Sleepless Night

The Aftermath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

02: Sleepless Night

Yeon Joo was studying the face of the man standing in front of her. At times he looked like a high school boy, with his boyish sideways grin and eyes that would sparkle when he felt mischievous. But right now, the Kang Chul she loves had this different look in his eyes. In between longing and pain.

She was about to open , when the thunder suddenly unleash a loud sonic boom that she yelped in surprised covering her ears.
Kang Chul took a step forward and d her head gently.
"Yeon Joo ssi?"

A bit shaken, she manages to smile. "Maybe I should stay" she tells him weakly.
Chul returns her smile, although to her he seem a little disappointed.

"All right" he patted her head, "You still have things here, I saw a few clothes in the cabinet you can use" he said as they walked towards her room.
Chul has been using her room instead of her father's study, nevermind if it was quite small and cramp. He loved it because it reminded him of her whenever they weren't together.
Everything was as is, except there was a brand new lap top and his clothes were folded neatly inside the cabinet.

"Here" he gave her a set of pajamas and underwear to her sheer embarassment. He had this smirk in her face, visibly enjoying her embarrassment.
"It would be rather impossible that I haven't seen any of your clothes here" he folded his arms. "Now go take a nice warm bath so you can rest. You look tired"

After the bath, Yeon Joo returns to the room. The raining was still steadily beating outside, but the thunderstorm has eased. She could still opt to go home right now, but Chu'ls disappointed look in his face still bothered her. She had already agreed to stay with him tonight, but he looked a bit unhappy about it. What did he actually want?
Wrinkling her nose, she enters her room to find him busily looking at his laptop.
"You smell nice" he replied without looking up.
"Stop embarrassing me any further" she said as she looks over her shoulder.

"I'm job hunting if you must know. I'll probably try to apply in a few days" he told her, "what do you think?"

"I'll bet you'll get a job faster than I did" she replied, sitting on th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter