PROLOGUE: A Little Bit Confusing, A Little More Divine

Deus Ex Maknae-ah
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What the other members of BigBang often forget is that before Seungri was their maknae, Lee Seunghyun was an oppa. They'd always see him as their cute little brother first, an annoyingly loud brat second, and they'd rarely think that he's also been an older brother all his life. To be fair, Lee Seunghyun was the type of oppa that didn't feel like one, until you looked - really looked - and then it'd hit you in the face with a ton of bricks made of chocolate because it was undeniably sweet how much he actually cared.

So when Seunghyun found their dance steps hard to follow and Seungri began helping, without needing to be asked, without being condescending, but with all the patience and understanding in the world, Seunghyun thought it was Seungri attempting to befriend him, but that was just maknae's oppa-responsibilities coming out, offering guidance whenever needed. 

So when Youngbae noticed the little managerial side of Seungri, always knowing all of their scedules even before their managers tell them and even finding work for them - in Japan, nonetheless - Youngbae thought Seungri was just business-minded, but that was maknae's oppa-instincts kicking in, wanting to provide for his siblings.

So when Daesung was surprised that Seungri knew why his nose is as it is today, he was genuinely touched because that information felt so trivial but Seungri made him feel important and Daesung just thought that Seungri listened as well as he talked, but that was maknae's oppa-sensibilities seeping through, caring secretly, consistently, never asking for anything back.

And when Jiyong wanted to take his own life and Seungri was there, being strong enough for him when he was weak, being strong enough to hold them both when Jiyong can barely keep himself together, he thought Seungri was just kind like that, but that was maknae's oppa-ardencies holding up, standing to protect the loves of his life, be it from the world or themselves.

Really, as Jiyong was asked for his secret to handling the leader-position so well and answered that it was because he met a good maknae, none of the other members thought it was false. Even Seungri, who felt really proud at that time and just basked in his hyungs' praise. 

They had an oppa for a maknae, and that was something else. 

The thing is, though, and this is largely the reason why the other members can't keep it in their heads, Seungri is only actively and passively an oppa to his little sister. Seungri never thinks about acting like a hyung to the other members because he isn't. He only thinks about being the perfect maknae and tries to live it. 

So to Lee Hanna, Lee Seunghyun would always be the sweetest, most thoughtful, and most loving oppa in the world.

To BigBang, Seungri would always be their adorable baby maknae, annoying and infuriating to a fault, but who they love nevertheless.

To them, Little Seunghyun would always be looking for trouble (and learn from them, sure) and will always provide them with some pain, balanced out with moments of strength and ability that make them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter