Chapter 16

Seventh Touch

Ryeowook smiled half heartedly at Kibum and sighed audibly.

 

"I think I'm going to go to bed. If you feel like talking to me we can handle anything tomorrow. I'm just ready for that copycat to be caught. I--" Ryeowook cut off when cold lips pressed against his forehead.

 

"Go to bed. You're rambling because you're nervous, I'll check on them before I come to bed." Kibum assured and pushed Ryeowook gently towards his bedroom, eyes lingering on his legs as he climbed the stairs.

 

Kibum waited until he knew Ryeowook was in bed before he turned cold eyes on the door.

 

"I have to find the person responsible." He growled.

 

He was tired of Ryeowook living with worry and fear, in a way, because of him. He sighed and headed to the police station. At least there he could find answers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ryeowook lay in bed for nearly an hour before he sighed, his tummy rumbling. He stood to get some food and paused.

 

"Kibum never came back inside." He realized, grabbing his food and going down the hall to Leeteuk's room.

 

"Has Kibum been.... in here?" He asked, trailing off at the state of the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Kangin. Look at me." 

 

Leeteuk was laying against Kangin's back, just trying to get the younger's attention but it wasn't working. He knew what Kangin felt right now because he felt the same; guilt. Kangin shouldn't have to deal with this, any of it. 

 

"Youngwoon-ah..."

 

"I wanted to protect you." Kangin's head was still down but not covered by his hands. Leeteuk raised his eyebrow at the statement. 

 

"Protect me? Youngwoon, you have! You've done nothing wrong!" Leeteuk bolted up from the bed and to the floor to kneel in front of the other. 

 

"I have been disowned, beaten, tortured, shot, everything. Do you honestly think I can't take a few comments every now and then?" 

 

Youngwoon looked away but Leeteuk gently cupped Kangin's face in his palms. 

 

"You have done everything." 

 

He leaned up and pressed his lips to Kangin's, nothing more. Kangin sat frozen. 

 

"I love you." 

 

Leeteuk stood and sat on the bed again but this time he brought Kangin's head down to rest in his lap and gently run his fingers through Kangin's hair. Kangin sighed and, eventually, fell into a very depressed sleep. Leeteuk just continued to pet him even after he had fallen asleep and almost fell asleep himself. 

 

He heard Ryeowook and heard the door open but as soon as the younger entered the room he brought a finger to his lips in a gesture of silence. Ryeowook nodded. Leeteuk nodded and let his eyes fall to Kangin's bloody hand. He heard a gasp and knew Ryeowook had seen. He gestured towards to fallen drawer and did a wrapping motion but Ryeowook just gave him a confused look for a moment before it hit him. He quickly got the bandages and handed them to his 'mother'. Leeteuk smiled and took them from him and unrolled it a bit. 

 

He gently picked up Kangin's hand and began to wrap it up tightly but not tight enough that the younger would wake up. He could feel Ryeowook watching him but all of his attention was focused on the man in his lap.

 

 

 

 

After a moment of silence, Ryeowook spoke up. "I don't pretend to know what went on here but I should probably go to bed..... I just wanted to ask you if you'd seen Kibum. He's not in bed and he said he was going to check on you......"

 

 

 

 

 

Kibum made his way through the police station, hearing all the chatter about Kangin and Leeteuk around the office. He made himself visible, which startled all the workers, and continued back to Eunhyuk's office, where he heard the information had come from.

 

Opening the door he winced to find two men making out and he flinched as handcuffs slid through his arms and he turned to glare at the officer.

 

"So, you like talking to others about private matters?! I'm wondering if you're the jackass who keeps telling the media what's going on huh? Maybe if I go back to my old ways my parents can live in peace. You bastard!" Kibum said as he turned back towards Eunhyuk.

 

"ing hypocrite." He spat and the officers, who were in a frenzy over the fact their cuffs had gone through someone, stared in confusion as they noticed a civilian in the other man's office.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Leeteuk perked up when he heard Ryeowook say that Kibum wasn't there, "Where did he go Ryeowook?"

 

"He said he was going to check on you before he went to bed and that's all hyung. I swear it." Ryeowook looked Leeteuk straight in the eyes. 

 

Leeteuk looked him over for a moment, judging whether he was telling the truth or not. He eventually decided that Ryeowook really didn't know anything and motioned for the boy to walk over to them. Ryeowook quietly made his way over, stepping over glass and other broken objects and stood by his umma. Leeteuk reached up and cupped his cheek gently before bringing his head down and planting a light kiss on his forehead.

 

"Go to sleep Wookie, I'll go find Kibum."

 

Ryeowook nodded and looked down at Kangin for a moment before turning and walking just as quietly out of the room. He was about to shut the door behind him when he caught Leeteuk's gentle head shake. 

 

Once Ryeowook had left Leeteuk gently shifted his body and guided Kangin's head to rest on the pillow Leeteuk had gotten for him. He placed a soft kiss on Kangin's lips and walked out the door, never making a sound. He looked back and gave the slumbering body a pitiful glance and headed out the door, closing it behind him.

 

Leeteuk went down the stairs and grabbed his phone, badge, keys, and gun off of the small table in their living room and started to head for the office only pausing to grab his coat off of the rack. He quickly drove to the office and found all eyes upon him. He stood proud and tall as he waltzed through the office without giving any of them a second glance. 

 

He was about to walk into his office when a very pale Eunhyuk walked out of the chief's office. He frowned and almost made his way towards him but as soon as Eunhyuk saw him he flinched away and made his way into his office. 

 

"Park!"

 

Leeteuk's attention shot up towards the chief and saw him giving him the finger point. Nervously Leeteuk walked into the chief's office and was greeted by a very unhappy chief.

 

"Sit down Mr. Park, there's a few things I'd like to discuss."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eunhyuk sat in his chair with Donghae at his side, not saying a word. "I'm going to go home. Call me before you leave. Be careful of that stupid man with the long hair. See you tonight." He said planting a kiss on the other's lips before leaving.


 

"Be careful of him? He's a freak." Eunhyuk muttered.

 

"Thanks for that." A voice spoke causing him to shriek.

 

Kibum stood in front of him, the door to the room locked. "What the heck?!" Eunhyuk frowned, trying to reach for his gun only to have Kibum in his face.


 

"Go ahead, shoot me. It won't do you any good. You've been meddling in my parents' love lives and you need to stop. I'm going to make sure you do." He hissed, advancing on Eunhyuk and ignoring the shot that was fired.

 

Immediately, a commotion began outside and Kibum allowed himself to possess Eunhyuk. His writs, ankles, and other areas began to bruise and bleed as Kibum searched his memories. Flashes of Donghae appeared in his mind as he sifted through the conversations quickly, freezing as he heard Eunhyuk tell Donghae of the case. Donghae seemed barely interested and half asleep but soon after, Kibum was forced out of his body.

 

He glared at Eunhyuk, breathing heavy, after he looked briefly for something to hit him with only to come up empty handed. He landed one punch on him before the door slammed open and officers stepped inside.

 

 

 

 

 

"Well Park, I've heard an interesting rumor going around right now."

 

Leeteuk held his head high and gave no sign of fear, "And what might that be Chief?"

 

The Chief looked Leeteuk directly in the eyes, "I've heard some interesting details on you and your partner."

 

"And sir?"

 

"I think you know damn well what Park!" the Chief snarled.

 

Leeteuk remained strong, "I'm afraid I don't sir." 

 

"Break it off."

 

"I refuse."

 

The Chief stood up and walked closer to him where they were face to face, "Do you want to lose your job?"

 

"I'd prefer losing my job over him."

 

"Are you sure you want to go down this road?" 

 

"I see no reason why not. I've been with him for over 6 years and it has never affected our work. We've always been the best here, even together."

 

 

"Park I'm warning you-"

 

"Chief!"

 

The Chief whipped up and glared at the officer in front of him, "What?" 

 

"It's Officer Lee, he was attacked!" 

 

Leeteuk and Chief jumped at this and ran out of the room and towards the room where the man was attacked, on the way they heard an officer yelling for someone to stop. Leeteuk looked and saw a pale boy with long, long black hair run around the corner. He stopped at the sight. That couldn't have been....could it?

 

"He's gone!"

 

That confirmed it, it really was him, "Kibum!"

 

"Call an ambulance!" another cop yelled but Leeteuk didn't hear it, all he heard was his own heart pounding in his chest and the blood rushing through him.

 

 

Kibum continued to run, taking turn after turn until he made it outside, chest heaving. He looked around frantically but realized Leeteuk was still inside. He had been startled to see him in the building even in passing.

 

"Donghae... that was the man in there just a few minutes ago.... so he's the one that knows all about the case....." He thought to himself as he looked up and saw his guardian burst through the door.

 

"Hyung!" He shouted, running up to Leeteuk and hugging him tightly.

 

"Hyung I have a lead!" He said only to be smacked by Leeteuk.

 

"You just did something stupid and dangerous! Go home where it's safe now before I do something I regret."

 

Kibum's slight smile fell from his face and he glared, stepping back from him. "I was only trying to help... that idiot is the one that shot at me." He said before vanishing, leaving Leeteuk standing in front of the police station.

 

 

Ryeowook tip toed back into Kangin and Leeteuk's room carefully as the other began to stir. He'd cleaned most of the mess and just wanted to rest but he was worried about the others. He climbed into bed with his 'Appa' and rested his head on his chest.

 

"Good night Appa."

 

 

 

Leeteuk slammed the door shut behind him and leaned against it, all his energy drained. He slowly lifted his hand to his face only to see it shaking rather violently. Was it from fear? Obviously it was. When he had seen Eunhyuk on the ground and then Kibum his mind had drawn a blank, he thought that something had happened to Kibum. Then with Kangin and him being exposed now it was also possible he could lose his job, and that meant he couldn't protect Kangin, Ryeowook or Kibum. Plus there was the fact that he had...he had hit Kibum. 

 

Leeteuk looked down at his hand and felt guilt wash over him like a tidal wave. He hadn't meant to slap the boy but he had been so scared, if someone had seen him he could have been taken away from them, forever. Leeteuk couldn't bear the thought of losing one of his children. He felt a cold chill and looked up to see Kibum in the door way, glaring at him with hurt and betrayed eyes. 

 

"Kibum-ah..."

 

Kibum stiffened at the sound of Leeteuk's voice; it sounded...hurt, broken almost. 

 

"Umma?"

 

"Kibum-ah, come here." Leeteuk raised his hand and it was then that Kibum noticed the fine tremble that had overthrown Leeteuk's body. Leeteuk croaked out Kibum's name once more before his legs began to give out. 

 

"Umma!" Kibum rushed forward and caught the man before he fell. 

 

Gently Kibum lowered them to the ground and held his foster parent close, all the betrayal and hurt forgotten. The trembling got worse and Leeteuk's whole body began to shake. Kibum had no clue what to do now. He gently turned to see Leeteuk's eyes and felt his heart tear at the lost and hurt in those eyes.

 

"Umma...I-"

 

Kibum didn't get to finish because Leeteuk shifted to where he was on his knees and pulled Kibum to his chest and nuzzled his face into the teen's hair. Kibum felt something wet on his head and knew immediately that his umma was crying. Leeteuk began to murmur something but he couldn't quite hear it. Kibum cuddled closer and finally heard what the other way saying.

 

"I'm sorry....I'm sorry..."

 

Leeteuk just kept repeating that over and over again to the boy in his arms. Kibum pulled away and just starred at him, "Umma, what's wrong!"

 

"Kibum-ah," Leeteuk raised his hand to where he had hit him earlier "I hit you today, something I swore not to do. I'm so sorry."

 

Kibum looked away, "It's okay..."

 

"No, it isn't but you must understand Kibum, I was terrified at that point."

 

Kibum looked up at his umma, "You were...afraid?"

 

Leeteuk gave a sad smile and nodded, "If someone saw you and connected you to me...I could lose you forever Kibum. Kangin and I won't be able to protect you from the entire force though we will die trying but that would only break our other promise." 

 

"T-that Eunhyuk guy...he tried to hurt you and Appa..."

 

"He's always been like that Kibum-ah. He hates us for so many reasons but now that everyone knows about us, we could lose everything. We could lose our jobs and then we wouldn't be able to protect you." 

 

Kibum's eyes widened, "But you didn't do anything wrong!"

 

"I'm in a relationship with my partner. That is not allowed."

 

"But you've been with him for years! Why should it matter now?" 

 

Leeteuk smiled and pulled the boy close, "Life just isn't fair. Never has been and never will be."

 

Kibum cuddled into Leeteuk's chest, "It isn't right though..."

 

Leeteuk chuckled and kissed the top of Kibum's head, "I'm sorry."

 

"I forgive you."

 

Leeteuk smiled and slowly pulled himself up only to almost fall again but luckily, like last time, Kibum caught him, "You're still shaking Umma, don't push yourself. I'll take you upstairs."

 

"No, just the couch would be fine."

 

Kibum huffed as he put his arm around Leeteuk's waist, "But it's hard for two people to fit on the couch."

 

Leeteuk raised an eyebrow, "Two people?"

 

"Me and you Umma."

 

"You're going to...stay with me?" Leeteuk questioned.

 

"Of course I am! I don't know what you'll do in this state! And you're still trembling, though I don't know why."

 

"I'm still scared Kibum."

 

Kibum stayed quiet and guided them to the couch and gently set the elder down and quickly cuddled to his side, "I know you want to keep your job Umma but I'm sure it'll work out."

 

"I'm not scared for my job Kibum-ah."

 

Kibum looked up and gave Leeteuk a confused glance, "Then what?"

 

Leeteuk pulled Kibum close and placed a loving kiss on his forehead, "I'm scared to lose you and Ryeowook."

 

Kibum felt love and happiness race through him; someone wanted him. Someone cared.

 

"You'll never lose us Umma. Never."