Parallel Lines: Final

G-Friend (SinJu) Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Sowon's POV)

 

"After what happened that night, I don't really know how to face Eunha. If I could just not go out of that room"

 

Eunha: Sowon! How's my sister?


"I'm just looking at her that time, I don't know what kind of answer should I give"


Eunha: Why aren't you answering? Please say something...


Sowon: Eunha... (I put my hands on her shoulders, it's really hard to say anything) Sorry, I'm really sorry.


Eunha: Yaaaah... I'm asking you about my sister. If you're still not sure when she will ever wake up, just tell me. I still have a lot of strenght to look for her.


Sowon: (I looked at her with an uneven facial expression) You don't have to do that anymore. You can go inside to check her.


Eunha: What are you talking about? (She held tightly on my arms trying to keep standing) Yaah.. Those aren't words of Doctor Kim. She always told me that she can't guarantee when will my sister wake up. Where's is she? Where's Doctor Kim? I need to talk to her. (Her tears started to fall again)


Sowon: Stop it... Eunha.. It won't do anything. I know it's hard but please... Don't be like this.
Eunha: You just said that she's strong, that she's trying her best to keep alive. But what are you saying now!


Sowon: Eunha... (I hugged her, to make her calm, that was the only thing I think I can do for her) I'm here, don't be afraid. You won't be alone. Let's go inside Okay?

 

"Together, we went inside to see her sister, as expected she's crying out loud, I can't do anything about it since it was her sister. I just stay with her like that"

 

(Suddenly the door opens up)

 

Nurse: Doctor Kim! I'm sorry, we can't contact you, they said you're here.


Sowon: What is it?


Nurse: It's about your sister...

 

"As I heard about my sister, I rushed over to get to her room, I didn't even get to excuse myself to Eunha properly, the only person in my mind that time is my sister. As I run along the hallway, I met Doctor Han. My professor"

 

Doctor Han: Doctor Kim!


Sowon: Doctor Han (Bows properly)


Doctor Han: I've just heard that you have an emergency earlier, so I've got to check your sister.
Sowon: Doctor Han... (breathing so hard) How was it? How's my sister?

 

"I'm really worried about Yuju, that moment I'm worried about her twice, because I just saw how Eunha suffers on her sister's death, I don't know what would I do if that happens. I won't let it be."

 

Doctor Han: Doctor Kim, I know you're fully aware of this already, but I want to remind you. If she won't receive a heart transplant as soon as possible. She won't made it.


Sowon: I know it well. But Doctor Han...


Doctor Han: I know, I'm just reminding you. Anyway you looks so tired, so much work? I'll give you a break to focus on your sister if you have to. But now I think you're going to check her right? You should go now.


Sowon: Thank you Doctor Han, I'll be going.

 

"Actually that was the reason why I changed some schedule this past weeks. It's because of Yuju. Just like our Mom, she has a very weak heart. She was just using a pacemaker for almost 10 years to improve her heart beat, but recently this year, it gets worse that even a pacemaker won't do. That's why I never really let her go anywhere without me, She's always at home or school. But as days passed by, it's getting worse until a heart transplant is the only way for her to survive"

 

(As she continue her way to her siste's room, she saw Eunha on the hallway)

 

Sowon: Oh? Eunha? Why are you here? I thought you're with Sinb right now.

Eunha: You said I won't be alone, but you just leave me like that.

Sowon: Eunha... I'm sorry if I leave without any word but...

Eunha: I know, you don't have to explain. I already heard everything.

Sowon: I'm really sorry... But my sister really needs me right now.

Eunha: I'm willing to help. Sinb and I have an organ donor card in case something like this happens. You're her Doctor right.. I know you're aware of it but why didn't you asked me?

Sowon: It's just because...

Eunha: Do you want your sister to live or not?

Sowon: Why are you doing this?

Eunha: This is what my sister wanted, she won't die meaningless. And I'm doing this... for you. Honestly like what I've said from the beginning, I didn't expect so much that my sister would made it. I've lost a lot of chances to be with her. But you... You still have a chance to save your sister. Don't let any chance passed by like this.

Sowon: Eunha... (I just felt guilty that time, I didn't asked Eunha because even though I know that Yuju and Sinb has the same blood type and I found Sinb as the most preferable donor, I don't want her to think that I only care about my sister)

Eunha: Let's just do this for Sinb, and for Yuju. I don't want you to lost her like how I lost my sister. You've been a great Doctor Kim to Sinb, A nice Sowon to me. But you're still Kim Sojung, Yuju's sister.

 

"Eunha didn't leave me that time, until the heart transplant is declared successful"

 

(A few days later)


Eunha: So, How's Yuju's condition now?

Sowon: Your sister has really a strong heart, It's good that her body didn't reject it.

Eunha: That's good, that's all that I wanted to hear. Ahmmm Sowon...

Sowon: What is it?

Eunha: Take a good care of your sister. Yuju should live a long life now.

Sowon: I will, how about you? What's your plan now?

Eunha: Actually, I'm planning to go overseas.

Sowon: Overseas?

Eunha: You know, It's for the good...

Sowon: Do you really have to do that?

Eunha: Mmmmm (She nods) Anyway, let's keep everything from Yuju for now, I want her to keep living like before, without thinking that's she's alive because of someone's death. Specially my sister.

Sowon: I understand, but can you just not go?

Eunha: If I could just, but it would be better to.

Sowon: When? When will you go?

Eunha: Tomorrow..

Sowon: Tomorrow? Already? Why so sudden..

Eunha: I have to, I need to. I just waited for the result of the transplant. Anyway, I'll be going. I still have a lot of things to take care of before I leave. Thank you Sowon, and.. Goodbye. (She walks away like that, but I can't send her off without saying anything)

Sowon: Eunha.. (She hugged her from the back) How about us? When will you go back?

Eunha: I don't know when. But I'll promise to go back. (She turn around and gave me a bright smile, that Sowon have never seen before) I want to show you my better side.

 

"After that day, we didn't lost communication, Eunha always ask me about Yuju, she's happy to hear a lot of things about her. At the same time she always talks about her sister. But we decided not to tell Yuju anything until she came back. She really wanted to meet my sister. She also asked me that on Sinb's 18th birthday, if she were not still able to come back here. I have to do this things with Yuju"

 

Watch a meteor shower
 

Go to an amusement park
 

Go for a mountain climbing.

 

Maybe that way, Sinb's heart would feel better, because those are the things that Sinb wanted to do. Yuju might not have any idea about it but I know she would be glad to do those things."

 

(End of Sowon's POV)

(Yuju's POV)

(July 10, 2016 The day Sowon introduce Yuju to Eunha, Wherein Sowon finally told Yuju everything) - Present

 

"When Sowon-unnie mentioned Sinb's name, I was really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter