really nice and polite banker whom Baekhyun met in some kind of matchmaking sosial media. Her eyes are teary like she would even break down in a minute but she endures it hard.

 

"Congratulations Mrs. Kim," Kyungsoo says more like a whisper while still hugging Baekhyun, voice a bit shaky.

 

"Ya! Are you crying? As long as I know Do Kyungsoo doesn't simply cry." Baekhyun teases making the girl that has the same height as her scoff. "Thank you Kyungsoo-ya~. Thanks for everything. You've made my wedding really beautiful."

 

Kyungsoo wipes a tear that falls uncontrollably on her right cheek. It's indeed a happy teardrop. Her lips crack a smile fondly.

 

"Noona, are you going to hug that squirrel forever?"

 

A manly voice annoyingly interrupts the touching moment between the two best friends, making them drop their smile almost in unison. They pull their body only to give a death glare to the culprit standing not far from them with a mischievous look stays on the handsome guy's face.

 

"Oh Sehun, how dare you ruin the mood!" It's Baekhyun suppressing her feeling to just strangle the maknae. If only today were not her wedding day. If only she were not in her expensive glamorous wedding gown. If only...

 

"Congratulations, my beloved Baekkie noona," Sehun drapes the bride in a tight hug with fast motion. He has to keep himself save and he can tell that he succeeds by feeling a pair of arms circling his waist a moment after.

 

"This naughty maknae. When will you stop being a troll?" Baekhyun mumbles against Sehun's broad chest, smiling happily. "Thank you Sehun-ah."

 

Kyungsoo lets small chuckles. She guesses their behaviors will never change. This is what she faces every day, and will be the same in the future. Sehun is naturally Baekhyun's favorite dongsaeng since they started the friendship years ago in middle high. Now, they have already had their own path and the relationship remains the same.

 

"Eventhough I'm really happy for you, but who will be defeated by me in playing games after this? Who will give me free dinner? Who will hug me if I ..."

 

Plak!!!

Sehun's rambling is cut by a slap on his head.

 

"Yak! Oh Sehun, can't you see that Jisoo hyung is already on fire to strangle you? Let his wife go, you stupid pig!"

 

Well, it's Kim Jongin, another person who is trapped in their circle of friendship. He pulls Sehun's arm and pushes him aside before replace that boy's hug to Baekhyun with his. Kyungsoo only smiles watching the scene that ended with Sehun's pouting and laughter comes from some people behind Kyungsoo.

 

"Oh, eonni..." Kyungsoo is surprised to see a beautiful woman with round cheeks and round stomach coming closer. She greets the pregnant woman with a warm hug.

 

"When did you fly from Changsa? Oh my God, you're 8 months pregnant, is it OK to take a flight?" Kyungsoo can't help but freaks out. This is her beloved eonni's first pregnancy after all.

 

"Don't worry Soo-ya. I did consult with the doctor before coming here. Besides, I have the best man ever by my side." The pretty woman flashes a convincing smile while tightening her hold on her husband's hand.

 

"I'm glad to hear that. Hai, Yixing gege," Kyungsoo diverts her attention to a handsome man with dimples. "Thanks for taking care of my Xiumin eonni."

 

"You don't have to thank me, Soo. It's my duty as her husband." Yixing then kiss his wife's cheek lightly.

 

"Oh my God, gege. You make me jealous, you know." Kyungsoo fakes an annoying look before chuckling.

 

"Xiumin eonniiiii..." Baekhyun shrieks in a not-so-elegant voice. She brings her slim body to hug the woman. "I miss you sooooo muuucchhhhh!!!! I thought you wouldn't come."

 

"Oh I wish someone wouldn't kill me if I did that. I'm having a baby to deliver, sweetheart," Xiumin pats her already big stomach.

 

"Yak! Don't say that! It's taboo, eonni... taboo..." Baekhyun scolds the elder before changing her sour expression into the sweetest one while cupping Xiumin's stomach. She bends over to position her face right in front of Xiumin's navel then whisper, "Hai baby, come to the world safely, alright? And don't forget to wish me have a beautiful angel like you soon." She ends her chitchat with her-soon-to-be-born niece with a passionate kiss.

 

"I believe Jisoo hyung will gladly give you one, noona."

 

And the mischievous Oh Sehun winces after getting another smack on his head from Jongin.

 

~

 

Kyungsoo takes a seat hurriedly in a corner of the wedding venue. She feels like fainting if she stubbornly keeps waddling around. She is the person that the bride trust to handle her once-in-a-life-time-event. She checked the preparation since dawn, got both family ready on time, double checked the food stalls, made Baekhyun feel less nervous, even greeted those guests whom most of them are Kyungsoo and Baekhyun's friends from high school and university.

 

Stretching her legs, the girl in beautiful peachy loose gown is more than relieved to feel those short things still attached to her petite body. She has been wandering around for almost ... she does not want to know how long because she is sure that she has not sat down since morning even when the bride and the groom took the vow. And it is almost noon. It's almost ing noon!

 

Kyungsoo takes a sip of her greentea while eyes catching a glimpse of happiness not too far from where she's sitting. No, it's a bunch of happiness she can say. Her best friend, her sassy and flirtatious best friend never takes those eyesmiles off her pretty face, greeting and chatting everyone who comes to her important party as if she knows all of them including Jisoo's guests. She is indeed the most stunning social butterfly and will always be. Everyone can tell that she is genuinely happy and Kyungsoo feels her eyes teary to know the fact. It is really worthy to know her lack of rest did not go for nothing.

 

Kyungsoo and Bakhyun have become best friends since high school along with seven other silly teenagers. Oh they have turned to be silly adults now by the way. Eventhough their personalities are like two sides of coine, those two girls get along well probably because they only have 7 months with Baekhyun as the younger. Baekhyun is such girl version of Casanova. She has dated many men since senior high because she is pretty and lovable. She is a smart and talkative social butterfly. She even dated Chanyeol secretely while that man was still dating his-now-wife, Moon Gayoung. She is a really kind and caring girl even sometimes likes to do y things. So knowing that finally she chooses to give her last love for a nice banker, Kim Jisoo, is really heartwarming.

 

Oh right, Chanyeol has been mentioned now. He is Kyungsoo's another best friend. He is actually like a carbon copy of Baekhyun except for the heart-playing thing. Chanyeol is also a social butterfly and always catch attention whenever he goes. He knows well that he himself attractive so he just let others especially women admire him whether secretly or the other way. He also went to the same university with Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. While Kyungsoo took business management, Baekhyun and Chanyeol majored in music making those butterflies become inseparable duo that led to a secret romance story behind Chanyeol's girl friend, Gayoung, and other people except Kyungsoo because that girl accidentally once saw them making out in music's room. Oh by the way, he is coming tonight because Gayoung was delivering their first baby boy this morning.

 

Today was indeed a great day. People get their happiness. They get the love they deserve to. Kyungsoo becomes sensitive immediately. Her eyes are glistening again but for now it is for herself, she pities herself. To be honest, she wants to get married like her bestfriends and other people in her age. Gosh, she is 28 after all and most of her friends and acquaintances in her age, or even younger, have at least got married. It probably will be less pathetic if she is in love with someone who is also willingly give the same feeling to her. How can she get married if there is no single groom for her?

 

She has just realized that today she officially becomes the last woman standing as single. Xiumin, the oldest has been married to a Chinese businessman, Zang Yixing last year. That beautiful woman is now in 8 month pregnancy with her first baby. Eunji is one step ahead from the rest of us, she is in the same age with Xiumin and only three months older than Kyungsoo yet already has two handsome little sons from her marriage with a CEO, Kim Jongdae. Even Yeri who is two years younger than Kyungsoo has just married her childhood friend, Choi Taeyoung, two months ago.

 

"Noona!"

 

Kyungsoo gets startled by the sudden loud voice near her left ear. She finds out to the side with annoyed face only to find the infamous maknae, Oh Sehun, laughing his off, hand on his stomach. Kyungsoo just clicks her tongue, looking unamused.

 

"That's not funny, Sehun-ssi!" Kyungsoo talks in a cold tone. She is not in the mood for any joke.

 

"Ah, waeee??? Don't call me like that noona. It hurts my heart to hear you call me like a stranger." He is whining and ends it with a pout, hands circling Kyungsoo's arm while he puts his head on the narrow shoulder.

 

"Yak! Go play somewhere with Jongin."

 

"Don't want to. He is busy flirting with every girl here."

 

"Then join him! Go!"

 

Sehun straighten his posture almost immediately. He stares at his cute noona beside him.

 

"Unbelievable! The angelic Do Kyungsoo has just told her dongsaeng to do a bad thing." He shakes his head repeatedly.

 

Kyungsoo looks at Sehun with an intersection near her forehead. "Flirting isn't a sin, stupid. You do that to get a lover."

 

"I know! But I don't flirt noona, those women do, to me." He defends proudly. Smile is too wide and bright.

 

Kyungsoo just rolls her eyes. She is about to go when Sehun grabs her arm and pulls her down back on the chair.

 

"OK... OK... I'm sorry noona. Looks like you don't take my jokes well this time. Mind sharing?"

 

Kyungsoo heaves a sigh. He is gazing her other best friend who is two years younger than her, like Yeri and Jongin. Sehun is Baekhyun's cousin so Kyungsoo is quite close with him as well as Chanyeol. Eventhough Kyungsoo tends to be the closest with Jongin because they live in the same neighborhood but Sehun seems to spread his charm right touching the older's heart. Kyungsoo is always difficult to say no to that man so this time, there is no difference.

 

"I just feel to cry all of a sudden, Hun-ah. I don't know... why." Her voice starts to crack. "Probably because I just realize that I'm left behind now. Alone. All my girls are now happy with their own new life." She chuckles a bit, tries to find her story funny rather than pathetic. "Aaaahhhh... I'm the last woman standing after all. I should have got a trophy, right Hun-ah?" She then turns to her left side with a forced smile but drops it immediately when she meets Sehun's deep gaze. Those beautiful eyes with long eyelashes now look like pitying her state. She is embarrassed and regrets her choice to share her thought with people, and all of those people, she scolds herself to choose Sehun.

 

"Don't look at me like that, please!"

 

The man in suit furrows his eyebrows. "Like what?"

 

"Like you see a puppy that needs home and food."

 

Then, Sehun burst into laughters. From all of the analogy she can think, how can the girl choose that one?

 

"Noona, you're hilarious. Why did you compare yourself with a puppy? You are all the way cuter." Sehun pinch her chubby cheeks.

 

"YAK!!!"

 

Plak!

 

"Ah, it hurts noona. Why did everybody like to hit me today? You played with that brown bear too often, noona. I suggest you stop getting close to Jongin. You're being a devil slowly."

 

"You hurt me first, silly!"

 

Sehun's whining is now replaced by a sincere smile after seeing Kyungsoo back to her happy state. Her chuckling and smiling until her round eyes turn into crescents are two of the most adorable things Sehun has ever seen.

 

"Thanks, hun-ah." Kyungsoo smiles sincerely at him.

 

"You're pretty noona. You can get married any time you want I have to say."

 

Another chuckle from Kyungsoo. "How am I supposed to get married if I don't have a lover? Stop talking nonsense, boy!"

 

They finally end the talk. Kyungsoo sips her drink a bit and throws her sights to a scene few meters in front of her. Yixing gege is feeding her Xiumin eonni like a newlywed. Beside them are other happy couples including Yeri and Eunji who came a bit late but fortunately they made it. She is definitely happy but she also does not want to deny that she is jealous. She has organized many people's wedding day proudly but she can't help but curious when she thinks about her own wedding.

 

Sehun is still next to Kyungsoo. The grey-haired boy keep silence with serious expression on his handsome face. His sharp jaw clenches and eyebrows knits. Eyes lands on something that only he who knows what. Her thought has probably been wandering around by now, finding some answers for who knows what.

 

"Noona," Sehun breaks the silence, asks some attention from the wedding organizer.

 

Kyungsoo diverts her gaze once again to the man. For some reasons, she feels her heart beats increase. Sehun does not look at her yet so she can see how manly and handsome Sehun's side profile. That pretty forehead, those soft eyelashes, that sharp nose and jaw, that flawless skin, and that... that red luscious lips, Kyungsoo's hand is itchy to touch them. Why does she feel her left hand moving by its own? Why can she control anything today? Why... Kyungsoo stops her inner battle when Sehun abruptly looks at her face, his gaze paralyze her.

 

"Ne?"

 

"Let's get married! You and me."

 

"Huh?"

 

~~~

 

안녕하세요? Another story from me because Sesoo is sailing so stable recently and I love every Kyungsoo ship btw 😁 Hope everyone can enjoy this story while I'm still struggling to complete my other stories. Thanks and have a nice life, nice people :)