One day , two days , I can't forget you .

Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


 

After a non-stop flight of 13 hours , I have finally arrived at Incheon international airport .  Taking a deep breath , I closed my eyes and gripped my belongings tight as if seeking for a tangible evidence that I was not dreaming . It's been so long since I last came back home after all . Everything feels .. Just Like a dream . And I'm not just talking about my biological hour . I let my eyes scan the whole area , smiling when I noticed a cute little girl tugging at her mother's clothes demanding attention . Watching so many Asian faces Looked foreign to my Caucasian - features - accustomed - eyes  .

 

 " Ah ! I'm sorry . " Someone bumped into me then quickly apologized even though I was to blame . After all , it was not time for me to daydream .

 

" Oh ! No worries . It was my fault actually  ."  It was only when the short girl blinked at me , her eyes full of confusion that I realized I had actually answered in English . ( She was not short for a typical Korean girl but since I got quite used to girls being taller , it seemed odd to me . )

 

" Sorry . It's been long since I last conversed in Korean . " This time , I did not speak in English and watched as she blushed and nodded in understanding .  

 

" Sorry again . It was my fault for standing like that . " With a final apology and a charming smile , I bowed a little and excused myself . It seems , my mind still knew about Korean culture to a certain degree . Foreigners don't go about bowing in respect every time they converse after all . I was about to move ahead when another realization hit me ,  spending so much time abroad must have affected my Korean more than I ever thought possible  , if the way she strained her ears to process my words was any indication  .

 

Shrugging , I ruffled my now light brown hair and proceeded towards the crowd of people waiting for their relatives , friends or whoever arrived from abroad .

 

No sooner had I left the girl than I noticed a banner with my name written on it and a familiar figure ,  wearing oversized shades and a cap , holding it . Grinning , I waved my hand up in the air and shouted his name . His head shifted trying to locate the source of the voice calling him and when his eyes finally fell on me , he smiled from ear to ear and urged a guy next to him - most definitely his boyfriend -  to move along . Though I was not exactly updated about my friend's life , I knew that much - gratefully - . His boyfriend had on a cap as well but no shades and from such distance , I couldn't catch a good look of him . Though there was one thing that stood out , he was definitely shorter and way tinier than my best friend , Minsoo . We have known each other ever since childhood but then college life ,  career and our dream jobs separated us . Seeking education abroad under constant encouragement from  father , I left Seoul whilst Minsoo stayed . Taking into consideration the busy nature of   college life ,  time difference and all ,  we rarely got a chance to talk and hardly kept in touch . So one day ,  When I decided to go back  home , Minsoo offered to both welcome me at the airport and let me stay over .

During that time ,  we got to experience all sorts of romantic emotions  - liking ,  loving or feeling attracted to someone - .  But it was Minsoo being lucky enough to actually get in a relationship .
 

I knew that Minsoo's had a lover whose name was Lee Byunghun but that was it . I never knew how he looked like  . Minsoo wasn't the showy type so he didn't enjoy posting about his love life all over social media and even if he did , I wouldn’t have had time to check the pictures out . 


We have all inched closer and finally stood right in front of each other . I gave Minsoo a half hug that lasted for good 60 seconds then retreated , my eyes slowly moving towards his boyfriend . As soon as I stared at his features up close , I nearly lost my smile . This just couldn't be . I have heard about people having look - alikes and knew it was real but could never understand just how much of a resemblance could get involved . Some greater power up there must really hate me . I couldn't even begin to imagine how the next few days would escalate since I would be staying with Minsoo whose boyfriend shared a great resemblance with the last person I ever wanted to remember  .  Why did my best friend have to fall in love with a guy who look exactly like .. My train of thoughts ground to a halt as I faintly noticed my current situation  . Though I had perfectly masked my emotions , it seems I was a little bit too late about it because the guy sent me a certain look . He was obviously confused by my reaction . I should have greeted him and all but I stood there staring at him like he was hell itself .

 

" How does it feel like to live abroad , ha ? " Minsoo asked as he flung an arm around my shoulder completely snapping me out of my haze and for that I was immensely grateful . though a very small part of me kept thinking about his boyfriend . It took me some seconds to register my friend's words and when I did , my mind decided to take a quick journey down the memory lane scanning my life so far .

 

' how does it feel like to live abroad ' A question that stuck to me my whole life . well .. Not exactly , but you get the idea . I'm Korean , living in Canada because of my father's preference . I've attended college , graduated and planning to have a job there as well . Most people think of it as cool and in a way , it is .. To be living in a country with different culture , to wake up every morning and walk the streets , watching different faces , foreign ones . It's simply magical and a whole new world , experience and lifestyle altogether . However , there was always that nagging feeling that kept telling me I was not home . And It was that feeling that kept pulling me back to Korea . Putting on the poker face , I smiled briefly then proceeded answering him . After few moments , he pulled away and gently touched his boyfriend's shoulder introducing him to me . Awkwardly , I nodded towards him acknowledging his existence and smiled formally as he greeted me in a polite manner no less awkward than mine . We didn't spend much time there as Minsoo rushed us towards the exit and eventually his car . My lazy friend has not changed much - he didn't even bother to drive and instead let his boyfriend do that - which satisfied me . I don't like things or people to change unless it was for the better . The ride back home consisted of heavy silence that seemed more disturbing to me than initiating a conversation with Minsoo - who I highly doubted was asleep - and his boyfriend who was busy driving . But I still decided to give it a try . " How is your channel going ? " I spoke up knowing Minsoo would answer me of he was awake . I heard him humming as if contemplating his answer then finally replied smugly " Would 734 , 267 subscribers answer your question ? " My jaw could have dropped at that . Minsoo has a you tube channel where he posts videos of him rapping and all . But I had no idea he'd become so popular . what's the term ? Ah . Internet celebrities .

 

" I met this guy , Niel , he has been collaborating with me which made my channel even more popular since I compose and rap while he sings . He has a very unique voice . Sometimes Byunghun joins us too . His songwriting skills are great " Minsoo narrated drawing a humble chuckle from his boyfriend and a cry of surprise from me . I knew my friend was gifted but didn't expect his channel to go that far . leaning forward , I stared in awe at Minsoo .

 

" How do you even have time for that ? " Referring to Minsoo's job , I questioned . the said shrugged before replying , his tone half sarcastic half sincere " Well , I don't post a new video every day . It does take time ." I was beyond impressed and that showed in my voice and whole demeanour . I also felt a lot more comfortable as the conversation flowed smoothly , a stark contrast to my mood few moments ago . " Man ! That's awesome . " I expressed enthusiastically before sighing in content and leaning back on my seat deciding to rest a bit .

 

Minsoo honestly wanted to talk some more , ask about his friend's life but knew the other may need a nap or something . The rest of the ride went by uneventfully until they reached Minsoo's apartment where they helped Chanhee unpack and settle in then bid him goodnight . It was real late after all .

 

The next morning , Chanhee woke up early seeing as how he'd slept a lot the day before . He was lying in bed checking his phone and decided to call his parents , tell them he was fine and all . Even though he didn't exactly spend much time with them in canada , staying in a separate country made him miss them so much . The phone call was pleasant and short . As soon as it ended , a knock on the door resonated about catching his attention .

 

" Yes ? " Chanhee answered as he stood up heading towards the door which he swayed open to reveal a sleepy looking Minsoo - nothing unusual - who seemed to be kicked out of bed . True enough , the elder yawned and said something about Byunghun forcing him to wake up and check on his friend . Chanhee could only chuckle at that .

 

" Morning to you too , Minsoo " the elder sarcastically nodded pointing towards the direction of the dining table as he informed his friend " Breakfast will be ready in few minutes . " Chanhee nodded , already concluding that cooking was the shorter male's job . Well , it was not hard to believe . After all , Minsoo was too lazy to fit the role . the elder then excused himself to give Chanhee his privacy . No sooner had Minsoo left than a certain rich voice echoed about the apartment .

 

" Minsoo ! Breakfast is ready ! " Byunghun shouted knowing that his boyfriend would tell their guest to come as well .

 

The aura between Chanhee and the golden brown haired male still radiated a touch of awkwardness but it was obvious that Byunghun was doing his best to be friendly and Chanhee started to feel honestly bad for the guy . However , if there was anything Chanhee lacked in terms of social skills , it was the fact he could never pretend to be comfortable in a situation he was not in the least bit thrilled to be in .

 

Breakfast was painfully awkward for a certain brown haired male , namely , Chanhee . To the point that even Minsoo took notice of it and so , in an attempt to break the silence , he decided to initiate a conversation - oblivious to the impact such thing would have on his friend " Byunghun - as odd as it may seem - is a vet  . " the shorter male who was eating peacefully , slowed down , as he heard that .

 

What suddenly possessed Minsoo to talk about my profession ? Byunghun inwardly questioned himself but made no effort to interrupt his boyfriend .

 

" We first met when I took my dog to his clinic . The girls there kept whispering and well , fawning over me  which made Byunghun amused yet uncomfortable . " Minsoo narrated and Byunghun let out a chuckle  , his hands covering his mouth ( Something that Chanhee noticed him doing more often than not ) as his eyes turned into adorable crescents . Minsoo smiled at his boyfriend's reaction and nearly chuckled as well then proceeded filling Chanhee in on everything .  the younger was tempted to make him stop because listening to their love story did not appeal to him in the very least due to obvious reasons but since Minsoo did not know about his friend's High school life in Canada , Chanhee couldn't blame nor stop him especially not when he seemed so enthusiastic about it  .

 

Something I probably would never have the privilege to feel . Chanhee thought wistfully .

 

I'm really not interested , Minsoo . the words almost left his mouth . But that would have been plain rude , not to mention suspicious . Because usually , he found anything about Minsoo fairly interesting . So it's with great self-control that he forced himself to listen and seem somewhat interested .

 

" He sent me a look and said he didn't want the clinic to turn into a place for a fan-signing event . I literally cracked up at that . And surprisingly Byunghun joined me . After a good minute of laughter , the aura between us seemed less tense and more friendly . He proved to be a good vet and person in general I couldn't help but get attached . After that time , I made a habit of visiting his clinic and he didn't seem to mind which further encouraged me . The rest is quite predictable.  " Minsoo talked non-stop , his eyes practically sparkling as he recalled those memories .

 

Is it just me or the food is horrible ? Sneaking a glance at the other two , Chanhee realized it must have been him , because Minsoo and his boyfriend were nearly devouring their plates .

 

 Great ! My bitter mood won't even allow me to enjoy a ing simple meal . Could my life get any worse ? As soon as he inwardly asked that , Byunghun lifted his head and looked at him making the said understandably freak out .

 

Did I say it out loud ? Oh God . Please no .

 

" Chanhee , is the food not to your liking ? Should I have prepared some western dishes ? I don't cook non-korean food but I could try or maybe we can go out and eat in a restaurant of your choice , ha ?  " He started bombarding Chanhee with questions and the latter was torn between staying polite shaking his head and finishing his meal just to make the other relax , and claiming he just had a bad appetite before excusing himself . But of course either of which would make him look disrespectful and he couldn't have that especially since Minsoo offered , scratch that , insisted that he spends his stay with him . He couldn't mistreat Minsoo's boyfriend . And it's not that he wanted to , he didn't dislike Byunghun . However , he really wanted to limit his interaction with the guy as much as possible lest he ended up getting suffocated and overwhelmed by his own memories but Byunghun being extra nice and hospitable really did not help .

 

" Oh ! No . I'm just not really hungry right now . Don't worry though , I'm sure the food is as delicious as it looks . " Chanhee did his best trying to sound friendly but that slowly vanished when he noticed how Byunghun looked at him like he could see through all of it . His expression was bittersweet like he knew everything and felt dej

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter