Prologue

Superheroes
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prologue

The world that I live in is probably very different from the world you live in.

For starters, in my world, everyday, you're probably going to wake up to the incessant sound of one of your neighbours' SUPER alarms going off. Then, you'll have to suffer through up to thirty minutes of said superhero neighbour scrambling out of their house to fight who-knows-what who-knows-where while you try (but horribly fail) to snuggle back under the covers before you actually have to get up and face reality.

Secondly, in my world, it's not uncommon to go a little crazy and want to strangle your multiple younger siblings. Especially, when your siblings include a twelve-year-old brother who can pass through anything and randomly walk through your bedroom walls and into your room while you're changing, two twin sisters who like to duplicate themselves while you're babysitting them and plot to get their older sister into trouble, and a three-year-old toddler who was (un)fortunately blessed with the power of a scream that can crack all the glasses, windows and china in the house and further guarantee many already sleepless nights. 

Thirdly, and maybe finally, in my world,  it's very normal to drool over the various superheroes that regularly fight on your side of the city. Young, good-looking and students or alumni of possibly the top superhero academy in the entire world, you can't help but constantly dream of being scouted and joining the prestigious

Please log in to read the full chapter