Chapter 7

Vacation to Paradise

Chapter 7

By the time everyone left, Kibum had everything cleaned up in the living room. He was tidying up when Jonghyun came into the room, fully dressed. Kibum looked up when he noticed the older boy.

 

“Let me put all of my things away and then we’ll go.” Kibum said disappearing into his bedroom. Jonghyun nodded and sat down at the small table when his phone rang. He looked at the caller ID and answered when he saw that it was Onew.

 

“What’s up Onew?” Jonghyun asked as he answered his phone.

 

“Hey Jonghyun, I am at the hotel with Changmin, and that woman from the beach is here she says she’s looking for you.” Onew said in a quieter, more serious, tone of voice than how he usually sounded like.

 

“Woman? What woman?” Jonghyun wondered.

 

“Jessica. It seems like she has taken a liking to you.” Onew said as he observed the situation. Jessica passed him quickly, a little upset.

 

“Really?” Jonghyun wondered.

 

“Yes, really. She just left and she seemed upset. Jonghyun please don’t do anything stupid.” Onew said, silently hoping that Jonghyun understood what he was trying to get at. If Kibum noticed Jessica trying to get close to Jonghyun and the latter going along with her, Kibum might think that he doesn’t want to help anymore.

 

“Onew, I made a promise, didn’t I? So, just calm down already. This is a vacation after all, so enjoy yourself.” Jonghyun said taking in the things inside Kibum’s home.

 

After hanging up, Jonghyun put away his phone into his pocket and waited until Kibum came out from his room and gave the older a smile. He put on his shoes and the two made their way out. Kibum chose a small restaurant that was nestled in a large shopping district of town. Jonghyun looked around the restaurant it was different than the ones he’s been to, but it felt very welcoming.

 

“So, Jonghyun, could you tell me about yourself?” Kibum asked after they ordered their food and drinks. Jonghyun took a sip of his water before answering,

 

“There is not much to tell, I own a company and I have a dog named Roo. I don’t really do anything for fun because I work all the time.” Kibum nodded before replying, “So, you’re a workaholic?” Jonghyun nearly stared at a completely serious Kibum before pouting slightly, “I wouldn’t go so far as to say that.”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it that way. I just thought that since you work all the time and since you said you don’t really do anything for fun, I guess just assumed, I’m sorry.” Kibum stammered trying to not offend Jonghyun. This made Jonghyun gulp, “n-no, no don’t worry about it, Onew says that sometimes, too.”

 

Kibum smiled and said, “I am glad that you decided to help me. I really want to be a fashion designer. It’s been a dream of mine ever since I can remember, I wanted to move to the city and become a fashion designer. I have studied hard and I am now in school studying design as my major. I want it to come true and I’ve worked every day to come closer to that dream. This contest is my big chance, I know it is, so you have no idea how much it means to me that someone like you is helping me.” Jonghyun wasn’t expecting such a confession, but he felt happy that he was helping Kibum work towards a dream. “I am glad that you are letting me help you.” Jonghyun smiled at Kibum who had a blush creep on his face.

 

After they left the restaurant, Kibum showed Jonghyun around town. He took him to the shopping districts, the contest hall where the fashion contest and other events are held. He also showed him around his neighborhood and a nearby park that lead straight to his hotel.

 

As they walked together, they became more comfortable talking with each other and by the time they stopped at Kibum’s front door, the two were making jokes at each other and were laughing. The sun was setting and Jonghyun smiled at the younger as the two stood in front of his house. “Are you sure you’ll be able to get back to your hotel alright?” Kibum asked.

 

Jonghyun rolled his eyes his worrying and nagging was cute, “yes, I’ll be fine.” Kibum nodded, he still didn’t seem satisfied with that, “just in case, give me your number.” Jonghyun chuckled, but did as he was told. After they exchanged numbers, and after Jonghyun promised to text Kibum when he got to his hotel, they said their good-byes and went on their way. Jonghyun was walking through the park to get to his hotel. His heart was hammering in his chest; the day he spent with Kibum went better, way better than he thought. Kibum was cute, the way he said certain things, his expressions, everything was cute.

 

When Jonghyun returned to his room, he took out his phone and texted Kibum that he made it back in one piece.

 

I made it back to the hotel, are you happy now?

 

Kibum read the text with relief and happiness. Kibum chuckled and quickly typed a reply.

 

Yes, I am thank you. We are not meeting tomorrow, so you can enjoy your vacation.

 

Jonghyun was a little dissapointed that the group wasn’t gathering together since Kibum had to work on the outfits, but that doesn’t mean he couldn’t meet with the younger.

 

Can I stop by tomorrow anyway, Onew will be with Changmin and Taemin will be either busy or be with Minho.

 

Kibum’s face immediately blushed, was this Jonghyun asking him to come over to his house?

 

And you want to come bother me?

Please.

 

Kibum couldn’t believe this, Jonghyun was either completely oblivious or a damn good flirt, it was working.

 

Fine.

 

Great I’ll bring breakfast or snacks!

 

Goodnight, Jonghyun.

 

Goodnight, Key.