Chapter 10

Vacation to Paradise

Chapter 10

The house was silent, Kibum was working on fixing the broken jewelry piece. Jonghyun was picking up the broken pieces of his sewing machine. He placed the parts into a large garbage bag and then went to pick up anything else that came from the machine. After he was finished, he sat next to Kibum who was working and silently sniffing, his shoulders slumped, his fingers shaking slightly with the pliers. Jonghyun heaved a heavy sigh. He placed a hand on Kibum’s working ones, making them stop.

“Take a break, you need it.” Kibum shook his head, sniffing again he wiped his eyes with the back of his hand. His eyes were red and watery and his lower lip quivered slightly as if holding back his emotions. Jonghyun took the pliers out of his hands and placed them aside. Jonghyun stood up bringing the younger up with him. Using his index finger to lift up Kibum’s chin, locking gazes, Jonghyun smiled reassuringly at the younger before wrapping his arms around him, “Let it out, Kibum.” The older immediately broke down into sobs, clinging onto Jonghyun’s shirt, his tears staining the fabric.

Jonghyun instinctively tightened his hold on Kibum, he couldn’t imagine that these competitions were this brutal, but he knew that right now Kibum could not work in his condition. Pulling back, Jonghyun looked at the designer who was now taking in deep staggering breaths to calm himself. Jonghyun placed his forehead against Kibum’s making the younger freeze momentarily before releasing a sigh and closing his eyes to enjoy the moment before speaking, “Thank you, Jonghyun. I appreciate this.” The older nodded, he couldn’t help, but see the cute side of Kibum, the way his eyes were slightly larger and watery from crying and he seemed to be pouting like a little kid. Jonghyun couldn’t hold himself and he pressed his lips to Kibum’s. Kibum’s eyes became the size of two plates, this was the last thing he was expecting. Getting caught up in the moment, Kibum’s arms wrapped around Jonghyun’s neck bringing him closer.

When he pulled back, Kibum looked at his work with new determination, “Jonghyun, can you get the others. I am going to need all the help I can get.” The older nodded, he grabbed his phone to call Onew and made sure he passed the word along. Meanwhile, Kibum cleaned up his space and brought out his finished designs. He placed them on the couch and eyed them making sure they were perfect.

Once the others arrived, Kibum had them try on their outfits. “Please be careful with them, I will make adjustments as needed by hand. I decided to let you as the models decide on the accessories, you are wearing them after all so you guys have to make it look like this is how you would wear them. Now Taemin, I’ll start with you first.” The youngest walked over to Kibum and the designer immediately started working on fixing the boy’s outfit. Jonghyun watched in admiration. A little while ago, Kibum was in his arms tears streaming down his face, but now he was determined and ready to win the fashion show. He walked up to Onew and tapped him on the shoulder, “Onew, I have an idea.” The older looked at Changmin who shrugged and the both listened in on his plan, “we’re listening.” Jonghyun smiled, “I think we should have Kibum interviewed at the fashion agency that’s across the street from the company, regardless if he wins or loses in the fashion show.” Onew smiled, Jonghyun was practically glowing. He knew that a vacation was what his friend needed, but he had no idea that it would go to such lengths as to get him a possible love interest.

As the night went on the group was working together getting the outfits prepared. Taemin helped with the music and the order of the models and how to pose and walk on the runway. Kibum took in the outfits once more and watched as each model practiced their walk, he couldn’t help but smile, maybe this time he could actually win this time.