The Mastermind

Devious Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The clicking sound of heels echoes throughout the quiet hall. All eyes were on the lady in the blue suit with her long-black hair cinched tightly with a rubber band. Her gaze was sharp overflowing with confidence. The aura surrounding her would daunt anyone.

She opened the door in the waiting room number 3 and sat on the designated chair. She crossed her leg while waiting for someone. Her finger lightly tapped on the hard-wooden table. Then, there were knocks on the door. Her head tilted to the door looking at the person entered the room.

“It’s nice to finally meet you Mr Kim.” Her red lips curved into a smirk. “The prison’s clothes don’t do justice to your face.”

“What’s with this formality? Just call me Jaejoong.” His angelic smile warmed the cold room. He sat down opposite of her and put both of his hand that was shackled with a metal handcuff on the table. “May I know who am I speaking with?”

“Can you leave us for a moment, officer?” She asked politely to the officer who was escorting Jaejoong. The Officer seemed to be reluctant. His hand was still holding on Jaejoong’s broad shoulder.

“She’ll be fine, Officer. I am gentle with woman.” He smirked at the officer. She nodded a little to assure the Officer. Jaejoong’s eyes were following the officer, who just walked toward the door until it closed.

“You’ve got pretty impressive resume. I’ve admired all of your work for this past years – well, before you’re caught red-handed.” She leaned her body closer to the table. Her right hand lightly on her chin before supporting her head.

“Ah. You did your homework, pretty girl. You could be my favorite student, you know?” He also leaned his body closer to the table, minimizing the distance between them. The distance that were separated by the hard wooden table.

“It is too bad, someone talented as you are sentenced for 10 years.” Her eyes didn’t leave him. “Don’t you think?”

This strange woman in front of him keeps him bewildered. He couldn’t read whatever it is in her mind. Her eyes were hiding something and she’s good at it. But, one thing bothers him was that, why this woman is looking for him. There are a lot of people out there better than him that had not being caught. He’s already laid low after what happened in Jeju Island and obviously, after getting caught.

“Of course, but that didn’t explain why you are here.”

 “Let’s cut to the chase then, my name is Naeun, and I worked with Chairman Jang - the man who put you here in the first place.” She glanced over this convict in front of her from his short blond hair to his toes before continued. “I need you to do something you good at.”

“My hand is tied as you see.” He raised both of his hand in the air. “Besides, I’m not going to be able to do much behind this bar.”

“We’ll arrange your release once you agree with the plan.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter