Prologue: Lost Letter

Autumn Is Here! [ EDITING ]
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was during Autumn that he sent a letter to his old house. He wanted to relay his loneliness to whoever was living there. His sanctuary was no more. He didn’t need a reply either. 

 

It was during Autumn that she received a strange letter from the past owner of the house she lived in. The message in the letter was just that, ‘It’s lonely here.’  Curious, she wrote back to him and asked him what loneliness was like over there. 

 

He was ticked and so he wrote back answering, ‘loneliness is loneliness, there is no differences regardless of places.’ 

 

Angry, she wrote back and explaining to him the four basics of loneliness that she believed made big differences. And that they’re both the same as each others, lonely. 

 

When he told her that he disliked what was outside his window, she wrote back and told him to learn to like it. 

 

Day by day he learned to like what was outside of his window as each day he received a letter from her. 

 

And she had fallen in love with that place because of him. 

 

––•••––

 

“Can we meet?” 

 

 

“Jisoo! How can you be so sure that he’s really a 15 years-old boy?” Her cousin, Jennie asked. The two were on their way home from their errands. 

 

Jisoo bit her bottom lip and wondered if she could trust her cousin. After-all, they’re best friends. She hesitated, but pulled Jennie in close and whispered to her, “I saw him!” 

 

Jennie gasped, her eyebrows furrowed, not believing Jisoo, “How–“

 

“He came and delivered the mail in the mailbox in front of our house!” Jisoo grinned in joy with her eyes squinted, re-imagining the scene of his side profile and his back, “Ah~, he looks so handsome!” 

 

“Aish.” Jennie sighed, rolling her eyes, “Aigoo, somebody is dreaming again.” 

 

Jisoo glanced shyly at Jennie’s words then smiled secretly. She couldn’t stop smiling and dreaming since the day she saw him. She was in her room, peaking from the curtain out the window and saw a boy with his guitar, going to their house’s mailbox and delivered the mail, and after that he tapped the box with a contented smile. That image was forever embedded in her mind. 

 

“Really, what if he’s a creep?” Jennie insisted. 

 

Jisoo pouted in anger and said, “I’ll take you with me to see him!” 

 

Jennie grinned. Jisoo sighed in defeat when she saw that her cousin just wanted to see the mysterious ‘mail-boy’ –their nickname for him–.

 

––•••––

 

He came again. 

 

Jisoo pulled Jennie over to the window, she raised the curtain a tiny bit to watch him. 

 

“Handsome right?” 

 

“Mm!” Jennie nodded ferociously, “Wah, Jisoo-yah, I wish you all the luck in the world!” The both of them giggled and laughed, and gossiped some more about him. 

 

––•••––

 

He waited for her under the tree that he used to frequent with friends. He had fond memories of the plac

Please log in to read the full chapter