Part I

Dude That's Mine

It all started on a Tuesday.

Usually, mornings were Donghae's favorite. He loved the sudden mixing of the blues and the pinks of the sky. The way sun teased the clouds before coming up. The light aroma. The fresh air. Donghae loved it all. 

He would wake up at 5 am, sometimes even before that, jumping into the kitchen to grab his milk. Donghae was not a morning coffee person. Not at all. He would rather have bland milk than masking the nature's aroma with the coffee's synthetic one. After witnessing whole rising up of the sun and dispersing of the birds, he'll move on to do his daily duties- watering his aloe vera plant (Mom says applying aloe vera on the face will reduce the acne marks he unfortunately still has; he is 28 for god's sake) and feeding Haenim, his assy bratty cat who he is ashamed of naming after himself; he should have named him after his stupid boss. Then again calling his cat 'Asswon' or 'won' wasn't that much favorable especially when that incompetent boss of his self-invited himself over at Donghae's apartment almost on a weekly basis. It would have been okay if that asswipe would just visit and go, it really would have. But no, he has to stay, drink (from Donghae’s stock, mind you) and then talk rubbish the whole night. If the boss is in his especially nicer moods, he’ll even bring his boyfriend along, throw Donghae out of his own apartment and do god knows what. Ohkay, Donghae knows what happens, because he is the one to clear all the mess left behind- sometimes in the form of tousled bed sheets and throw-pillows all over the room, sometimes even worse (what was the sticky-gluey pink thing on the bed anyway?).  

Anyways, everything was going well until that Tuesday.

On regular days, he would leave for office at 8:30 am sharp. Not before having his breakfast, because having a healthy first meal is super-essential. Donghae would have oats, milk and whatever healthy he might find at the supermarket and eat it whole-heartedly. Talking about supermarkets, Donghae makes it a point to visit the local store weekly, as veggies shouldn’t be kept in the fridge for more than a week. Anyways, he would take bus number 42 to his destination. He has never missed the bus. Not even once, mind you.

Donghae would take the elevator and reach his seventh-floor cabin at 9:15 am sharp. Not a minute less, or more. He liked to be punctual (Of course, his dad served in the Army for 35 years before retiring with high medals and even higher pride). Donghae would spend the day assessing files and marking thousands of mistakes on the drafts sent by the writers. You can call him a Grammar Nazi or a Spelling Hitler or whatever. He doesn’t mind getting abused at by the writers as long as the correct and flawless work is published. He is on an Editor’s post for a reason. Okay, on an Assistant Editor’s post. But he can’t do anything if his boss likes to party around and waste time like an idiot he is. The horseface is maybe a Michigan University gold-medallist or whatever, but who in the hell arrives at the office whenever they feel like, especially when they hold an important post like that.

Yo-uu need t-to chill, Baby-Hae. Have some w-whisky shots, around a-and add some numbers to your life. Being-g this uptight doesn’t help in the long run, you know. Learn-n from me, Hae darling.”

“Oh yeah, I’ll Siwon-shii.”

Needless to say, Donghae absolutely loathes his boss. What’s not to hate about that 6 feet tall horse with flawless skin and abs? Yes, those abs are ing real. They feel just like rocks under his finger pads. And those ripped muscles of his chest and those arm-guns. Well, as they say, a person with the most ing amazing body is usually little empty in the brains. But no, this ing idiot has to have that prestigious degree from a foreign college and six years of experience on top of that.

How Donghae wished he could go to a fairly better institute. No, it was not money-problem, but a problem-problem. His mom loves watching dramas, and his dad likes making his life one. Donghae’s Apple is always Seung Yeon’s Orange. Well, something like that. When Donghae requested to go for a music major, his dad demanded a law one. There were multiple curses thrown from both the sides (Donghae was one hard nut to crack; just like his dad), many nights of weeping and even more of fasting. He still lost his case, our Donghae, he had no money on him after all.  

With three years wasted on skipping classes and failing the law degree, Seung Yeon and Donghae agreed upon a single diploma that could fill both their glasses- Journalism. The class was fun and he slowly discovered that he could make use of his dairy-writing and novel-hogging skills in this field. And when he got his diploma with great grades, obviously later than his undeserving school-mates, Donghae felt he could conquer the world. That’s how, after working at a local magazine for three years, he landed a job at Seoul Chronicles as an Assistant Editor a year ago.

Donghae wanted to do his best, and maybe beat his sonova boss to get that title of his (wishful thinking). But as they say, destiny has its own plans.

 

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

This day has been marked on Donghae’s calendar with bold marks. This was the doomsday.

On this stupid day, he met the devil in person.

No, it wasn’t Choi Siwon, or that of his- Kim Heechul. Neither Cho Kyuhyun, that bossy and messy food of a friend, not that ing-ly sweet bag-boy at his regular supermarket. No, Donghae’s not talking about his grandma, or his annoying cousins Yuki and Bada. He is talking about a real devil.

This devil has sharp jaws and a deceiving smile. And a face that shouts innocence. But Donghae knows better.

It was raining throughout the morning. Non-stop. Without a care in the world. Donghae was in a bad mood. Siwon was dying on his couch. Oh, did I just say dying? I meant lying. See, how side-tracked I got. Anyhow, Donghae was in a foul mood, the sun didn’t rise and birds were in a hiding. The sky was dark gray with white blotches and the pitter-patter of the rains on his windowsill was doing no justice to his already bad mood. He liked nice small splashes, not a full-on attack by the clouds. It was already 7 am.

Donghae had an urge to smack Siwon on the face with a dirty sock. Or a heavy frying pan. How can a guy be this stupid? And lazy. Lazing-ly stupid? The mysterious part of his brain only can justify how Donghae started to like this idiot. Oh no, that was in the past. A forgotten past that knocks on his door every other weekend demanding for a drink and a .

Siwon is Donghae’s ex-boyfriend and unfortunately present-boss.

That is how this idiot has his house-keys and a portion of his heart. A heart that doesn’t will to turn him down; however drunk or stupid he may be. Not for a , obviously. Donghae can be emotional but he is not an emotional fool. He allows Siwon to stay in his apartment as long as the latter feels like, mooch on his home-made (and healthy) dinner and lull him to a deep slumber on his couch. His bedroom is a no-no.

This might sound crazy, but Donghae was deeply in love with Siwon at some time. He remembers being the oddball of the class with 100% attendance and an equally high list of haters. He would snort and eye-roll at the comments and harsh words thrown at him. Yes, he was a prick, but pointing out mistakes in others is not a crime, is it? Donghae isn’t at fault if a fool boasts about knowing everything football, and is a real loser in the field. That harsh punch on the face was totally uncalled for. Call him easy, but Donghae fell in love with this handsome jock at the very first glance. This tall guy helped him to the medical bay, wiping his face with his own handkerchief, making sweet gestures with hands and eyebrows- an ultimate prince charming. Donghae fell hard, so hard that he just went for it. Telling the clueless jock about his feelings the very same day. He would know sometimes later that it was a move, but well. Surprisingly, Siwon accepted and our prick Donghae became princess Donghae-or babyhae- eh, whatever.

This sicking-ly sweet romance went on for around two months when they broke up. The talks were getting lesser and lesser, and the kisses were becoming too much. Donghae started feeling suffocated in Siwon’s embrace. He needed a man with a backbone, not a fairy-tale prince, to be honest. And he hated when Siwon forbid him to even raise his little finger to do anything. He was no doll, for god’s sake. He cried, Siwon cried harder and then everything went back to normal.

Donghae seriously thought that with graduation he won’t see Siwon’s face again. But when has his life been kind on him. He met him again, during his job interview, sitting as one of the executives of the newspaper he had applied for. But Donghae was desperate. He let go of the past and that stupid smile of Siwon’s and grabbed the opportunity with both his hands. He had to pay his rent and bills after all. Unfortunately on Donghae’s part, Siwon had grown even more handsome with a heavenly body and let’s not talk about that stubble. Let. Us. Not.

That same stubble-owning was sleeping on his couch at the time when he had to leave for the office, and Donghae couldn’t do anything.

Wearing a shirt and pants from his okay-collection- a series of clothes kept for weather like this- he had just started putting on his shoes when his doorbell rang. It couldn’t be newspaper guy or milk-vendor as it was still pouring outside. Anyhow, the kitchen clock showed 7:45 am, too late for any of them.

Sliding his shoes on, he dragged himself to the front door, peeking through the door-hole. It is a vague process, but extremely important at times. What if there are robbers? Or snatchers? Then again, robbers won’t ring your doorbell, right?

True enough it was some guy with a hoodie on. The face wasn’t quite visible through the peep-hole, so Donghae opened the door slightly.

The guy abruptly bobbed his head up, black hoodie sliding off his copper-ish blond short and spiky hair. His face was stretched in a wide grin, showing all his gums.

“Hello.”

Donghae was confused. Who the hell was this fellow?

“Umm..hello? Donghae-shi?” The extremely chirpy guy waved his left hand in front of Donghae's face.

“Oh, hi. Do I know you?”

“Obviously you do. It’s Hyukjae. We talked on phone remember?”

Why would I talk to any Hyukjae?

“No. I don’t remember talking to any Hyukjae.”

“Oh, don’t be like that. You posted an advertisement for a roommate.I responded and you immediately agreed. You don’t look too old to be this forgetful.” Hyukjae eyed him skeptically.

“What advertisement? I did no such thing. Now, if you could just go away. I have a lot of things to do.” Was this guy high? What bull was he spurting?

“Oh. No...no..no. I have already paid the deposit and I will stay here. Watch me.”

With that, the hooded guy stormed into his apartment not before tossing Donghae a crumpled newspaper cutting.

Roommate Wanted To Share a Grand Apartment

Minimal rent with maximum comfort! People under the age of 24 will be preferred. We mainly need young students.

Call Lee Donghae- 010-44335533

That is his ing number. Who the gave this out? Donghae had started to make murder plans in his head when a voice called out.

“I’m taking the left room, the one with the balcony. And you said you’ll do my laundry and dishes, so I need not worry about them, right? Also, I want you to fix me a quick breakfast before you go okay. I’m not that hungry, so even ramyun will work. And before you ask, no, I don’t know how to cook. So, if you want your kitchen intact, do as I say. Now, chop-chop.”

Plans abort. Donghae needs to chop this devil first.

 

 

 

 


AN: Hello!!

This is the first chapter. Little short, but well.

I have a thing for stubble!won, heheheh.

Hope you liked it!!

>.<