Concert

New world

‘Finally home’, I mutter as I put my key into the lock of my front door. The moment I step inside, my cat immediately curls herself around my legs.

‘Hey little one, I hope you haven’t made to much of a mess while I was away.’ She purrs contently in response.

 

On my way to the couch I connect my iPod with my sound system and put on a One OK Rock playlist to get in the mood. As my cat jumps on my lap to get some much-needed attention, I start her back. Being all giddy for tonight, I start talking to her. ‘Gosh, I can’t believe I’ll actually be seeing them perform live, finally! I really hope they’ll be performing ‘The beginning’. And if they sang ‘Be the Light’ it would be even more perfect.’ Suddenly she yawns, stands up and walks away. ‘Gee, thanks for sharing my enthusiasm, see if you’ll get any food tomorrow….’ Still grumbling I decide to get up and start getting ready for tonight.

 

After I run through my apartment to get some fitting clothes for tonight, I go for a short shower. After that I apply some dark make up and realize it’s good to finally be the rock chick me again, after being forced on a daily base to hide it for work. I walk out to my kitchen to get a quick drink when I notice the time. ‘Shoot I’m late!! I’ll miss the show if I don’t hurry.’

 

I quickly decide to buy something to drink at the train station, grab my bag en run out. Luckily I still make it to the station in the nick of time. Finding a seat I grab my iPod from my bag and continue listening to the One OK Rock playlist. A couple of hours, and quite some songs later, I arrive at Amsterdam Central Station. I hurry through the crowd to make it to the tram that will bring me to Paradiso. As I arrive at the platform the tram is already waiting. I hop in and less then a minute later, I’m on my way through Amsterdam to the venue. Watching through the window I see the typical scenery of Amsterdam pass by, ‘till I’m at the right stop. I get out and after a little search I find Paradiso. On my way to the main entrance I search my bag and get my ticket and I start getting nervous.

What if the show isn’t going to be as great as I expect? What if the rest of the crowd isn’t so friendly? What if I’m being too late and there is no spot left to see the stage?

As all these thoughts pass my mind I arrive at the main entrance, hand over my ticket and am allowed inside. After ditching my stuff in a locker I enter the music hall where, luckily for me, the opening act is still performing.

 

Careful not to step on anyone’s toes, I start searching for a place in the back where I can still see the stage (and preferably the drum kit, he’s cute remember?). The moment I found my spot, the opening act is finishing their set and the wait for One OK Rock begins. I’m so excited; I probably look like a crazed fangirl right now…

 

At the same time

Just around the corner of the main entrance, Toru had decided to have a few minutes to himself before the show. Making sure not to be seen, he silently smoked his cigarette while checking the entrance once in a while. Satisfied that fans, at least he thought it was safe to assume they were their fans, were still entering the venue. Suddenly a young lady caught his eye, making him almost laugh out loud with the way she was franticly searching her bag. When he was about to turn away, she seemed to have found what she was looking for: a ticket to enter their show. Giving her one last glance, because he was sure she seemed familiar, he turned around and got back inside.

 

Once back in their dressing room, he suddenly remembered where he’d seen the girl before; ‘!’

Taka looks up and curiously turns his attention to Toru, ‘ what?’

‘Do you still have the picture Hyde send you?’

‘What picture… Really what did you smo…’, Taka started and got interrupted by a frantic Toru.

‘That one picture’, Toru starts again, ‘The one of the goddaughter he is searching for. He asked you to help him find her…’

‘Oh you mean that blonde girl’, Tomoya buts in.

‘Yes!’

‘Why are you suddenly so curious?’, Taka shrugs, ‘it’s not as if we’re able to see her in the crowd, if she’s even here that is.’

 

Toru rolls his eyes heavenwards, ‘Because she probably is here you idiot! I’m quite sure I saw her enter the venue just now!’

Taka immediately scrambles to get his phone. Satisfied that his yelling seems to finally have activated the singer, Toru collapses on the couch. Just then Ryota storms in, ‘What the hell are you guys doing here!?! We were supposed to be on stage 5 minu..’   ‘Got it!’

Toru all but jumps from the couch and runs to Taka to see the photograph. ‘It’s her, it’s absolutely HER’.

‘So Hyde’s goddaughter is here,’ Tomoya summarises, ‘but how do we find her again?’

‘Right,’ Taka continues, ‘it’s not as if we can call for her on stage as she probably doesn’t even know she’s his goddaughter.’

A long sigh leaves Toru’s lips, as Ryota reminds them again to ‘get their asses on stage’ as he so nicely puts it. ‘Let’s see if we can find her again after, so we can try to get her to give us some sort of contact information,’ Toru decides. ‘And let’s not contact Hyde yet.’

Taka sighs, ‘Yes, let’s not get his hopes up’, as they follow Ryota towards the stage.