Sick

Sick with Love

"Luhan ~"

Ugh, this kid... But I guess I best get up.
Luhan slowly opened his eyes, letting them adjust to the brightness of the bedroom.
He'd gotten used to it now, little by little, and now it just felt natural to see this first thing in the morning.
By "this thing" though, he did not mean the room.

A tall figure was standing by Luhan's bed, softly calling him out of his sleep.
"Luhan ~" it said again. He said again.

Luhan smiled unconsciously, his whole face still buried in his blanket as this was his preferred sleeping position.
Annoying. Why am I smiling so early in the day.. Can't everything just wait for a bit? I need more sleep! Luhan was lost in thought, so he was not prepared when the other boy suddenly grabbed the end of the sheets and quickly pulling it off.
Luhan shivered all over at the sudden cold breeze, then he curled up in a fetus position.

"Sehun, can you not, please..." he told his servant.

"I am afraid I cannot not, sir." Sehun answered, empathizing the word sir. He was being sarcastic, Luhan knew that, but it still felt satisfying.

As he finally got himself together and sat up, Sehun handed him his clothes.
He began taking off his pajama, but suddenly hesitated.
"Can you turn around for a minute, Sehun..?" he asked the 6 months younger male.
Sehun did what he was told, disappointed that once again, he would not get to see the elder's slender body without cover.
He was not attracted to Luhan in any way, but he somehow felt a strange curiosity for how Luhan looked under layers of clothing.

When Luhan was done changing, the two went downstairs to join the rest of the family, plus of course Tao's new "butler".

While Luhan's butler had next to milky white skin, Tao's was fairly tanned.
His eyes had the shape of crescent moons, and he had an angel's personality.

The two late boys sat down and Luhan began to eat, carefully separating everything into small pieces as to not dirty himself. This was a major pet peeve of his.
Sehun and the other butler were to not eat until their masters had finished their meals, and they would do so in another room as the masters would finish getting ready for the tasks of the day.

--------------------

As the two, master and butler, had grown to know each other better, they would spend more and more time together, an unheard-of master-servant friendship.

Every morning, Luhan would wake up just a few minutes before Sehun came in to wake him up, only so that he wouldn't miss a second of Sehun's soft and somehow soothing voice.

Over time, he would become more and more eager to see Sehun, and the usually cold and slightly arrogant boy would soon be replaced by a happier Luhan.
Sehun of course took notice in this, and he was proud to see Luhan this way. It made him proud, but not as much as it made his family proud.

You see, the system in the community only allowed boys and girls of medium to high rank to become butlers and maids of families with high ranks.
But this boy, from a low-ranked family, had been chosen to fill the job as a butler.
This was a huge honor and help for his family that now had more connections and could receive help from the higher-ups of the town.

He thought about Luhan, who had treated him as a bug in the beginning, day after day becoming more friendly, and Sehun also liked him more and more.

Sehun smiled to himself as he thought about this for the 10000th time since the day in the Ivory Tent, where Healer Lay had given him this job.

While smiling to himself, Sehun did not notice his master staring at his arched lips.

Luhan was seated beside his precious butler at the spring town meeting almost half a year after the two had first met.
The town council members were discussing the usual, uninteresting stuff such as how to best educate the newest apprentices in their respective branches and how to pair men and women of higher and lower ranks to lift the standard facial- and body features of the town's residents.

Luhan noticed a movement from the corner of his right eye, and turned his head. The sight gave him a slight shock, but he managed only to let out a small gasp.

Sehun was smiling.

Luhan was taken aback by the sight and stared in awe as Sehun's lips formed a tiny, but nevertheless existent, upwards curve.
He continued to lose himself in the perfect shape, suddenly noticing that his breathing had increased in speed just a little.

Why am I losing my breath? I haven't done anything physical since this meeting started, Luhan thought to himself. He did not understand his body these days. 
In the morning too, when Sehun woke him up by calling his name, he smiled unconsciously, and his heart beat speed increased without warning.

Sehun turned his head and stared at Luhan, locking the older's two eyes with his own deep black ones.
His gently brushed back blonde hair wavered a little, but Luhan did not avert his sapphire colored eyes.

No, he kept losing himself in his servant's gaze, sinking deeper and deeper into the warm darkness.
His pulse speeded up, and his whole body became hot.
He felt scared. What was happening all of a sudden?

--------------------

After the meeting, Luhan decided that he and Sehun would go for a walk in the park, and so, they did.
Sehun walked beside him as they spoke about pointless things that only mattered when it was the two of them talking about it.
Sehun laughed once, and it made Luhan feel as if he could faint right there and then. Why? He didn't know. He was confused about so many things at the time, but he was also happier than he'd ever been before.

--------------------

Luhan...

Yes?

Luhan.

What is it?
 
Luhan!

WHAT?

Come back... Me.. Wh.. Wrong.. You?

I don't understand... Come back where?

Luhan frowned slightly, which made the male who was holding him slide his head closer to Luhan's delicate face.
"Luhan! What happened, are you okay? Come back to me. What is wrong with you, Luhan?!" Sehun said loudly.

Then, Luhan suddenly opened his blue eyes and found himself staring right into the other boy's jet black ones. His cheeks felt warm, his heart beated fast, and his breathing became rapid.
"S-Sehun! What happened? Why am I lying down, " he asked.
"I don't know! You just fainted right after laughing and I didn't know what to do so I brought you here. " Sehun explained, pointing to the park bench they were sitting on.

And with time, Luhan would more and more often feel physically ill or even faint when Sehun did certain things like laughing, hugging him or singing into his ear to wake him up in the morning.
 Soon, his parents became worried about their son, and Tao became worried about his beloved older brother.

The room was colored a blinding white, and it made Luhan's head hurt more than it already was.
They were at the healer, Lay's, residence because of Luhan's several "accidents" over the last weeks.
The whole Cha family was there including Sehun, and Tao's butler.

It was not a busy day for the healer today, so it didn't take long before Lay called them in.
"Cha Luhan, " he said. Not loud, not low, but the authority in his voice was undeniable.
The group of six made their way across the waiting room and into Lay's office, which, to Luhan's eyes' horror, also was painted in the nearly glowing white.

Luhan, Tao and their parents sat down, leaving the two butlers standing behind their masters.
A minute passed in silence as Lay seemed to study every face in the room... Except for his own, of course.

"So, let's get straight to the point, " he said. "Mrs. Cha, you say your first-born son has been suffering quite frequently from dizziness and absentmindedness. When did this start, if I may?"
Luhan took the word: "Around two weeks or so after the spring town meeting this year, Healer."

Lay's eyes wandered around Luhan's face to assure himself that the boy was telling the truth. Luhan was leaning back on the chair, sitting in a comfortable position against his butlers' lower chest.
"And what might your name be, servant?" he asked Sehun.
Sehun, who'd been looking down at Luhan's wavy, earth-colored hair, fixated his eyes just below Lay's chin as servants were not supposed to look high-rankers in the eyes.
"My name is Sehun, Healer."

Lay then asked Luhan about the exact things that were happening to him and the feelings that he felt when it did.
"Well... Sehun and I can be doing normal things like talking or walking in the park, and then I'll suddenly start to feel dizzy or even faint when Sehun tries to support me. How it feels? It's kind of hard to explain, but I guess... Like, it feels like something is wrapped around my chest and I can't breathe properly... And then something tickles right around... Here?" 
Luhan pointed to the left side of his chest where his innocent heart was located.

Lay's gaze seemingly penetrated the boy's chest as if to find out who had wrapped their hands around his young heart.

He studied Luhan's body and noticed that Luhan was almost sinking into Sehun's soft shirt, and he looked kind of tired but at the same time, comfortable.

Sehun flinched when Luhan nuzzled his head, enjoying the soft fabric against his neck. He stood upright even more than before, and he felt his heart rate increase without warning. His eyes widened as something hit him; could Luhan feel this?
He stood as still as possible, hoping that the other boy wouldn't notice that his heart had run wild. He looked down at Luhan, only to have the opposite confirmed; his master was frowning, and he tapped Sehun's side.

"Sehun... You don't have to be so nervous, he's not that bad, " Luhan whispered, thinking Lay was the cause of Sehun's rapidly beating heart.
Sehun whimpered silently. He took a few deep breaths, but the thumps in his chest refused to slow down at all.

The Cha's and Lay continued to talk for almost an hour until the healer finally reached a shocking conclusion on Luhan's problem.
Said boy widened his eyes, eager to know what on earth was had been wrong with his body these past months.
His mom leaned forward, and his younger brother grabbed the collar of his servant's shirt and dragged him down to whisper something never to be known by others in his ears. The tanned butler smiled, and his eyes became half circles.

"I just want you to know that I am truly sorry for what I am about to say..." Lay started. The Cha parents had shock and worry in their eyes, and Tao and his butler, Jongin, became serious.
The room went dead silent, only Sehun could hear the ear-wrecking sound of his beating heart.
Luhan took a quick inhale, expecting the worst.

"After hearing Cha Luhan's story, I have reached a conclusion. It is not something I have ever seen firsthand or worked with before. What I know, I have only heard from acquaintances and books.
Cha Luhan has been diagnosed with love."