though I try to resist I still want it all

My Hopes, They Are High (I Still Want It All)

It’s still dark out when Jimin feels the dip in the large mattress—the silk sheets crinkling and rubbing together, the springs squeaking as his source of warmth got up from the bed. He shivers, rolling onto his side and squinting into the pitch black room, trying to adjust his eyes to find Yoongi’s silhouetted form looming over him. He sighs, leaning down to brush his too-long hair out of his heavy lidded eyes.

“I didn’t mean to wake you. It’s almost morning, I need to get going,” he mumbles. Jimin frowns to himself, wiping the sleep from his eyes and propping himself up on his elbows. He reaches one hand out to grab Yoongi’s wrist, pulling him back into bed and on top of him.

“The sun hasn’t even risen yet. You don’t have to go.” Even in the dark, he can see the corners of his lips tugging up into a small smile. He runs his fingers down his spine, pressing his lips to his neck and kissing the skin there gently. He kisses down his bare shoulder and across his chest, nosing along his collarbone. He looks up at him through his lashes, grinning sheepishly and gripping his hips tightly to keep him in place.

“Oh, but I do, Your Highness,” Yoongi teases, pushing Jimin away by his shoulders carefully. “Your maid has passed by the room half a dozen times, now. I think she knows you’re not alone,” he frowns. Jimin furrows his brows, sitting up so that they’re pressed nose to nose, Yoongi straddling his thighs in nothing but his pants.

“She won’t tell anyone if that’s what you’re worried about.” He insists, and Yoongi’s face falls a bit. He grumbles under his breath, tucking his face into Jimin’s shoulder, and the prince takes his turn to frown. “What is it, Yoongi? My parents know that we’re friends, it won’t be suspicious if they find that you spent the night. They won’t jump to any conclusions right away! All we have to do is put on a little more clothing, and-”

“Jimin, we could be killed. I don’t know how you can take this so lightly! What if the King and Queen figure out that we’re not just friends? They could have me hung tomorrow morning the second they discover us cuddled up in your bed. Conscious, we make an effort not to be suspicious, but every time we fall asleep and we wake up one of us has migrated towards the other. It’s not safe for me to stay. I have to go.” He pushes himself off of Jumin again, and this time, he lets him go, as unwilling as he is, because he knows that he’s right.

“Okay, dove.” He says quietly, leaning back against his pillows. “I’m sorry I upset you. Do you want me to send you off with an ? Namjoon is probably awake already.”

“I’m a grown man, Jimin. I don’t need an .” He scoffs, tugging his woolen shirt over his mop of messy hair. Jimin feels himself starting to pout at the sight of him redressing. If only Yoongi could accept his gifts of silk and fur clothing… he deserved only the very best.

“I know. You’re the manliest of men, Min Yoongi,” he smiles. “But it’s dark. I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“I won’t. I don’t live far, you know that,” he says, leaning back over to press one last kiss to his lover’s lips. “I love you dearly, my hearts king,” he whispers, and Jimin bites his bottom lip, gazing up at him longingly.

“And you’re absolutely positive you won’t stay?” He asks, reaching up to him a bit. Yoongi swats at his hand, chuckling quietly and standing back up straight, moving so that he’s out of reach.

“I have at least a little sense of self preservation, so yes, I’ll be off, Prince Jimin. I hope you take good care of the village today.” Jimin snorts, rolling his eyes and tossing his arm over his eyes to shield his flushed face.

“And I hope you bake only the softest breads, baker Yoongi,” he mumbles. “I love you, my hearts gleam.” He grins, peeking out from underneath his arm as Yoongi makes his way over to the door, the flickering of a candle's light underneath the frame casting his shadow against the walls. “I’ll come and see you soon.”

“I’m counting on that.” He says, flashing one last smile before he slips on his leather shoes, heading out of Jimin’s room, shutting the large, heavy door behind him as quietly as he can.